Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Like others have mentioned, they need to just let you equip an offhand with every class, even if you're using a 2Her. The bonus to dual-wield should be extra procs/effects/gem.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As for DH weapons, all of them may be viable, but 2H xbow is still clearly superior. That's even without taking special cases like my setup (Buriza+Emimei) into account. Archery greatly favors xbow, and I don't see how an offhand xbow can ever compete with a good quiver that has rolls in the vicinity of 20% IAS/10% crit/15% skill/+12 disc.
I think dual xbows is ok, you get 15%speed from dual wielding so that's not a big difference and you get 130%crit damage from the other gem so that compensates quite a bit, I think you can get disc on 1H xbows too right. Now it's not really that good of a tradeoff when you consider the 15% skill, assuming you do roll the right one(which is kinda crazy hard due to quivers, or offhands in general, having like 25affixes) but there is one xbow that would compensate for that, and that's Calamity. A Calimity in OH will still tag everything with marked for death. The issue comes when you check the other xbows and you find out that there's basically none with a good proc other than calamity, which sucks. Maybe the bounty one that summons sentries and shit, not sure how efficient it is, probably better in a spam heavy build like chakram than cluster. As for Archery, I think the dual xbow one is alright, 5%crit and 1hatred per second, probably close enough to 50%crit dmg.

Since Cluster builds lend themselves better to xbow and it's easier to find one good 2xbow and an alright quiver(even a rare) vs the 2 perfect xbows though, I would give an advantage to xbows too. Bows aren't so bad either. Think DH is fairly balanced on weapon choice and you'd use whatever you find. Sadly a lot of the DH weapons are also complete trash, it's unreal how many of them have no effects at all or terrible effects.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Would you use it if the item was actually a buttplug? Barbarians now gain additional power by inserting a very large buttplug into their butthole while using a 2h weapon.

I'm actually surprised barbarians can't "Titan's Grip" 2 2hers lol

Leon

<Silver Donator>
My kingdom for one Iron Wolf Doctrine drop... It almost isn't worth it but it is the one set of armor I have not made and I found the pattern last week.
very easy to farm. In story mode select act II, waterlogged passage part (in oasis). The snake on the bride to the sewer part is what drops this. You can get the cgeckpoint right after him, TP to town, recreate the game and get out to the bride and farm him, he's right there.

Silence_sl

shitlord
very easy to farm. In story mode select act II, waterlogged passage part (in oasis). The snake on the bride to the sewer part is what drops this. You can get the cgeckpoint right after him, TP to town, recreate the game and get out to the bride and farm him, he's right there.
Yeah, Ssrathas or whatever. Purple named on the bridge. Easiest set to make if you have the plans. I got 3 doctrines in about an hour.

Location in yellow:

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really hope that Blizzard intends to use "exploits" like this for farming these mats, or the requirements are absolutely insane.

I'm still hoping either gem requirements for legendary items are removed, or they change gem combine costs to be 1/10th of the cost.
edit: Obvious the "Imperial Gem" ones are fine. The Flawless Royal gems make me immediately ignore anything about the item. If it's going to require a Flawless Royal, it better have multiple dedicated stats, and a crazy Effect on it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
As for DH weapons, all of them may be viable, but 2H xbow is still clearly superior. That's even without taking special cases like my setup (Buriza+Emimei) into account. Archery greatly favors xbow, and I don't see how an offhand xbow can ever compete with a good quiver that has rolls in the vicinity of 20% IAS/10% crit/15% skill/+12 disc.
Yeah, I agree 2h xbows are absolutely superior with lfb build. I don't know if that'll be the case with every build though. But the gap certainly seems a lot smaller than it ever was. Some people swear by their danettas, there is that one that drops devices, that with calamity, holy crap that is pretty much equivalent to 2 free skills so you are essentially using 8 skills, and natalya's set are all good.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope that Blizzard intends to use "exploits" like this for farming these mats, or the requirements are absolutely insane.

I'm still hoping either gem requirements for legendary items are removed, or they change gem combine costs to be 1/10th of the cost.
edit: Obvious the "Imperial Gem" ones are fine. The Flawless Royal gems make me immediately ignore anything about the item. If it's going to require a Flawless Royal, it better have multiple dedicated stats, and a crazy Effect on it.
10m to craft a probably insanely shitty item is just no chance I'm ever going to do it

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Another good farm run is the mini skeleton king. It's a cursed chest event where you have to kill a mini version of the skeleton king before the timer runs out. You go in adventure mode and choose the old ruins. The chest doesn't always spawn but there is usually a pack or two elite mobs. I suggest doing this on torment 1 or higher difficulty for better drops like sets. Make sure you clear the area of the elite packs cause he teleports (including other abilities) just like the boss version so you may get adds.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For those of you who have done countless bounties, do you skip elite packs and just go straight for the objectives? I've been noticing that killing elites cuts into the speed at which you can do them, especially if you get some rough affix combos, and 90%+ of my legendaries have dropped from chests/breakables, so I'm not really sure they are worth killing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Completely anecdotal at this point, but my group has noticed a LOT more set items (including blackthornes) in T4 as opposed to T2. Like we're seeing one every 5ish or so rifts I feel between three people. Like I said no hard numbers to crunch, but greenz going up for us at the moment for some reason.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For those of you who have done countless bounties, do you skip elite packs and just go straight for the objectives? I've been noticing that killing elites cuts into the speed at which you can do them, especially if you get some rough affix combos, and 90%+ of my legendaries have dropped from chests/breakables, so I'm not really sure they are worth killing.
I always kill elites cause there's always the chance of a leggy dropping. On T1-2 it usually takes me around around 30 secs as a fire monk to kill an elite pack depending on the affixes. Crazy combos that lays everything on the ground takes a little longer since I'm melee. Others I rip thru them.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Depends. Big open areas, I only kill stuff on the way to the objective. Fast areas get cleared.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was trying that skeleton chest on T1, wasn't sure how quick i'd be able to burn him.. but i usually ended up killing him before the timer hit 60-70%, i'll have to try some T2 or T3 runs of him tomorrow

I only got one shitty hell bovine polearm in the ~20 runs i did

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So leveling up my monk, and lashing tail kick throwing up huge numbers... like I'm pretty sure I saw a 125 million point crit? How is that possible? Monk so OP?!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So leveling up my monk, and lashing tail kick throwing up huge numbers... like I'm pretty sure I saw a 125 million point crit? How is that possible? Monk so OP?!
That's normal and expect to see higher numbers cause LTK hits like a truck.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Getting there with my HC Crusader 2.0Senaiel - Community - Diablo III. I got a new BoP, but it rolled vit and no socket which made me a bit sad. Need to make myself the aughild helmet to finish set (2 shitty rolls thus far), and a bracer that has holy dmg, crit and str. However, I can handle T2 just fine. Packs I can melt in less then 45 seconds max. hoggfight102#1915 for any HCers looking for a friend.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd guess you have a Sever on. Fake dmg numbers. I have 70%+ fire dmg and and 780k dps and my LTK at best crits for 25million ish.