Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wow, go fuck yourself with that thing.

Also I'm pretty sure it's 1 second, or capped at your attack speed, or something.

I've seen a better one recently. Rustled me given the demon hunter choices available (and I have my pick of the litter atm).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
BTW I'm trying out a new barb variant of the standard HOTA build I'm really liking. It'll be better when I get more IK for more +Fury.

Basically the idea is to stack Fury to interact with HOTA and Reaper's Wraps. I dumped all my primary paragon levels from MS to Fury. So that nets me around 50 Fury. I took Animosity to get 20 more Fury. I wear my IK belt for another 10 fury (and with another IK item that'll be 10 more + 2 fury generation from 3pc w/ ring.) So my max fury is sitting around 180 at the moment. My reapers wraps give me 26% of my Fury pool per HP globe. Or about 46 fury per globe. 10% more for Animosity so lets just say 50 per globe. HOTA costs 20 fury and is reduced by 38% from Cindercoat and paragon levels. So about 12 fury per HOTA. So it averages out that each HP globe I pick up will grant me about 4 HOTAs. Combined with the high fury that also means my HOTA will critting at a rate of ~40%+36%.

It is pretty fun. Kind of slow without MS though but i use Sprint w/ Marathon to make up for that.
How do you deal with the small AE on hota? Seems like bloodshed is almost required.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How do you deal with the small AE on hota? Seems like bloodshed is almost required.
I run between Bloodshed and Ploughshares and, honestly, it feels like the HOTA AOE is fine for me. The HOTAs are so cheap that if I need to kill a stray mobile it isn't a massive deal. Monarch's scepter is also fairly clutch is providing AOE to kill a bunch of trash.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty casual at this and quite frankly, not very good. Thought I'd give a T1 rift a try looking to get some nice upgrades for my shitty crusader. Was my first ever attempt at anything T1. Ended up getting 3 legendary drops and 1 set piece in the one I did. 1 of the legendaries was a recipe for a staff and the other 2 of them look like they'd be great on a WD with their int and cold/poison damage bonus'
frown.png
The set piece was a ring that might be nice if I can reroll the int into something useful. I think it said a skeleton would pop out occasionally when I did damage. Then I got some shit shield trading in my blood shards.

I'd love some constructive advice on what I should do to increase my success in T1. I was doing "OK" for the most part but when there was a named yellow and an elite pack, I got steamrolled like a bitch. Thinking about switching out akarats and putting shield glare in for a stun to help out a bit. Any other changes worth considering for people starting T1?? Appreciate any thoughts.

Ghenghis - Community - Diablo III
With that weapon you really should be using Sweep Attack rather than Blessed Hammer. Maybe use the fire damage rune and aim for upgrades with +fire damage, since you're already doing fire damage with Slash.
Swap Holy Cause for Wrathful since you only have one ability doing Holy damage and no Holy on weapon. This combined with the above will net much better healing.
Don't drop Akarat. If anything, drop Condemn for Phalanx - Bowmen or find a way to work in Judgment - Resolved to synergize with your Law of Valor active for burning elite packs fast.

Look for rares with 3 good primary rolls and 1 bad primary and reroll the bad (crit, crit dmg, +fire)
I'd reroll a slot on that 2H to a socket but... you might replace it quickly if you encounter one with better guaranteed primaries (elemental or crit damage)
Aim for more +resist, around 800-1000 resist all.

Here's my profile (T1 is faceroll);

Dalcima

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You need to watch more streams then, Barbs with TF/SoH can clear T6 without much problem as fast as many can clear T3s. Most other classes cannot.. best I see is GiG doing T4 on wizard relatively easily and some WD do T5.

All I need is a shard and possibly hexing pants and its T6 all day until SoH gets nerfed.
I find that hard to believe as Malakriss and I run with the #2 barb dps in the world who is from our guild and has everything and does not clear T6 like I can clear a T3 in less than 6 minutes. Our WD friend is really the only one who mows down T6 fast and hes still doing T3 for farming.

Someone was talking about that Alkazir dude or whatever and when we watched his stream their definition of fast was very different than ours, he had to stop for whites and attack and took 30-45 minutes to do a rift. I'd love to check this other dude though and see his fast runs if you dont mind linking?

Dis

Confirmed Male
Yea, I don't see how T6 is feasible without exploiting some DPS flaw or Toughness flaw (as far as efficient clearing) which is fine IMO, but Blizzard should really step up the reward scale for T6 otherwise it will be done only as a challenge, but nothing else. Right now my group who has a Crus and 2 Wizards can reliably clear (meaning speed and lack of deaths) T3 with little issues outside of pulling 4 or 5 unique/rare packs at once. We can clear T4 but it takes much longer, the difference between T3 to T4 on a rift to me is huge, I could only imagine what T5 and T6 is like with a group of 3 or 4.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Even if you could summon yourself the best possible items right now... I don't think T6 would be worth it.

