Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is what I'm running for farming T1/2 with another Monk buddy.

Thiris - Community - Diablo III

Deadly Reach + Mythic Rhythm are pretty good. I've got my Lashing Tail Kick up in the 12-14m range. Popping Epiphany pretty much allows me to stand in just about anything sans Arcane orbs and just wreck packs. I'm waiting for stuns to be nerfed.
frown.png
A few interesting choices. I've always disliked the range on CS with anything except Implosion. How do you deal with CS putting mobs behind you when DR and LTK are frontal cones? Same problem I have with FoF being my kill skill and why I'm considering a CW-Mangle and LTK-VCK build.

Do you think speccing Foresight makes up for the lack of +lightning% not applying to your builder?

Do you know if Mythic Rhythm works on Sweeping Winds? If so, is it additive or multiplicative with other damage modifiers like +lightning%?

As for Epiphany, I've been stacking some CDR and just using Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace. This allows me to use Inner Fire, which is too damn good not to use, and you still get the same damage reduction from Desert Shroud. And the uptime on the buff essentially replace MoC, so no need for a mantra.

I honestly wish I had a 7th skill slot. I want to use CS-I so bad with a lightning build. But lightning builds need SW-Cyclone to be competitive. Not sure what to drop to make room.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know it is pretty common for Barbs to log out with full fury (Berserker's Rage buff) and surrounded by mobs (Brawler buff) if they're obsessed with ranked DPS. I guess now you want to log out with 25 stacks of Rampage as well.
Does that really work? I thought it was just your base sheet. I know the barb in game when we grind is at 700k dps but when he logs out he swaps in other items and logs out at 900k+. If any buffs are calculated into that damage when you log out then its even more reason its a silly number.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wizzies use all kinds of builds, Frozen orb is just popular because of the ease. I barely see wizards standing at the range where it hits as it explodes to get the extra effect anyway.

The wizzies I run with are still using arcane builds w/o 4pc, hell cannoneer alone without % ele mods or anything does 200% weapon damage as AE.
Audacity and Unwavering Will mean we kind of just say fuck it even when we're too close.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does that really work? I thought it was just your base sheet. I know the barb in game when we grind is at 700k dps but when he logs out he swaps in other items and logs out at 900k+. If any buffs are calculated into that damage when you log out then its even more reason its a silly number.
They may have changed it but that is the way it worked last I checked

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm on before most on the weekends and I chuckle whenever I see someone in the clan id ~10 legendary/set pieces at once in the morning. Gee...did someone just wake up from a night of botting?
Eh, I was split farming with a couple friends last night and ended up with 30 Horadric Caches. We were speed farming so I just didn't bother openeing any of them or any legendaries that dropped during the runs (I think I had 3-4 that dropped, plus another 6 from caches)

We were getting really into it though. Clear Act 1/2 in ~10 minutes with the two of us. When we added one more it was cut down to ~8 minutes. Adding in Act 4 with the 3 of us brought it up to ~15 minutes for 3x caches. I think we farmed for ~4 hours and opened everything up afterward? It was almost like Christmas!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Epeen on diabloprogress which is worthless because none of the top DPS runs with optimal % mods or even set pieces. Its all about who can get the highest sheet DPS.

My friends I run with are on the top 10 for Barb / DH and talk about logging out with special gear to boost their rank and then they play with other sets of gear for actual clearing.
I was on 2-6th in toughness for monk for a bit there until everyone started logging out with silly ass gear that sucks but gives more stats. Kind of bothers me it goes straight off of sheet DPS but really it doesn't matter at all. I change between tank and DPS constantly though so never gonna be up there again consistently lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
That would be incredibly annoying to calculate, not even blizzard does that shit, let alone some shitty 3rd party site.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Piranado is fun. Good stun good clumping power and gives everybody a 15% damage boost to any target effected by it so all around good support/DPS power.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I lost my (hardcore) DH today due to whatever fucky is going on with their servers or whatever (died due to disconnect).

I've lost plenty of characters and never care, even when it's been my interwebs that caused it once. But for some reason when it's their issue, it really pisses me off, and I want my character back. Does anyone have any experience with attempting to get an HC char back? I'm guessing it's 100% never, but then again I wonder if it's possible as a one-time-only thing on a day when they apparently acknowledged server issues (that I wasn't aware of in time to stop playing).

Mostly I just don't want to lose some of the cool shit I had on her. Leveling isn't an issue.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Our Internet Backbone contacts have told us that the node responsible for these issues has been identified and is being worked on. They didn't provide us an ETA, but if it's going to take long they'll typically start routing traffic around the problem node as a temporary workaround. Either way, this connection issue should get better fairly soon.
That was posted about 2 hours ago.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was 100% never until that bug the other week where people were logging in naked. Pretty sure if you complained and they could verify your toon was naked when they died they restored your character, but that was the first I've heard of blizzard restoring hc characters.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I lost my (hardcore) DH today due to whatever fucky is going on with their servers or whatever (died due to disconnect).

I've lost plenty of characters and never care, even when it's been my interwebs that caused it once. But for some reason when it's their issue, it really pisses me off, and I want my character back. Does anyone have any experience with attempting to get an HC char back? I'm guessing it's 100% never, but then again I wonder if it's possible as a one-time-only thing on a day when they apparently acknowledged server issues (that I wasn't aware of in time to stop playing).

Mostly I just don't want to lose some of the cool shit I had on her. Leveling isn't an issue.
Don't bother trying to get a character back, it won't happen thus entirely wasted effort. If servers are acting shitty, simply don't play your HC characters.. its part of the warning you accept when you make the character
"Customer Support will not revive a hardcore character for any reason" or something along those lines.

Thats hardcore for you homie.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm at 600k dps on char sheet but actual elite (Azmodan) dps is 10-15million damage per second. Don't get stat those stat sheet blues!

I've got something like +30% holy and +30% lightning with +30% elite damage. Not to mention the 30% to SSS and 15% to FoF.

Basically: Char sheet is a lie. A LIE!