Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How the hell do you guys do that many bounties? they get so boring lol
I think it's just the fact that you know you'll eventually drop the legendary you do need, unlike farming anything else where you know you'll drop random stuff but you have no idea if you're ever going to get the legendary you need, or at least in a reasonable timeframe. You could be farming for hours every day for 6months and still not get a particular legendary, while the bounty legendary have a 5-10% chance to drop per cache and there's only 4-5 per act, so the chance to get what you want is like way greater.

On the other hand, I wouldn't bother farming the ring until you actually have 2-3 pieces of the set you want. The ring is otherwise pretty much shit. The shrine gloves on the other hand(act 2 bounty, gloves of worship) seem to be BiS for every build, including fire builds and ice builds, simply because the shrines are so strong, even at 10mins duration. If you're moving fast enough you'll constantly refresh them(well some of them) and the movement speed or the cdr/ressource ones are so big it's definitely worth it, the attackspeed one is alright too, the MF/GF and xp ones being kinda poop. I guess it depends on rolls still but the effect is a constant and a strong one, especially if you don't mind resetting your game every rift and checking for a minute for the few common shrine spots on the map whenever you remake.

Also Ao-, I'd drop Zombie Handler. 20% health is pointless, your pets have a fuckton of life to begin with and rarely die anyway other than some weird elites and even if they do you can just resummon them fine. 1more dog is also pretty fucking worthless, dogs kinda do shit damage anyway. That said if it's not HC, I wouldn't run the autorez anyway. I'd drop the Gargantuan, replace with Locust and get Creeping Death. In general I've found the gargantuan to be lackluster, probably because I played DH a lot but the wolf is so much better it feels like a waste slot to have a garg. Maybe once you have the pet legendaries but you don't have them so meh. The dogs are enough for tanking(in fact they're a ton better since there's 3 or more of them) and the damage on garg isn't really worth the slot vs piranhas or locust.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem with the ring is that it takes set pieces for it to be useful. I much would have prefered a good Ring of Jordan to drop, as that takes a character up another notch in power. I have the ring and it sits in my bank. I will not even reforge it because I could get a better version of it long before I get the set pieces.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just noticed a strange bug. The other day I looted an Azurewrath and put it on my enchantress, but just noticed today that there is still a 1.5 hour timer for it to be traded to the other people in game with me when it dropped. Every time I start a new game the timer resets to whatever time it had left when I put it on her in the first place. Doesn't seem like it'd be exploitable though, I guess if your friend isn't sure whether something works for their build or not you could "bank" it for them in case they want it later?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just noticed a strange bug. The other day I looted an Azurewrath and put it on my enchantress, but just noticed today that there is still a 1.5 hour timer for it to be traded to the other people in game with me when it dropped. Every time I start a new game the timer resets to whatever time it had left when I put it on her in the first place. Doesn't seem like it'd be exploitable though, I guess if your friend isn't sure whether something works for their build or not you could "bank" it for them in case they want it later?
The incredible bug would be if it made it openly tradeable.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So damn excited... trying the full on pet build tonight for my WD!!! love trying to builds and to see what works, and what doesn't!! F work... keeping me here like a damn slave!! need to play!!!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
T1 is so easy solo but rift guardians take too long to kill on T2, so good thing T1 seems to be the optimal way to play.

Also people get really butthurt when you get a Ring of Royal Grandeur or whatever before them. It definitely seems to be the most enviable piece of loot (moreso than Thunderfury).
I think it'll depend on the class, but meh, I haven't gotten a single set piece outside of blackthorns since ros so I'm in no hurry to get a ring. I don't see the love for the gloves, I got some that were a crappy roll, but even if they weren't the only time they could compete with magefists in a fire build is with the resource regen/cdr shrine. So me, I'm looking for a Pride's Fall, much more bis for a dh as its a lot easier to not take damage when you're shooting things from afar and have smokescreen.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think it's just the fact that you know you'll eventually drop the legendary you do need, unlike farming anything else where you know you'll drop random stuff but you have no idea if you're ever going to get the legendary you need, or at least in a reasonable timeframe. You could be farming for hours every day for 6months and still not get a particular legendary, while the bounty legendary have a 5-10% chance to drop per cache and there's only 4-5 per act, so the chance to get what you want is like way greater.