I think it requires a strong arms monk with exploding palm flesh is weak / implosion cyclone strike. Then a group that focuses on spamming stun/freeze and focusing down 1 target to cause the palm chain reaction to clear. I think a sader with condemn wep can fit in here too.

Other than that... speed clearing whites on t6 = best xp. Speed clearing t3 = fastest forbidden souls/shards with avaiable gear/specs atm imo (solo can absolutely be fine for this and more optimal than grouping but you lose the ability to gear share).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I can see it maybe with the right group synergy setup. There's a lot of buffs / debuffs classes can bring that globally boost everyones dps. Every wizard can add +20% damage taken to mobs with elemental weakness or whatever, for example, and they can boost everyones crit rate with conflagrate stacks. Monks have auras that debuff all damage taken, etc. I bet 4 geared players with builds designed around synergy could make T6 worth it, assuming survival doesn't hold them back.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We've tried with our comp of Wiz, DH, Barb, WD and it sucked but I think you may be right. We used to run with a monk running inner sanct + overawe which allowed us to shred packs down and he also had the sledgefist thing.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Wd got amazing debuffs as well between Confusion runed properly and Piranhas. And obviously totem for huge dps boost.
Wiz DH WD Monk is prooobably an ideal setup. I bet it'd still be fairly inefficient however

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems the Crusader changes made people happy? Made me a bit jealous. Friend has the legendary to give him double bombardment, and we loaded up T2 for the first time, after T1 was just a cake walk (for him, I still die like a nub even with 4m toughness lol). Mob density was huge on a rift we did, and he was standing in the middle just doing this thing.

I was like wtf I want to do that, as I'm skirting the outside of the pack, just trying not to die!

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any wizards out there who have T2/3 rifts on farm mind linking their build? I'm still using a frozen orb build, have just over 1 million sheet dps, maybe 5-7 million toughness, and T2 rifts still take more effort than I'd imagine they should. I'm geared with +cold/frozen orb damage mainly. Are there better builds out there or am I just bad at this game?

Neph_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't say my build (see sig) is better than Frozen Orb, but melee with Explosive Blast and Arcane Orbit has been pretty fun for me. For T2, I swap out Frozen Storm for Energy Armor - Prismatic Armor. It gives me about 11m toughness while standing still -- enough to not explode when hit, but I can't stand in AOE effects. The dream drop would be getting a Wand of Woh (3x explosive blast per cast)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Here'smy wizardwith his build. I farm T2 easily, T3 is doable, but is slower and I die sometimes. My dps is lower than it should be (ingame 800k buffed) because I'm using a low level offhand source only for the set bonus, but 4pc talrasha set bonus is worth the paperdoll dps loss.

My build is your basic disintegrate build, rightclick your way to victory, but I use all 4 elements for both elemental exposure and the set procs. Without talrasha, I would drop ice armor for another armor that added more dps or survival, depending on what I'm doing. I also drop blur for glass cannon if I'm doing easymode stuff, which adds another 100k dps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any wizards out there who have T2/3 rifts on farm mind linking their build? I'm still using a frozen orb build, have just over 1 million sheet dps, maybe 5-7 million toughness, and T2 rifts still take more effort than I'd imagine they should. I'm geared with +cold/frozen orb damage mainly. Are there better builds out there or am I just bad at this game?
RobertW#1249, whatever he is running with is normally going to be the top DPS spec for a Wizard without TR 4pc. If you have any questions I can ping him but usually his profile / gear is pretty straight forward.

A friend running Demonbuddy had him parsing at almost the same eDPS on some fights as me with TR 4pc

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys think they'll ever add a way to compare gear between your characters? Easy way to see upgrades for other toons you have without actually logging out and back in?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This game hates me. In the past 3 days I've gotten 5 two handed swords and both a cloak and a onehanded crossbow...on my monk. Since the guys I play with have easily outstripped me gear wise I decide to gamble some shards and end up with over half of them being goddamn blue.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys think they'll ever add a way to compare gear between your characters? Easy way to see upgrades for other toons you have without actually logging out and back in?
Possibly, I would be glad to get the ah window back so we can see each toon's inventory. But its probably not even a blip on their radar atm.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This game hates me.In the past 3 days I've gotten 5 two handed swords and both a cloak and a onehanded crossbow...on my monk. Since the guys I play with have easily outstripped me gear wise I decide to gamble some shards and end up with over half of them being goddamn blue.
How about getting Thunderfury at lv68? FML.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Got this bad boy today. Wonder if its salvageable to make something quite good. I'm thinking reroll the resistall to crit.
rrr_img_64534.png