Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh for crying out loud. You have to click the advance tool tips option in the interface settings to see the actual elemental damage. Why the hell is this not a default setting? Ok, that is cleared up now.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I got a Magefist this morning, which made my gear fairly weird: +34% fire damage and +27% arcane orb damage.

Arcane Orb - Scorch is just awkward to use. To get the maximum benefit, you have to be positioned such that the explosion pops on top of an enemy. But that's like a full screen away. Either that or you try to lob the orbs against a wall, which only really works on some maps.

Instead, I'm trying a melee/EE build:Ling - Community - Diablo III

Keep Arcane Orbit up, hit Explosive Blast, Teleport into groups of enemies, and start hacking away with Spectral Blade. Seems pretty effective. But then again, I haven't tried anything past T1 and at this point in my gear, I can spec pretty much anything and still be fine in T1.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I control/alt/whatever button it is to look at stats on rares on the ground and everytime I do I get a lag spike. It's annoying as fuck, this is in addition to a lag spike when people log on and people get achievements.. Did they have an intern program the game?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
No eta, but they are fixing it so that +% damage affects elemental type damage too so not just black weapons will be bis.

I've been having some poor luck with rerolls
frown.png
probably going to need to farm some gold this weekend.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Found this posted on the forums:

uGJ6XG5.png

I wonder how that 25% legendary boost in rifts stacks with the Torment bonus. If it's additive(probably not), it favors running rifts at T1. If it's multiplicative, it favors running rifts at T6. Still running T1 rifts myself, not quite sure at what point to move the difficulty up. Was able to reincorporate MoC-A instead of Epiphany, so I figured that warranted staying at T1. At the very least, you shouldn't up the difficulty until your DPS is X * 1.6/1.15, where X is what you started that difficulty at.

Unrelated:

Blizzard_sl said:
To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries.

Only the gear from monsters, including Rift Guardians, is affected by Difficulty level.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
And yes, +elemental damage is the strongest single DPS attribute in the game, as it works as a straight damage multiplier. If you use only fire skills, a bracer with +15% fire damage will be an upgrade even if it says "-10% damage" when you hover over it.
I believe +skill damage works the same way. Obviously doesn't apply to all the skills on your bar like +elemental damage, but +15% arcane orb or +15% cold damage should be the same damage.

Elerion

N00b
I believe +skill damage works the same way. Obviously doesn't apply to all the skills on your bar like +elemental damage, but +15% arcane orb or +15% cold damage should be the same damage.
Yep, but most builds have at least two damaging skills (builder+spender), which makes elemental better.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a Magefist this morning, which made my gear fairly weird: +34% fire damage and +27% arcane orb damage.

Arcane Orb - Scorch is just awkward to use. To get the maximum benefit, you have to be positioned such that the explosion pops on top of an enemy. But that's like a full screen away. Either that or you try to lob the orbs against a wall, which only really works on some maps.

Instead, I'm trying a melee/EE build:Ling - Community - Diablo III

Keep Arcane Orbit up, hit Explosive Blast, Teleport into groups of enemies, and start hacking away with Spectral Blade. Seems pretty effective. But then again, I haven't tried anything past T1 and at this point in my gear, I can spec pretty much anything and still be fine in T1.
Thats ok Xald, Im at 29% meteor + 37% cold with EE and set bonus for 25% to the rest.

Are you using Arcane Dynamo for EB? 60% more damage is pretty crazy for it or those orbs.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And yes, +elemental damage is the strongest single DPS attribute in the game, as it works as a straight damage multiplier. If you use only fire skills, a bracer with +15% fire damage will be an upgrade even if it says "-10% damage" when you hover over it.
There's a breakpoint where raw damage is better than ele damage though. For DH at least, 10% raw damage is worth about the same as 15% fire damage. Actually that breakpoint should be the same for all classes, but what differs is which stat you allow to be considered for that raw damage number. For instance, I would never replace 15% fire with 10% 'other' if part of that 10% was made of IAS. IAS is useless to me beyond what unavoidable amount I get from my quiver and the 'free' IAS on my perfectly rolled Magefist. I only consider raw damage from dex/crit/crit dmg when I make upgrade choices. You just have to decide which stats actually matter to you for whatever class you play.

