Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not really an MMO, it's hard to really get attached to your character, more so your particular build you can do because you found X item on Y class. That being said, Wizards are fine up until the very highest end, and even then they're not the worst. And absolutely PC.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So i'm flirting with the idea of playing this. Never tried it out and keep having an itch for a long term game but keep refusing to get sucked back into MMO's. Smite is keeping me happy but I am missing some of that "attachment" you develop to a character.

I'd probably want to play a wizard type class, havent looked at anything at all about the game but is the most sorc-like class underpower/overpowered etc? Any key tips you long term pro's would throw out?

I guess the biggest question would be PS3(4?) or PC? I built a pretty high end PC about 2 years ago or so that does well still so not worried about that but not sure which platform would be a better idea.
Wizards are not terrible, but other classes can do much better. Once you gear your wizard with top-tier gear, they are definitely devastating. They are easy to gear for lower torments, but when trying to do higher torments, they require a decently large gear-check.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dig the overall feel of playing a wizard more than other classes. DH is likely tied with Crusader afterwards. WD is cool but pet spec WD just seem too powerful to the point i dont bother playing it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Penalty, add me. I only play HC and there is a really healthy population, you just have to find it.

Will be on Saturday / Sunday evening.

And join the HC power leveling community. No reason to grind 1-70 in HC.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
At this time, Wizards do seem to be the worst at high end. Monks at least can go zdps and be sought after. I hardly ever see wizards in t6 anymore.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
At this time, Wizards do seem to be the worst at high end. Monks at least can go zdps and be sought after. I hardly ever see wizards in t6 anymore.
With the correct support in a group, wizards are amazing in t6. But solo or without the ideal group setup, they can be iffy.

zDPS monk with a Jade WD is a ting of beauty!!!

Mud, what clan you in now? Let me know if you want back into rerolled

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wizards are fine with the right gear. If I could get a fucking arcane SoJ I'd actually play this fucking game again.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
With the correct support in a group, wizards are amazing in t6. But solo or without the ideal group setup, they can be iffy.

zDPS monk with a Jade WD is a ting of beauty!!!

Mud, what clan you in now? Let me know if you want back into rerolled
Naw, I'm good. Clan I'm in is a better fit for me.

lindz

#DDs
So how do you get started farming gear? I'm doing bounties and rifts on master right now. Do I just keep doing that until I can start doing the same on T1?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So how do you get started farming gear? I'm doing bounties and rifts on master right now. Do I just keep doing that until I can start doing the same on T1?
Basically, yeah. With the latest crafting changes, you can craft yourself quite a few starter epics very easily to get a headstart into farming the higher content.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Have they announced an ETA of 2.1? or does anyone know (historically) how long patches are on the PTR before they go live?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played in a few weeks, or followed this board, has anyone hit 1000 paragon yet? Is that even possible? Last I saw someone had managed to play/bot to 400.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They can do T6 but just not nearly as well as any other class. It's part of the reason I stopped playing mine for a while, they need some balance with either items that boost wiz or they need a boost on skills. WD is overall better on damage, survivability, buffing the group with shit like BBV, Wiz as an int user is left behind in the higher torments. We will see what 2.1 does and I might pick the game back up.

Oh and an FYI on why 90% of the legendaries are garbage, well it was because Blizzard didn't have enough time to work on em guys. Fucking company has gone downhill since Activision.

Making every Legendary special or game changing was a major goal for Reaper of Souls, but it turned out that there was not enough time before release to properly overhaul all the old legendaries since there were so many of them. Making all legendaries truly unique and special is still an important goal though, so over time with the release of future patches, we will continue to see older legendaries getting retrofitted or replaced with newer versions, and completely new legendaries with new powers will be added as well.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It takes alot of time and practice to fold money hats, so the less important things like game quality are left behind.