Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They did but the +22% arcane DMG is hard to ignore. Even with the ccoldown I having issue finding better amulet only barbarian.

Really want to try, viso belt, Andy helm, pox faulds/death pants, knife shoulders and moonlight ward for what should be endless amounts of aoe spam.
Can you reroll the arcane to another element?

viso belt?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wand of Woh would be wild, havent seen that or a starmetal kukri in our clan yet. Both of those pretty much dictate changing your build as a WD or Wiz no matter the roll.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wand of Woh would be wild, havent seen that or a starmetal kukri in our clan yet. Both of those pretty much dictate changing your build as a WD or Wiz no matter the roll.
Wand of Woh is fucking insane, this is the wiz I was rolling with the other day:DingusKhan - Community - Diablo III
Gear looks pretty mediocre, right? Fucking blackthorne's. We know sheet dps doesn't mean jack these days, but you look at that gear and you look at that dps number and you're probably thinking this guy is in t1/2. This guy was fucking melting t3 with 4 people in it, the rest of us were basically just trying to keep up while he soloed shit. It is fucking ridiculous that one legendary can account for so much dps, yet they nerf the demon hunter's sharpshooter passive because it is too strong with 6 pieces of the rarest fucking shit in the game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
DH with crap gear is no worse than any other class with crap gear. And with great gear they are easily among the top dps in the game, survivability is mostly based on your reflexes and toughness is practically meaningless except for the absolute worst affix combos, and they can cross a map faster than anyone else by a huge margin.
I guess you're right, i was being silly by comparing my shitty geared DH with virtually no legendaries to my crusader who has about 4x the toughness and 3x the DPS that my DH does lol
If they had similar gear i'm pretty sure my DH would out play my crusader by a large margin.

I think i'll play the DH for awhile, see if i can gear him up a bit and go from there. I'll just group with more people to carry my DH~ since in T1 i get dominated and have to kite for way too long on him lol

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
DH with crap gear is no worse than any other class with crap gear. And with great gear they are easily among the top dps in the game, survivability is mostly based on your reflexes and toughness is practically meaningless except for the absolute worst affix combos, and they can cross a map faster than anyone else by a huge margin.
I don't know about that, really any other class is stronger fresh at 70. I'll mention wizards specifically because I just hit 70 on mine, but my wizard felt stronger each lvl to 70 just putting on random rares, whereas when lvling a dh I always feel weaker each time I gain a lvl. Within minutes of hitting 70 my wizard was already at 800k dps w/ buffs and the real kicker is way more toughness than what a fresh dh would because the dh's toughness is inflated by dex/dodge while wizards/wds get soo much toughness through their int.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone run a Disintegrate build? I got a Sloraks last night and saw this video of a T6 run by a guy in nothing to special gear today. So of course I want to try, but I'm not sure of what other supportive gear I have in the bank

Torment 6 Rift / Disintegrate - YouTube

Actually I guess his gear is pretty good compared to mine

His:Blerg - Community - Diablo III
Hes showing a mish mash of random named he is killing by Teleporting for the stun and using the illusionist passive. His speed makes it seem like he should probably be in torment 4 and not 6 but some people do it just to do T6. Dima aka Malakriss is running an arcane / dis build and does really high dps. I would recommend with any build to work in a moonlight ward + cosmic strand if you have the drops, its too much free dps.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
IMO, DH's and Wizards are the stars of the early game. It doesn't take much for them to do T1-T3 very well and early on in the expansion we've seen them get powerful very quickly. I just don't think they have the inherent toughness in their class designs to handle T6 efficiently, though. It's why you're starting to see Barbs and Crusaders and Witch Doctors' streams doing T6, even though they are the more gear intensive classes, whereas I don't think you see any DH/Wiz streams doing T6 content at all.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
This isnt the 90's, its not cool to make fun of people being in love with other people man what is wrong with you.
Luxury, you know I have a secret loving for you when the wife is away. Xoxo

Btw, what character you end up giving that sword to that I gave you? Hope it's working well, was a pretty good roll

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hes showing a mish mash of random named he is killing by Teleporting for the stun and using the illusionist passive. His speed makes it seem like he should probably be in torment 4 and not 6 but some people do it just to do T6. Dima aka Malakriss is running an arcane / dis build and does really high dps. I would recommend with any build to work in a moonlight ward + cosmic strand if you have the drops, its too much free dps.
It's not crazy impressive but I wanted to try it. I dont have the Moonlight or cosmic. I'll save my shards to try for them.

I really would love a Wand of Woh, that looks so fun. But I'm not holding my breath.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cosmic is a recipe, if you are in clan the Wizards generally shout Magrethar or will announce we have him up. You can start working on the glowing ore's youll need to roll like 20 of them =p

I put the weapon the WD check him out, their pets are all about weapon and physical damage. I spent a lot of time going all fire on him and now I need to swap to physical % and fetish army %.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't know about that, really any other class is stronger fresh at 70. I'll mention wizards specifically because I just hit 70 on mine, but my wizard felt stronger each lvl to 70 just putting on random rares, whereas when lvling a dh I always feel weaker each time I gain a lvl. Within minutes of hitting 70 my wizard was already at 800k dps w/ buffs and the real kicker is way more toughness than what a fresh dh would because the dh's toughness is inflated by dex/dodge while wizards/wds get soo much toughness through their int.
My fresh level 70 wizard had around 265k DPS, even with sparkflint and force weapon. How in the shit did you have 800k? Hell, even most wizards that have been 70 for weeks don't have 800k sheet DPS. Either you're grossly exaggerating, or you're lucky as hell.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I leveled all six to 70 and DH and WD are the only two that I never had to drop below Torment 1. The DH also did Act V to level, which is a lot bigger challenge than just doing adventure mode. Wizard felt like a wet paper sack the entire time, with no way to get out of danger at all (teleport is a sad joke compared to being able to vault 15 times in a row if necessary).

