Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'm trying to determine what kept me playing WoW a lot longer than D3. Essentially, they're the same games: loot hunts. You kill the same shit over and over and hope the thing you want drops. Was it the better drop rates in terms of hours played? Was it the raid lockouts mitigating burnout? Was it the social factor? Was it PvP(for some, not me, I suck at PvP)?

Just writing this makes me want to play WoW again. And if it wasn't for the whole host of negatives with cat herding(sorry, I can't play an MMO without raiding), I just might.
Best analogy I can offer is comparing a comic book to the Game of Thrones books, both the positives and negatives of each.

I keep getting the MMO itch and a quarterly free week of WOW and dailies and LFR are enough to remind I'm not interested in it. A month of TESO also really killed my MMO desire, at least for a bit.

It'd be awesome to have a 3D casual D3 like MMO with a tad more depth.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always thought it would be cool to have a D3 style game with more group play elements than the faceroll spamfest that D3 is. Maybe more trinity mechanics or at least better defined rolls.

Finally was able to get Rimeheart+Frostburns on my monk. Shit is pretty funny combined with Exploding Palm. Just need to flesh out my resists a little more and life will be grand!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Best analogy I can offer is comparing a comic book to the Game of Thrones books, both the positives and negatives of each.

I keep getting the MMO itch and a quarterly free week of WOW and dailies and LFR are enough to remind I'm not interested in it. A month of TESO also really killed my MMO desire, at least for a bit.

It'd be awesome to have a 3D casual D3 like MMO with a tad more depth.
Lineage Eternal - YouTubesoon...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's the marvel ARPG, it's kinda mmoish, some of the zones are like public and many people can play in them at the same time and raid bosses spawn in them and shit. It's F2P and not too bad F2P from what I read, I just don't like the game much but it's doing relatively well it seems and since it's F2P with a cash shop, they keep updating it and adding content, like PoE.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
You can have 5 sentries or even 7, the consensus tho is that shit blows up way before you can even put them all down. I'd go Marauder 5 pieces + RoRG, skip the garwulf and keep Tasker. The Marauder pets are plenty to keep shit busy. Take the passive for 3 sentries and use the Xbow (forgot the name) or the Rucksack if you have it to make it 5 or 7, but it's overkill at this point as far as i'm reading.
Max sentries is 5 plus whatever your 1h xbow spawns if you have that weapon. I don't recommend using the passive for 3 sentries if you are using a rucksack - 4 sentries is more than enough for most purposes.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Max sentries is 5 plus whatever your 1h xbow spawns if you have that weapon. I don't recommend using the passive for 3 sentries if you are using a rucksack - 4 sentries is more than enough for most purposes.
Still working on the sack atm - hopefully today or tomorrow.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm trying to determine what kept me playing WoW a lot longer than D3. Essentially, they're the same games: loot hunts. You kill the same shit over and over and hope the thing you want drops. Was it the better drop rates in terms of hours played? Was it the raid lockouts mitigating burnout? Was it the social factor? Was it PvP(for some, not me, I suck at PvP)?

Just writing this makes me want to play WoW again. And if it wasn't for the whole host of negatives with cat herding(sorry, I can't play an MMO without raiding), I just might.
I'm pretty sure it's the social aspect of MMOs that always kept me going. If I never seemed to get a social foothold in an MMO I never played it very long. You need to log in and you need everyone to log in to accomplish a goal. In ARPG games like this that isn't true so there is less of a "I need to log in or I'll let everyone down" feel. I'm also sure raid lockouts/respawn timers played into it as well since you couldn't do the exact content over and over again unless it was a minor dungeon. And drop rates were so good you'd only have to do it a handful of times.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any monks running rifts tonight? Looking for an Innas belt and Kadala is being a jew if anyone wants to group up. Playing some during the day as well but I have to AFK often for calls.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The social aspect of it for sure is what draws me back to MMO's. I have a friend that says hey I'm playing WoW again. It isn't long before I'm back in it, to play with that person. As soon as they quit, I usually quit again as well.

For Diablo, I really hope the Tiered Rifts, or survival mode Rifts are awesome. I'd love to get with clan mates, and friends, and see how far we could go. Using different class combos, and see what happens. I hope the whole system isn't clunky, and easy to use.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Is he stating that a ruby in the weapon slot is better than emerald or is he just throwing that out as a hypothetical?
A +270dmg Ruby on any lowbie weapon with a socket and go bananas. It's a half decent way to level an alt if you aren't getting power leveled; wick up the fun to T1 and run bounties. I got my mostly naked Crusader to 61 in 3 hours doing this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure it's the social aspect of MMOs that always kept me going. If I never seemed to get a social foothold in an MMO I never played it very long. You need to log in and you need everyone to log in to accomplish a goal. In ARPG games like this that isn't true so there is less of a "I need to log in or I'll let everyone down" feel. I'm also sure raid lockouts/respawn timers played into it as well since you couldn't do the exact content over and over again unless it was a minor dungeon. And drop rates were so good you'd only have to do it a handful of times.
I guess? At the same, those same people not logging in, or repeatedly 10-15 minutes late, made raiding annoying, not fun.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess? At the same, those same people not logging in, or repeatedly 10-15 minutes late, made raiding annoying, not fun.
My WoW guild had a pretty decent sized bench in our child guild to call people up to fill in replacement slots. Plus the DKP penalties for tardiness and overall fucking up made it so people were generally on time and ready to go.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So having been disgusted with my Monk and lack of useful drops I started futzing with my crusader after getting a jekangbord . Then while trying to get a Gyrfalcon's Foote stumbled upon a nicely rolled Maximus and Magefist. So I went from playing a lightning / palm Monk to a fire Crusader based not on actual intent but rather the path laid out by the RNG.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I have D3 ADD right now. I just hit 70 on my Crusader last night and now I want to play a Witch doctor. Double XP weekend WRU?!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Picked up some new gear on the wizard last night. A SoH with good rolls and a moonlight ward. They look like they will be good for some signature type gear that I can try to set up new builds around. Getting a little tired of the current TF/Cinder Coat/MF MM conflag fire build, with the new SoH is it possible to set up a decent lightning build? I have a Mykens ball of hate or the mirroball+2 for the source and I have a wyrdward that I banked to try out someday.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have D3 ADD right now. I just hit 70 on my Crusader last night and now I want to play a Witch doctor. Double XP weekend WRU?!
I went back to my WD after having played my Wizard for a couple of months. Once I got the helm, the game just went easy mode in comparison to my Wizard. I do T4 caches and rifts because I can do T4 so easily. I tried T5 and the only problem is that my DPS just does not kill stuff as fast as I still need the gloves. Once I get those I am pretty sure I could go right up to T5. It is fun watching my gargantuan kill elites in 2 hits. The trick of course is understanding how to place him.

Unless they nerf the WD or boost the wizard, I plan to just stay with the WD. It is fun doing rifts in 15-25 minutes(Depending on whether I continue after the main kill)and getting 3-6 legs a run on T4. The down side is that the reason I survive so easily is clearly my gear, as I use a close to perfect Unity ring. I find I die a lot more frequently in groups as I do not have a Stone of Jordan yet to replace the Unity ring for more DPS.