Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So since I'm kinda OCD about having all my dudes kitted out, how are DHs equipped these days? Mine hasn't been played in ages, so for all intensive porpoises he's naked.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So since I'm kinda OCD about having all my dudes kitted out, how are DHs equipped these days? Mine hasn't been played in ages, so for all intensive porpoises he's naked.
... Fuck you. Dolphin hater.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Unlikely, but people will crucify Blizzard if the always online thing was bullshit and I'll join in.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Will they have separate servers? I'm assuming yes.
They never said but I'm going to assume yes. There appears to be the option to play the game online and offline. So if they store the characters locally of course that opens up the door for hacks.

Kayak

Trakanon Raider
Not to mention they got a year of beta testing out of us.
I never thought about this until the ps4 announcement. It's sort of a slap in the face to pc gamers, but it's not the first time it's happened. Many of the posters (back on FoH) called it instantly. I wonder if anyone was thinking about next gen back then (compared to released systems)?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some decent crafts. Really wish the gloves had more crit chance.

rrr_img_14638.jpg

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Console porting was a thing or at least a rumor back in 2011 when they gimped down the UI i think? Not really new except it is official now. It does not bode well imo because the lowest common ground is the shitty console pad, if future development and a possible xpack are down for console I'm afraid acti-blizz wont bother with a seperate PC UI (like most cheap ports).

Charles_sl

shitlord
I remember playing the original Diablo on the original Playstation and it was a lot of fun. We mainly played it because we only had 1 computer in the house and as such we weren't able to play together on the PC version. Honestly I don't remember much difference between the PC and PS versions, I had fun playing both of them. Would a Diablo III that wasn't created with consoles in mind be a better game? Would it be more fun? That's hard to say I think.

Considering the history of the Diablo franchise I don't see it as an issue that the game is being released on the new Playstations. I hope that it won't hurt the game (well the expansion) by making it more "console friendly" in terms of gameplay, although the game is already extremely easy as it is. It's certainly possible that it will hurt the expansion but I'll wait and see before making that determination.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Honestly, I'm surprised that they never properly coded in gamepad support for D3 on the PC. They had it hacked in at Blizzard and they said it was awesome playing it that way. Controllers areway the fuck betterfor Action RPGs than Mouse Movement and this style of game has been using them forever. I'd have had a lot more fun in D3 if they had designed it with support for one.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Yeah agreed. I think that Diablo III with a controller would be a lot of fun. Although I play a Whirlwind Barbarian so it seems extremely logical for that class and spec, hold down a button to WW and swirl the analog around in a circle, sounds much better than making a bunch of circles with my mouse. I think if I were playing another class, maybe one where I had to aim more precisely, then an analog might be a bit harder to use than a mouse though. But still I think that a controller makes perfect sense to play Diablo III with.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
What about drop density? Every pack you kill with 5NV drops at least one yellow (usually 3-5) and a ton of blues/whites all on top of each other. Does it give priority to better items?

If that's the case, time for some couch D3.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't get how you can say ARPGs are better controlled with a gamepad. You must never play characters that use ranged attacks or enjoy poor aiming, or something.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Started playing Bastion, and while I really prefer the mouse for ranged and melee attacks, keyboard movement is pretty crappy -- I keep falling all over the place. There needs to be an left-hand analog option for these games. Something like a Nostromo, but with an analog thumbstick.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The real question is how do you use the auction house with a gamepad? Are you gonna write stuff on the touchpad and it recognizes text or will you need a keyboard?

Sean_sl

shitlord
The real question is how do you use the auction house with a gamepad? Are you gonna write stuff on the touchpad and it recognizes text or will you need a keyboard?
Have you never used a X360/PS3 before? Anytime there's a text entry like that a virtual keyboard pops up and you basically hunt & peck type with it. Alternatively there are chatpads that snap onto the controller that are basically mini keyboards.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played Space Marine 95% of the time with a controller, but anytime a sniping part came up I switched my right hand to the mouse to aim, worked out pretty well, although the game didn't like 2 different inputs at the same time you could tell.