IMO, DH's and Wizards are the stars of the early game. It doesn't take much for them to do T1-T3 very well and early on in the expansion we've seen them get powerful very quickly. I just don't think they have the inherent toughness in their class designs to handle T6 efficiently, though. It's why you're starting to see Barbs and Crusaders and Witch Doctors' streams doing T6, even though they are the more gear intensive classes, whereas I don't think you see any DH/Wiz streams doing T6 content at all.
Other than bragging that you're doing T6 there's absolutely no reason to bother with it. I used to solo T4 and T5 until I realized how utterly pointless it was. I still firmly believe that nothing can compete with the split T1 farming that I was talking about yesterday--and all you need to do that is the best dps gear you can find, because you don't need toughness in T1. I don't care how much gear someone has, they aren't killing as many elite packs and rift guardians on T6 as someone split-farming T1 is going to kill--even taking the 15% per level bonus into account. That doesn't help you with the shard side of the farming at all anyway.

Sure, they might fix that eventually, but I think it's also just as likely that they will tone down T5 and T6 like they did Inferno.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I looked back a couple pages, but couldn't find it. What are the 'cookie cutter' WD builds? I know there was a pet centric build that I couldn't find, but just wondering what else is out there.

My WD is about to hit 60 and I've been running Acid Rain - Lob Blob Bomb with dogs and gargantuan. Nothing special, and all the WD skills seem pretty viable. So I was just wondering what to look out for in terms of +damage gear once I get to that point. i.e. Is there a specific element to look out for? What about spirit (Haunt / Spirit Barrage) based builds? Is a Locust Swarm / DOT build viable?
Here is my build. It's very pet centric, but that's how I roll. The damage is piss poor but the survivability is amazing. Here are some comments:

Firebats with Vampire bats is your personal damage dealer. It has a relative short range but after having played about with other skills (such as darts, toads and acid rain to name a few) it's just what works best.
Wall of Zombies with Wrecking Crew is an amazing taunt and is good at gathering up and holding mobs in place while you Firebat them.
Zombie dogs with the life leech is great for survivability, but it's not necessary and you can switch the rune out for something else if you want.
Gargantuan with Bruiser is good, but as with ZD you can switch the rune without too much change in the play style.
Big Bad Voodoo with Slam Dance is your long cooldown Elite Monster spell. Very good if you play in groups too, though annoying with some mobs that like to run around and out of the area of effect. Similar buffs such as Soul Harvest could come here in stead.
Spirit walk with Healing Journey is your get out of Dodge card. I like HJ since it's like a mini health pot, but others prefer either the mana or the extra second.

Midnight Feast and Zombie Handler both give 1 extra dog each as well as other pet buffs. I'm not going to change that, but feel free to try others if you don't mind having fewer pets.
Fetish Sychophants are pretty fucking amazing, I would keep them if you can.
Pierce the Veil is what I go with now, though I have alternated between it and Grave Injustice. I ended up ditching GI since the only thing that I really noticed the cooldown reduction on was WoZ, and I didn't really need it, but they're both quite powerful passives. You could also use both and ditch one of the pet passives.

The pros are you can handle any mob with this and survive. If it's a terrible affix combo just stay out of the way and let the pets kill it. It takes time but is safe. I often go and kill mobs that are on the side for the LoH and LoK. Otherwise just stand still in the middle of the mob pack and spew forth Firebats.

The cons are that your damage sucks and if there are a lot of mobs then the damage isn't concentrated since as often as not each pet goes after a different mob. Firebat's initial mana cost is high so if you either have to move a lot or are interrupted then you can have to wait for mana to regen. I have tried other skills but they either also have similar mana problems or else do far less damage. But when you do land a group of mobs where you can just stay put you can keep that sucker going indefinitely.

Hope this helps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gonna put my tin foil hat on, but we also got a ton of legendaries to drop including set pieces on T5. The loot seems to be really improved in T5 compared to T1. The ease of doing higher torments where it actually warrants it came a lot from the synergy we ran combined with our gear and specs. We coordinated popping all of our abilities at 75% on any champions or bosses which usually melted even rift bosses in about 3-4 seconds on T5.

It is a slow progression upwards which takes A LOT more than just getting 1 or 2 legendaries. It takes a lot of time and gear specializing in a build or element combined with those special legendaries (and in our case a lot of debuffing / buffing) to make T5 farmable. Again farming = not stopping, clearing T6 = lol who gives a fuck.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i didn't run for 8 hours, but i did about 15 rifts earlier with mannercookie carrying some of us scrubs through t6 rifts for rares, got 2 legs first run nothing after that.