On the other hand, I wouldn't bother farming the ring until you actually have 2-3 pieces of the set you want. The ring is otherwise pretty much shit. The shrine gloves on the other hand(act 2 bounty, gloves of worship) seem to be BiS for every build, including fire builds and ice builds, simply because the shrines are so strong, even at 10mins duration. If you're moving fast enough you'll constantly refresh them(well some of them) and the movement speed or the cdr/ressource ones are so big it's definitely worth it, the attackspeed one is alright too, the MF/GF and xp ones being kinda poop. I guess it depends on rolls still but the effect is a constant and a strong one, especially if you don't mind resetting your game every rift and checking for a minute for the few common shrine spots on the map whenever you remake.

Also Ao-, I'd drop Zombie Handler. 20% health is pointless, your pets have a fuckton of life to begin with and rarely die anyway other than some weird elites and even if they do you can just resummon them fine. 1more dog is also pretty fucking worthless, dogs kinda do shit damage anyway. That said if it's not HC, I wouldn't run the autorez anyway. I'd drop the Gargantuan, replace with Locust and get Creeping Death. In general I've found the gargantuan to be lackluster, probably because I played DH a lot but the wolf is so much better it feels like a waste slot to have a garg. Maybe once you have the pet legendaries but you don't have them so meh. The dogs are enough for tanking(in fact they're a ton better since there's 3 or more of them) and the damage on garg isn't really worth the slot vs piranhas or locust.
Yeah.. i've been doing A2 primarily but i've always been doing it on T1-T3 because those gloves would help an immense amount. No question about them being BiS. I've just had no luck since i clear shit pretty slowly being a Crusader with Heavenly Strength and what not. I'm thinking, if levels don't actually matter in terms of % on a legendary appearing from the bounty.. then i'm going to just have to switch to normal, and change my build to maximize how fast i can clear A2 over and over on Normal.

That sucks.. but worth it in the end i'd imagine.

Crone

So you would drop Zombie Handler, and go with Piranhas? Haven't you found Locust to be pretty bad damage? Again, I apparently just don't have the gear, but Locust and Vampire bats both I have felt have just been bad. Although with Pierce the Veil, I can see Vampire bats getting much much better due to the no upkeep mana cost.

This is probably a derp derp obvious for a lot of people, but the passives really make a difference for skills. I got back into D3 a few months ago, and all the best builds were already discovered, and I just copied the latest Cloud of Bats build. Now that you have more freedom, there is a small learning curve to figuring out how everything works together. It's really fun.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a dumbass apparently. I found two unity rings on my dh and while cleaning out my inventory over the week, figured I didn't need both of them so I salvaged the lesser of the two and now I find out it works for followers. So for example, if I was playing my monk and I had a follower with a legendary token that doesn't allow them to die and we both were wearing unity I would have a permanent -50% damage. I'll probably never find another unity again so let this be a lesson to everyone.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If that actually works with you + follower... thats a total bummer man.. that would be some crazy mitigation haha

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I'm a dumbass apparently. I found two unity rings on my dh and while cleaning out my inventory over the week, figured I didn't need both of them so I salvaged the lesser of the two and now I find out it works for followers. So for example, if I was playing my monk and I had a follower with a legendary token that doesn't allow them to die and we both were wearing unity I would have a permanent -50% damage. I'll probably never find another unity again so let this be a lesson to everyone.
I got you beat, got the set bonus ring like two or three days after launch and accidentally salvaged it when searching for shit to get rid of for souls early on. Now I gotta run act1 shit all day and hope it drops since it's ridiculously useful.

Crone

It rustles my jimmies that after all this time they haven't figured out a way to compare 1 h + offhand versus 2 handed weapons. Sucks.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
It rustles my jimmies that after all this time they haven't figured out a way to compare 1 h + offhand versus 2 handed weapons. Sucks.
They basically made 2H weapons scale for Crusaders, and decided everyone else can Fuck Off.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
They basically made 2H weapons scale for Crusaders, and decided everyone else can Fuck Off.
Its not just crusaders, with the way 2h scale all bow types are viable for dh now. I think someone else here already suggested it and they need to allow other classes that can't use 2h/offhand together have some kind of trinket or something they can put in their offhand, because yeah outside of those two classes two handers are fukt.

