Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

penalty_sl

shitlord
Anyone on HC have a lvl reduced weapon, or can log in and make one for me quick?

Just hit 40 on my WD and a sweet 2k dps 1hander would make the grind to 70 wayyy fucking smoother.

lindz

#DDs
What would you guys recommend for a lowbie sentry build for a DH? Got the monk to 70 but want to give my 45 DH a try before I choose something to start gearing up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I liked sentry at low gear level/while leveling. They are the best sustained damage spell you can use in the game. Granted depending on the difficulty you play at, and especially if you play at the "kill everything in one shot" difficulty, then they're not useful, but for anything harder, sentries are worth it. They're worth it if they get to do damage to a mob for 6seconds or something, I forgot the math. they're especially good when killing story bosses, like for bounties or well when doing the story.

Should definitely not build around them though. It's something you take as bonus damage to your main source of damage, similar to the wolf or marked for death. The only time you will use sentries as your main source of damage is once you have marauder so they actually do good damage on their own.

I wish they'd change sentries to be charge based for 2.1. This would make them so much better even without the set. Being able to drop 2 sentries at once every 12seconds instead of one every 6seconds would be a massive quality of life improvement and would definitely dwarf most other skills in terms of doing burst damage for elites.

Basic build would be one spender/builder of your choice, vault tumble+tactical advantage, sentry(either piercing or rocket, rocket being better for bosses and elites with no mobs around, piercing being better in spammy situations), companion wolf(before it's available, spider with cull the weak is pretty solid, or boar if playing hardcore) and a skill of your choice(preparation, marked for death, vengeance, rain of vengeance, whatever really). Don't recommend cluster for leveling unless you have a cindercoat, it's rough to run without the cost reduction, chakrams are pretty good though(razor disk or poison), frost elem arrow is also good.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
For leveling I like cluster arrow, which pretty much means you don't want any other hatred spender (such as sentries) using hate that could be used for cluster arrow. Take skills that support hatred recovery to help. YMMV.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So basically I should wait until next season to play again, no way I'm releveling just for a shot at a new kind of legendary. If that's all it is it's pretty dumb, like "hey if you want new shit wait a few months or relevel for....something cool like an achievement!". I thought the new tiered rift system would be more appealing than what is posted, but nothing really sounds interesting at all. Fortunately since there is no sub fee everything added on is just a bonus in any form so no complaints.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So basically I should wait until next season to play again, no way I'm releveling just for a shot at a new kind of legendary. If that's all it is it's pretty dumb, like "hey if you want new shit wait a few months or relevel for....something cool like an achievement!". I thought the new tiered rift system would be more appealing than what is posted, but nothing really sounds interesting at all. Fortunately since there is no sub fee everything added on is just a bonus in any form so no complaints.
You'll be busy crushing bros in Destiny anyway. No time for demons.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
did I read this wrong, you don't want to play the first ladder season because leveling up again isn't worth new type of legs? but what makes the second season worth doing it?

or do you mean after the season all items will be in non ladder characters loot tables anyway so whats the point of leveling up again.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I might, *might* play a female monk in the season just because I'm getting tired of looking at bald McBeardey, but otherwise I really have no interest in releveling constantly. Rather just play normally and let the season stuff creep in there eventually.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
How are they going to do the re-leveling shit? Ladder style where your characters are separated from your other ones? If so, do we have to play through the story again? If adventure mode is unlocked from the start then I'll level up something, twinked out or not.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
did I read this wrong, you don't want to play the first ladder season because leveling up again isn't worth new type of legs? but what makes the second season worth doing it?

or do you mean after the season all items will be in non ladder characters loot tables anyway so whats the point of leveling up again.
Yeah he meant playing next season in non ladder to get all the ladder legs that trickled down.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How are they going to do the re-leveling shit? Ladder style where your characters are separated from your other ones? If so, do we have to play through the story again? If adventure mode is unlocked from the start then I'll level up something, twinked out or not.
Same as hardcore I assume, on creation you select the new ladder, and that's that, your char is now on the new ladder with reset everything but achievements. So yeah have to play the story once, which tbh with the higher difficulty setting and higher drop rates isn't really that bad, but no adventure right away that's almost guaranteed.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got my 6pc Jade set finally, hilarious amounts of damage and I'm a couple of items from more than doubling it again. A bit more finesse than PETS! GO! which is a nice change of pace.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Got my 6pc Jade set finally, hilarious amounts of damage and I'm a couple of items from more than doubling it again. A bit more finesse than PETS! GO! which is a nice change of pace.
I've had mine for awhile now too. It is definitely fun (more fun than pet build), but when it comes down to RGs, very difficult to do noteworthy damage due to waiting for CD. They also do not add much to groups in terms of utility, even if they nearly 1-shot most shit. So I tend to still play as pet, but after the Haunt fix, I may go back to Jade

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So i'm flirting with the idea of playing this. Never tried it out and keep having an itch for a long term game but keep refusing to get sucked back into MMO's. Smite is keeping me happy but I am missing some of that "attachment" you develop to a character.

I'd probably want to play a wizard type class, havent looked at anything at all about the game but is the most sorc-like class underpower/overpowered etc? Any key tips you long term pro's would throw out?

I guess the biggest question would be PS3(4?) or PC? I built a pretty high end PC about 2 years ago or so that does well still so not worried about that but not sure which platform would be a better idea.