Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yep got 70 paragon levels and about 20 legs. Love me some diablo exploits.

I remember in d2 useast i had the negative dex crown that could give you endless skill points. Those were good times.
My point is you said you're really enjoying the grind. The grind of not playing?

penalty_sl

shitlord
Are you kidding? I couldn't use my PC for the last 36 hours because I had to afk farm. That's the kind of grind that'll give you withdrawals.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well my toon may not be moving but shes surely using a ton of abilities and keeping buffs up etc. Im just upset ive yet to see a TF but ive got like 3 extra bottomless potions.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He said, without even having max gems in his weapons.
Danetta's xbows are for speed farming T1, you don't need max gems for that. My real weapons have flawless royals.

Also, note the part that says "of any significance". My eDPS in that gear is somewhere around 3.5M and adding 10% more crit dmg would increase it by less than 50k. I'm talking about upgrades that would increase my eDPS to somewhere in the 6-7M range, depending on how well they roll. It's 4 very specific items though, two of which are torment-only and the last is an amulet (lol).

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I did the ACT5 thing for a night since I was working late and couldn't play. Got about 15 shitty legendaries and my 5th wailing host. 12 Paragon levels or so (298->310). I got an error 3007 with 4 legendaries on the ground on my screen when I got home. Super sad on that one. Fixed now too.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How do you guys determine DPS? I see people in chat all the time saying they have this much eDPS and this much elite dps and 1.6mil this and that. I have no idea how people are coming up with these numbers.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
edps is effective dps I think
how they get it, I have no idea... butcher runs maybe? His HP is static and so you can effectively measure it against it I think.

Or I could be way off.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm if its fixed i should never leave that game until it forces me out - I'll be damned i play this game for real!

Vorph

How do you guys determine DPS? I see people in chat all the time saying they have this much eDPS and this much elite dps and 1.6mil this and that. I have no idea how people are coming up with these numbers.
I took someone's half-assed spreadsheet and fixed it up to calculate DH edps including elite/fire/skill damage and skills/passives that have ~100% uptime. It's not exactly complicated math, you just need to be aware which things are additive and which are multiplicative.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I took someone's half-assed spreadsheet and fixed it up to calculate DH edps including elite/fire/skill damage and skills/passives that have ~100% uptime. It's not exactly complicated math, you just need to be aware which things are additive and which are multiplicative.
Ah I see, thanks. I guess I just don't care enough to go through all that lol.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Go to Core of Arreat. Run to Azmodan. Walk up to Azmodan. Note HP. Start Timer. Fight. End Timer. Loot. Division.

eDPS

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Is there any real advantage to using a clan instead of a community? Seems like half the posts here are about the problem with the member cap, and afaik communities have no or at least a much higher cap. Only issue with communities I am aware of is that you cannot autojoin the chat. I'm mostly playing with a small group of RL friends and we got around that by all being officers in the community (which has an autojoin channel).

Crone

Is there any real advantage to using a clan instead of a community? Seems like half the posts here are about the problem with the member cap, and afaik communities have no or at least a much higher cap. Only issue with communities I am aware of is that you cannot autojoin the chat. I'm mostly playing with a small group of RL friends and we got around that by all being officers in the community (which has an autojoin channel).
Ohh, that's a cool work around. Do officers have a separate channel from the members?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you autojoin people in your community's game?

Either way I'm sure it'll be a non-issue very soon if not already, lots of people are reaching the burnout stage.

Vorph

Go to Core of Arreat. Run to Azmodan. Walk up to Azmodan. Note HP. Start Timer. Fight. End Timer. Loot. Division.

eDPS
Well, it's not really about eDPS as much as it's about getting the relative weightings of each stat compared to your primary. For that, spreadsheet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> beating on loot pinata. Azmodan can still be useful though, for things like determining whether IAS has any real effect at all for your class/build. Spreadsheets lie about that, just like the character sheet dps does.