Crone

Well that sucks too, but I'm saying just the item comparison to see which one is better. The 2 hander always "looks" better, because it doesn't take the off hand into account.

Vorph

I don't follow you. Equipping the 1H+offhand and then looking at the stats on the 2H works fine for me. I have a 2700 dps legendary staff with over 1k int and a socket, and the item tooltip shows a few % dps loss compared to my shitty rare 1950-ish dps knife and mojo, which is exactly what happens on paper doll damage when I equip it. It's also a pretty sad statement about 2H in general.

As for DH weapons, all of them may be viable, but 2H xbow is still clearly superior. That's even without taking special cases like my setup (Buriza+Emimei) into account. Archery greatly favors xbow, and I don't see how an offhand xbow can ever compete with a good quiver that has rolls in the vicinity of 20% IAS/10% crit/15% skill/+12 disc.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The problem with 2handers is both the loss of 130% crit damage AND the fact you get one proc instead of two game-changing procs. For a monk, no 2handers can beat a Shard of Hate and Thunderfury. None. It's fucked up. They need a 2hander with a proc effect that can compare to these two. Stalgard's is pretty good, but still not even close.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So you would drop Zombie Handler, and go with Piranhas? Haven't you found Locust to be pretty bad damage? Again, I apparently just don't have the gear, but Locust and Vampire bats both I have felt have just been bad. Although with Pierce the Veil, I can see Vampire bats getting much much better due to the no upkeep mana cost.

This is probably a derp derp obvious for a lot of people, but the passives really make a difference for skills. I got back into D3 a few months ago, and all the best builds were already discovered, and I just copied the latest Cloud of Bats build. Now that you have more freedom, there is a small learning curve to figuring out how everything works together. It's really fun.
I would drop garg and go piranhas or locust, then drop zombie handler for creeping death for either. I like locust, it's not high damage by any means but it meshes well with the build because it's a spell you cast once then you can channel bats and it'll keep ticking for its damage. Searing locusts does 185%weapon damage per second and with creeping death it ticks forever so you only cast it for new packs. You could run something else though. I find garg even with the cooldown rune very underwhelming, it's single target damage and not very high damage either and the tanking aspect isn't particularily needed at least in T1 with appropriate gear.

The issue though is you can't copy the fetish army build without the weapon he uses, starmetal kukri. If you don't have it, you don't get the perma fetish army(well resummon non stop) as well as perma slamdance, so the build crumbles. So you probably would use something different anyway. What I was using had Grave Injustice and Creeping Death and replaced the fetish army with piranhas, you still get the sycophants+bats fetishes, the dogs but then you also have piranhas and locusts to increase damage over time while chanelling bats so it's less reliant on the pets. Without the pet legendaries, the pet builds are fairly weak, you really want Tasker and Theo or Mask of Jeram or Starmetal Kukri or whichever legendary that was that makes fetishes lasts forever(might be 4-6pc zunimassa though so disregard if that's the case I don't remember) to really make your build around pets. Optimally, you want all of these.

Crone

I don't follow you. Equipping the 1H+offhand and then looking at the stats on the 2H works fine for me. I have a 2700 dps legendary staff with over 1k int and a socket, and the item tooltip shows a few % dps loss compared to my shitty rare 1950-ish dps knife and mojo, which is exactly what happens on paper doll damage when I equip it. It's also a pretty sad statement about 2H in general.

As for DH weapons, all of them may be viable, but 2H xbow is still clearly superior. That's even without taking special cases like my setup (Buriza+Emimei) into account. Archery greatly favors xbow, and I don't see how an offhand xbow can ever compete with a good quiver that has rolls in the vicinity of 20% IAS/10% crit/15% skill/+12 disc.
For me, and maybe I just am doing it wrong... but I was wearing a 2 hander, as I've found plenty of those compared to 1h + offhand, hover over 1h, and it's a -30% dps loss. Actually equip 1h + offhand, and in my case, my dps went from 480k to 550k. ya, of course the 1h is a 30% dps loss if I never equip an offhand, but who is going to do that? It's just stupid.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
My kingdom for one Iron Wolf Doctrine drop... It almost isn't worth it but it is the one set of armor I have not made and I found the pattern last week.