Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

penalty_sl

shitlord
Guess its time to no life it for a week. I just made a crusader who needs full akkhan too. Time to go stock up on hot pockets and code red mt dew.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Monk sets are pretty crap
Huh?

rrr_img_66793.png

The 4 piece gives you:

17% dodge
101% weapon damage thorns (basically another Tgods proc)
4126 + a 1.3x mod life regeneration
+10% damage buff for you and party members
Extra skill slot since having a mantra slotted is no longer mandatory

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
They datamined the XP and Goblin buff so it might just be a surprise for the weekend? I know they can toggle it while we are online
I certainly hope it's legit.

Still going to go see Gozilla Friday night though. Love me some Godzilla.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Huh?

rrr_img_66793.png

The 4 piece gives you:

17% dodge
101% weapon damage thorns (basically another Tgods proc)
4126 + a 1.3x mod life regeneration
+10% damage buff for you and party members
Extra skill slot since having a mantra slotted is no longer mandatory
Dodge and thorns are meh. Life regen is ok, but not that useful at higher torments. +10% damage is good. The problem is that some of the mantra runes are very good. Transgression, time of need, and annihilation. Set buffs should never interact with specs such that the efficacy of one is reduced.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How is any of that arrogant. You really need to chill out when it comes to your hate for this game you play so much.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Monk sets are pretty crap, basically looking for lightning specific pieces (Thundergods etc) or fire pieces (technically BiS - but still subpar to pretty much everybody else).

Basically BiS looks like Aug shoulders and wrists, Gyana head (shoots fireball on LTK) Magefist, Cindercoat, RoRG, SOJ, Captains pants/boots and I believe Harringtons for belt, TF and fire % wep. No builder LTK build with CDR for Inner Fire / Inner Sanc.

Lightning is also really good with Odyn/SoH and the few lightning specific pieces but again, it doesn't compare to other classes as far as efficiency.
I have a fairly shit Magefist and SoJ already too I think, and a Cinder on my DH, so I guess I should actually focus on weapons it sounds like. And crafting Augh's.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bul'Kathos weapons are decent now. I'm using an my fire build with IK and the Bul'Kathos weapons. The main issue right now is the proc seems to have a pretty decent ICD. It isn't reliable to be up for every elite pack. When it does proc it melts pretty hard.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Inna's set is nice for passive 10% damage and, per my pre 2.0.5 testing, you didn't need an aura on the bar for the mantras to be up. Free skill slot. That + unity makes it decent little damage gain. The real problem is the only usable pieces are belt/legs/chest and even then you're missing out so much potential for the belt and chest that it's not worthwhile.

The Monkey King set needs to be 20% for all 2handers or 30+% for combat staves to be good at 2 pc. The 4 piece is dogshit.

Raiment of Storms is good 2 piece, alright 4 piece (except you'll probably lose 15% lightning somewhere anyways without RoRG), and dogshit 6 piece. They need to be not retarded and give Cyclone Strike all runes on the 6 piece.

The best sets for monks are Aughild's (3 piece) , 2-4 piece of Raiment, and then 2-3 piece of Black Thorne's. Some combo of RoRG with: Aug shoulder/bracer, BT pants/chest, Raiment Gloves/Boots are usually ideal. It all gets murky when you take into account Cindercoat/Magefist/TGods. You'll never use a helm that isn't GNK or Andy's. Ever.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any WD's out there running with a poison build or just all Fire? Pet or not? I gambled a poison Andy's helm, and have the 20% poison legs. Currently running Fire, with Magefist, Cinder, bracer/ammy both fire. The standard stuff, but wasn't sure if poison was still something that could be done.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We also want to let you all know that we will be improving some of the underwhelming Set items. The following Sets will be receiving buffs or redesigns to their full-Set bonuses in 2.1.0 and will be retroactive, so keep those pieces:

. Firebird's Finery
. Raiment of a Thousand Storms
. Monkey King's Garb
. Thorns of the Invoker
. The Shadow's Mantle
Blue post in monk forums.Monks Are Not , A Desperate Plea - Forums - Diablo III

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also:

Heroes below level 70 will now receive less Blood Shards from Nephalem Rifts than level 70 characters.*
Level 70 heroes will now receive a greatly reduced amount of Blood Shards from Nephalem Rifts when playing in sub-level 70 games. *
Hotfix'd.