Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm a little confused on this note:
The "Kill Malthael" quest is now required to be completed before Malthael will drop loot
Does this mean your first malthael kill will drop nothing, and you have to re-clear to him and kill him again to get your legendary? Don't understand why?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The hugest nerf to Wizards is the prodigy nerf which we knew was coming. Ill play with the butcher when I have time this weekend but this is going to tank every Wizards eDPS by A LOT for sure. Being able to stack IAS + Prodigy which would fill AP in one cast was way too strong, no other class fills their spender instantly.

The FO nerf is really not that big, its the ^^^ which allowed you to FO endlessly which was.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh nice stuff for my Barbarian. Looks like the nerfed Frozen Orb for Wiz, but I was pushing for a Fire build anyway so I guess I missed out completely.
Well from what they're saying they were just bug fixing shit and didn't directly nerf the skill. Ends up as a nerf anyway but that doesn't look too bad to me, and yeah FO wasn't the only viable wizard build to begin with.

Does this mean your first malthael kill will drop nothing, and you have to re-clear to him and kill him again to get your legendary? Don't understand why?
This means you can't loot quickly then log off and when you relog you're right at the entrance of the boss room ready to kill him again. Instead you have to wait to get the loot, forcing you to reset the quest to kill him again, meaning you need to go through pandemonium 2 every kill.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Low vit roll, would not bang!
smile.png

Pretty fucking good craft there man!

Juvarisx

Florida
Moonlight ward no longer drops, but it is by no means necessary to play arcane. I melt shit in T3 with a torrent build also using a bit of cooldown reduction and archon, and i totally missed the Moonlight wagon.
Was thinking more for the Arcane orbit / Spectral Blades build that looks far more interesting. Probably look into doing some sort of Archon build with CDR at this point

Juvarisx

Florida

IIt measn you cant loot and leave before the death animation to endlessly farm him via the checkpoint.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Was thinking more for the Arcane orbit / Spectral Blades build that looks far more interesting. Probably look into doing some sort of Archon build with CDR at this point
Yeah you can probably still run it, but i hear ya it won't be as fun/efficient for sure.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Hmmm, I will have to play around with FO to see how bad it is. Electrocute nerf does not affect me since my go-to is Arc Lightning w/o Dynamo. If I have to I can switch to Lightening Orb (mechanic of it feels off to me though), and switch from energy armor/pinpoint to ice armor/chilling. I need slow on mobs more so than the extra 5% crit, besides i am like at 55% crit with it, i will be at 50% without it. Not a huge deal.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The hugest nerf to Wizards is the prodigy nerf which we knew was coming. Ill play with the butcher when I have time this weekend but this is going to tank every Wizards eDPS by A LOT for sure. Being able to stack IAS + Prodigy which would fill AP in one cast was way too strong, no other class fills their spender instantly.

The FO nerf is really not that big, its the ^^^ which allowed you to FO endlessly which was.
Uh yeah, when I read your post, then the FO note I was thinking who cares?

Then I kept on going down and saw the Prodigy + Electrocute note and knew that was where the real nerf was.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disp dont know if youve seen that dude Moses who streams but he had an almost perma stun lock build as a pure lightning wizard, he dropped his 4pc Tals for it which is the same thing my buddy did for his arcane build. OFC this might all be different with the prodigy nerf now that we cant always be dumping spenders primarily.

@Juv I know spectral blades gets A Dynamo up asap, you might want to play with arcane blades + dynamo and the arcane EB.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I want to play with the new changes but no patch yet for yurop, I'm thinking of a lord commander phalanx physical build on my crusader using a 1H, the one that gives 20%phys, I'm pretty sure I have one that's str based, would compensate for lower damage range by a decent bit and 15% more movespeed+faster attack speed for smoother wrath generation. Also thinking about just doing a basic build with punish and shield bash pound for single target, shit's insane now, with a very basic 50%block(15%passive, 15%punish, 20%shield) it does 950%weapon damage single target, same as FoH prepatch but for 10wrath less(granted it's also not aoe) and then using condemn eternal retaliation and heaven's fury to clear trash which works fine anyway, so the builder/spender would be for elites. Definitely want the crafted shield recipe though for this build, dropping shield bash to 15wrath would be fucking AMAZING.

Lord Commander build might be more interesting though, bombardment and phalanx are both physical and actually doing the math the cooldown reduction on bombardment is more or less the same as it was prepatch(assumed since it was multiplicative 35% would be less than 20secs but turns out it's about the same at low and high cdr) and you get a fairly spammable steed too. With law of valor nephalem globes and a 1H I think I could achieve permanent 35%movespeed with steed every 6seconds if I get the shrine gloves and the buff on it. That'd be...pretty fucking fast for a crusader. Or even in general, it's not monk/dh/barb sprint with the mighty belt, but it's really good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's flawless imperial not flawless royal, but yes, you still need one for rerolling rings and amulets.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The biggest problem with frozen orb now is their auto-targeting bullshit. I want my piercing projectiles to be directed at the cursor, not the center mass of the enemy's toe the cursor is at. That makes sense for electrocute but not a huge orb that doesn't care what's in the way.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm also happy with the barb buffs. We'll see if in practice my weapon throw does much better damage but 35% is 35%.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks. Still trying to learn the new names it seems.
Only 3 types of gems though, marquise, imperial and royal. Royal and Imperial have flawless. To be honest, I think I like the ring/amulet reroll style better, they should have it for other rerolls too but with lower gems, say normal imperial or marquise. That makes the cost a static value vs an increasing value. Maybe the rings/amulets could drop down to normal imperial too.

I wish they added an autopickup for gems(and trading mats) with them using gem sinks and shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yes autopickup for gems and mats would be great. Tired of killing a rift boss and spending 16 hours clicking everywhere.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The biggest problem with frozen orb now is their auto-targeting bullshit. I want my piercing projectiles to be directed at the cursor, not the center mass of the enemy's toe the cursor is at. That makes sense for electrocute but not a huge orb that doesn't care what's in the way.
Offhands tonight? I want to farm mats for a bunch, thats a lot of free dps with build tweaking if we can swap in Teleport w/ Calamity even at 3x its going to be stupid dps.