Blizzard_sl said:
To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries.

Only the gear from monsters, including Rift Guardians, is affected by Difficulty level.
Pretty sure whoever posted that got it wrong. I received Shadow's Coil set legs from a T4 horadric cache last night, and really it doesn't make any sense at all that horadric cache contents would not be affected by the difficulty the bounties are done on. Why would anyone ever do a bounty above T1 if that was actually true?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
3 days now. Zero upgrades. Am I missing something here? Have I hit a cap or some shit on gear? Even the set pieces I have had drop have been junk.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You'll almost never have to make that choice. Maybe a well rolled Andy's where you have to choose between 20% elemental or 6% CC(or reroll the IAS?). No other slot forces you choose 2 out of 3: +elemental, CC, CD.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My monk gear still isn't great but it's at the point where I definitely need to look at specific slots AND then expect to enchant to get anything like an upgrade. Getting up to the high torments is gonna be a slog. I'm mostly working on leveling the other classes though, that way I have a better idea of what non-smartloot gear to save or not.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Thats ok Xald, Im at 29% meteor + 37% cold with EE and set bonus for 25% to the rest.

Are you using Arcane Dynamo for EB? 60% more damage is pretty crazy for it or those orbs.
Switched out Blades for Electrocute - Arc Lightning for all 4 elements.

I'll have to try Arcane Dynamo. I guess I'll try swapping out Blur to maximize DPS

Vorph

You'll almost never have to make that choice. Maybe a well rolled Andy's where you have to choose between 20% elemental or 6% CC(or reroll the IAS?). No other slot forces you choose 2 out of 3: +elemental, CC, CD.
Once you have all legendaries, that's true. Upgrading from a rare to a legendary can cause you to not know if it's really an upgrade, and dismissing the legendary because the rare has ele dmg and the legendary does not would be a mistake.

Take my rare amulet for instance: 583 dex, 11% fire (because fuck you Myriam, up to 1M gold rerolls and 11% is the best I ever got), 9.5% crit, 59% crit dmg. If I got a really good legendary that had more dex and crit dmg, but lacked fire dmg it would still be an upgrade as long as the char sheet damage change was greater than 7.33%.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I need to start farming malthael, i'm going to see if i can take him on T3 tonight.. might be a stretch but worth a shot.
The Holy Shotgun crusader build would benefit sooooooo much if i hadReapers Wraps - Game Guide - Diablo III

Actually, out of curiosity, you can roll elemental damage on a reapers wrap right? I really lack %holy damage and %heaven's fury damage still.. my FH only crits for 8m or so a beam... 10m if im with a group. so at most i'll ususally only hit for 24m a pop if i get all 3 beams to hit the mob.. this should be DOUBLE what i'm doing to truly be viable
frown.png

Weird ass profile isn't showing my shield lol, but the build is fun. I just lack some serious holy damage. I need a holy SoJ, new amulet, bracers and preferably the hallowed defender shield with %20 holy damage.. can't find the plan though
frown.png
Based - Community - Diablo III

Vorph

Good luck with that. Reaper's Fear droprate STILL has not been fixed. And yes, a perfect bracer is mainstat/eledmg/crit%/vit or allres. Also, even if Reaper's Fear wasn't broken, that chart above shows upcoming material droprates after the next patch. The current droprate only scales to ~25% at T6.

Diablo 3 Affix Planneris a nice tool for seeing what rolls on what slot (ignoring legendaries that break the rules with one of their guaranteed rolls).

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh he's still bugged? I assumed they fixed his shitty drop rate.. Ughh haha.. even then it seems T1 would be more optimal unless you can do T6 relatively easily.
Perhaps i'll wait on trying to farm them.