Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Got a +2 MB and serpent sparker and ghom just kinda melts - I wish i had WoW still but SS is ok for now, i can put my TF on my WD

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Grr...I had a 2150 sunkeeper, rolled off attack speed for a socket, for some reason it took the damage% as well as attack speed, now I'm stuck with a 1880 damage sunkeeper. wtf.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of Sun Keeper, and also Stone of Jordan: I got both recently and I'm wondering if there is any rule of thumb on giving up sheet DPS vrs Elite damage. As far as what's worth the trade off. The two items combine for +52% Elite damage, which seems huge but drops me down to I think high 500's sheet damage.

Dashal - Community - Diablo III

So my SoJ is Cold, with no Crit/CD on it. Reroll the Cold to Fire seems the obvious choice since I don't know of any good Cold Barb builds.
My Sun Keeper is 2050 dps, but I have other items with higher DPS (2200ish Bul Kathos, 2100ish Sky Splitter, 2200 Sever)

Would you take any of the other off hands vrs the SK? Reroll the Cold on the SOJ?

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Are monks the worst for toughness stat? because of needed second resist type on everything? ive noticed my toughness sucks ass, maybe im paragon spec'd wrong for defense or something.
One with Everything means that not only do you need perfect rolls on everything, but you also need the right +resist on the secondary stat. I gave up on my monk when I got a +100 cd neck but no chc and it had +lightning on the resist roll while I was +cold.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Speaking of Sun Keeper, and also Stone of Jordan: I got both recently and I'm wondering if there is any rule of thumb on giving up sheet DPS vrs Elite damage. As far as what's worth the trade off. The two items combine for +52% Elite damage, which seems huge but drops me down to I think high 500's sheet damage.
That's more a question of what difficulty you're playing in. Elite dmg isn't worth impairing your overall dps on anything below T4 imo. Whereas in T6 there are very very few conditions wherein elite dmg isn't favorable over just about anything else.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks. I'm pretty comfortable in T3 right now. It's not complete normal faceroll but it's consistently sub 15 minutes per rift and that's fine for me. So I'll reroll my SOJ to Fire, and try and get CC on my RoRG finally... after at least 20 rolls. And see how T4 goes.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
can the odyn son lightning proc, proc fulminator? it just says lightning dmg has a chance to proc it, thinking for my lightning monk, i have a good WKL 2200dps, decent odyn son 1900, and a 2300 fulimator, also a 1900 dps SoH.

yeah im noticing that now vhen, but i guess they are fixing it next patch so i figure get some gear on the bitch now so im ready for the changes.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've always had a pretty easy time in T3, saw a bunch of people using theirDarklight - Game Guide - Diablo IIIover gryfalcon's lately so i decided to try out mine that i've had banked for a long time.
This shit is way funner than that boring ass captain america build. when i pop akkarats w/ firestarter shit literally just melts in a few seconds it's great

if only i had 6 piece akkhans set and an soj things would melt even faster
frown.png

Is it ever worth taking a % damage on a weapon over a socket for the crit dmg increase , because got me Stalgards Decimator with attack speed str and it had life on hit , so removed the life on hit and got a 9% dmg as i was trying to roll a socket on it and its at 3k dps , my crit dmg increase is at 247% but can get it to 347% with the law active. So my question is , will i lose a lot of dps if i put a socket on it for the crit dmg? Asked in chat , and got one response to the effect that crit dmg will override the 9% dmg increase , anyone know if this is true and if so then a socket would be better i assume?

Here is my profile for my gear on crusader ,Jurnlak - Community - Diablo III

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty safe to assume that a socket on a weapon will out-perform any stat gain. It might be possible that the %damage (which is about equal to a red gem) would be feasible if you had little to no crit at all.

Yeah my crit is at 32% , also just got the fan of knives shoulder pads the 22% chance to release with 200% weapon dmg and the belt that has on dmg taken to release bolts of electricity for 100% weapon dmg. Good stuff , might try t2 and see how i fare t1 is almost a cake walk and killing the guardian takes less then a minute just about.Man im always dry on souls to reroll legendaries , tend to get items that i can use on other characters so need to reroll those to change the main stat. But having fun though so cant complain for the time being.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is it ever worth taking a % damage on a weapon over a socket for the crit dmg increase , because got me Stalgards Decimator with attack speed str and it had life on hit , so removed the life on hit and got a 9% dmg as i was trying to roll a socket on it and its at 3k dps , my crit dmg increase is at 247% but can get it to 347% with the law active. So my question is , will i lose a lot of dps if i put a socket on it for the crit dmg? Asked in chat , and got one response to the effect that crit dmg will override the 9% dmg increase , anyone know if this is true and if so then a socket would be better i assume?

Here is my profile for my gear on crusader ,Jurnlak - Community - Diablo III
That weapon is all about attack speed, crit helps but whatever skills you can equip that increase attack speed is best. That said just about any flail with a skill augment will be better.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'd honestly re enchant your shield to +crit chance as well, screw 11% block. get your crit to 40% at least brah

I'd honestly re enchant your shield to +crit chance as well, screw 11% block. get your crit to 40% at least brah
Hehe been trying , spent about 8 souls so far trying to get it , really annoying. But im at 44% right now and did socket the weapon doing some nice dmg , really having fun. Did get the set boots from kadala but it has dmg to phalanx and health regen , str and move speed , bummer really.

That weapon is all about attack speed, crit helps but whatever skills you can equip that increase attack speed is best. That said just about any flail with a skill augment will be better.
Yeah , had the blessed shield flail , but it was lvl 66 version so the dmg was ass. Hopefully ill get it again , though i did get the 2 handed sweep attack one....again crap rolls like dmg vit and life on hit with no socket. Guess ill start gambling one handers for a chance at it again.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Dear RNG god,

i will suck your dick if you'll drop me a fire/str SOJ tonight. (still have never, ever seen one at all since D3 launch)

Amen.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Man playing a DH is so tedious idk if I'll make it to full mara set for the sentry build. I'm already sick of all the kiting and the clicking and the skill combos and the resource management. fuck.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just got the WD to 70 tonight.

Tomorrow I guess I will try to figure out what items on my crusader I can repurpose and then find an OP spec and run that for a while.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Just got the WD to 70 tonight.

Tomorrow I guess I will try to figure out what items on my crusader I can repurpose and then find an OP spec and run that for a while.
you go pets till you get jade set, then you go pets even after jade set because you don't do anything except run around and let them kill everything.

I have both sets, zunis with pets is my favored because its cake no need to pay attention at all, jade is fun though to see packs of elites literally pop from 90% - dead.