Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I netted something like 8 legendary 1 set in 2 hours of t2 rifts and 1 hour of t1, all completely terrible. By the time I had 7 at about 2 hours in one of the other people in group still only had 1.
Shit like this is why i stick to chest runs - seeing people get 3-4 an hour and still waiting on my first. I'm aware its just stupid RNG but it changes nothing.

Dis

Confirmed Male
The sad part is I really enjoy doing Rifts and Bounties. Rifts probably moreso. But going through say 7 levels of a Rift on T3 and not even netting one leg to me is just defeating in the sense of accomplishment. Who gives a shit that I killed a Rift Guardian, no leg and not even a forgotten. I just think to myself, what a waste of time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Smoldering? You mean forgotten soul?

Someone wondered if looting a soul off the rift boss resets the legendary timer. I'm inclined to agree from my experience. Once I get the rares I need from blood shards, I don't see much of a point to rifts unless they fix the variability of the drop rate.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's a timer running in the background that checks how long you've gone without a legendary drop and slowly increases your chance, obviously resetting it when you get a drop. The mechanics of this aren't that well known but the devs have said ~2 hours should be a guaranteed legendary.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did I miss that they are currently running a 50% exp increase or is this only on Euro servers?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a timer running in the background that checks how long you've gone without a legendary drop and slowly increases your chance, obviously resetting it when you get a drop. The mechanics of this aren't that well known but the devs have said ~2 hours should be a guaranteed legendary.
That seems like BS because a Crusader friend of mine went a few days without one. But he could have been playing for less than 2 hours at a time.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
That seems like BS because a Crusader friend of mine went a few days without one. But he could have been playing for less than 2 hours at a time.
It is also reportedly combat time, if that helps it make more sense. Overall, I can pretty much count on a Legendary every 90 minutes. Getting a Forgotten Soul seems to reset the timer for me. There has only been one instance where I have gotten a Legendary more than +/-10 minutes from the 90 minute mark. Though, this is for solo play. I probably get Legendary items twice as fast in a group of 3+.

Dis

Confirmed Male
See this makes no sense to me, how come, let's just call them exploits (fuck it), bear more fruit than say actual runs. This boggles my mind. I mean on a T2 or higher rift, chests, uniques, rare packs etc are plentiful. And the higher the torment, it is usually a clusterfuck of rare packs and uniques. I should be netting the same yield for legs running that, as I do when I used to run CoA chest runs. I mean, am I off my kilter here? Am I not thinking of something.

Edit: yep bonus exp weekend.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That D3 Wiz link to Reddit was pretty accurate, nice link ! The reason you stack IAS as a wizard is so you dont have to stop to fill your AP to full in one cast with prodigy and high IAS.

It would be cool if they added a "legendary experience bar" that will track the maximum amount of time/kills needed until you acquire a legendary. It would go above the paragon exp bar, be filled in with that beautiful legendary orange, and reset every time a legendary drops. This will act as an additional carrot on a stick and an additional legendary notification system (similar explosion to when you level).

Idk...getting blinds cut at Home Depot and not much else to do.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did 15 rifts; 13 T2, 2 T3. 10 legendaries for myself. All in a span of ~4 hours. Pretty decent compared to rifts before and even doing bounties.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Time to level my Monk 60-70 and see if I like that playstyle any better! QQ no more bells dropping bombs!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I netted something like 8 legendary 1 set in 2 hours of t2 rifts and 1 hour of t1, all completely terrible. By the time I had 7 at about 2 hours in one of the other people in group still only had 1.
Yeah I ran eight T1 rifts and got 3 (one from gambling). Definitely starting to get burnt out. Drop rates aren't high enough to justify everything being BoA.