Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thank God my already OP pets will be attacking 100% of the time finally. Also, that sacrifice change =O...

Side note, did they ninja nerf legendary drops or am I just getting fisted by the RNG gods? Over the past 3 days I've done between 10-15 t6 runs and have gotten 6 legendary drops counting the 1000+ shards I've burned.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well. I was thinking the same thing... but then I got 3 legendaries in about 15 minutes so /shrug

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Thank God my already OP pets will be attacking 100% of the time finally. Also, that sacrifice change =O...

Side note, did they ninja nerf legendary drops or am I just getting fisted by the RNG gods? Over the past 3 days I've done between 10-15 t6 runs and have gotten 6 legendary drops counting the 1000+ shards I've burned.
Nah. This past week I have gotten absolute shit except for 2 invoker pieces from Kadala, then yesterday she gave me my 3rd monkey garb piece and I got a GNK to drop and tonight this guy dropped for me (my first SoH!), not to mention a dozen or so auto-salvage legs.
rrr_img_69957.jpg

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
On PTR, Beckon Sail makes your DH totally invulnerable to death. It casts smoke screen when you take fatal damage, and has a one second cool down...

Alas, I do not have one.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So this new consumable that sockets items, doesn't it just invert the socket problem? Now anything that rolls with sockets is auto trash because it could instead have another stat and get the sockets added via the item?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So this new consumable that sockets items, doesn't it just invert the socket problem? Now anything that rolls with sockets is auto trash because it could instead have another stat and get the sockets added via the item?
Sounds that way. Now weapons with a socket already are bad, who would have thought!

Of course, it depends on how rare it is too. If it's one drop per million or something foolish, it won't matter.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it's a legendary consumable, I would assume it's rare enough that you won't have that many, but yeah at some point you'll just reroll the socket to something else. I guess the issue is if you find an item with a socket already so you're tempted to reroll the other stats, which would fuck the item forever even if you find a consumable. Finding items with no sockets is better cause you can reroll a stat to socket, then once you find the consumble you reroll it back to a stat then socket it with the consumable.

Still, sounds like an ok change, means there's a few more items viable when they drop. If an item has both a shit roll and no socket, it might still be valuable.

As for class changes and shit they said before PTR wouldn't have all the changes at once and that they're still iterating on stuff, iirc. The wizard changes do look pretty fucking shit in comparison though.

Also Depth Digger might make a pure hungering arrow build viable potentially. Buriza+hungering quiver(forgot the name, the one that increases pierce chance)+the increase damage rune+this... There's also the set of rings that increases builder damage by 50%, not sure it's worth losing grandeur though but might depend on how it stacks. Could get some pretty good builder damage though, then everything else would be cooldowns and shit to clear trash.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Well it's a legendary consumable, I would assume it's rare enough that you won't have that many, but yeah at some point you'll just reroll the socket to something else. I guess the issue is if you find an item with a socket already so you're tempted to reroll the other stats, which would fuck the item forever even if you find a consumable. Finding items with no sockets is better cause you can reroll a stat to socket, then once you find the consumble you reroll it back to a stat then socket it with the consumable.

Still, sounds like an ok change, means there's a few more items viable when they drop. If an item has both a shit roll and no socket, it might still be valuable.

As for class changes and shit they said before PTR wouldn't have all the changes at once and that they're still iterating on stuff, iirc. The wizard changes do look pretty fucking shit in comparison though.

Also Depth Digger might make a pure hungering arrow build viable potentially. Buriza+hungering quiver(forgot the name, the one that increases pierce chance)+the increase damage rune+this... There's also the set of rings that increases builder damage by 50%, not sure it's worth losing grandeur though but might depend on how it stacks. Could get some pretty good builder damage though, then everything else would be cooldowns and shit to clear trash.
The set rings increase the first spender you cast when at max resource by 50 percent IIRC, not builder.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

Doubling hungering arrow damage (via Depth Digger) will not come remotely close to being an end game viable build, +skill and HA pierce quiver not withstanding. In end game most DH don't even use hatred builder skills (like hungering arrow) at all. On PTR, most of the high end DHs on the solo leaderboard use a sentry build with a 2h xbow (10% damage, dex, socket) of some kind. The only DH that didn't ran a CA fire build (I don't remember if that person was using the invuln bug or not).

Sentries spraying MS and CA everywhere (with rockets from MS and sentries generally) does far more AE damage than HA ever will, and you can add impale (!) for additional single target damage (on PTR). They fire CA for 700-1500% damage, MS for 360% + whatever your rockets are doing, Impale for 700% damage and +400% fire dot and then another MS, then repeat. Takes about 2.5 seconds for all of that. Per sentry. +sentry skill (which you can have on quiver shoulders and chest) adds to all of those skills. Then you add up to +30% to the skill of your choice (I go with CA).

If you are talking about non end game, well, there's oodles of builds you can do, but I still don't think HA is a good selection to base a build on.

I made a nice strafe build for trying to do a1-5 in an hour. Needs work, but with the right gear and skills (and a shrine) you can get bursts of up to +160% move speed bonus. Was crazy fast. On a test run through did act V in less than half an hour. That achievement is gonna be fun. Used the 4 piece set that makes shadow power last forever, then took the movement speed rune. Add bracer that gives you speed boost when you destroy a breakable, a 1h xbow that gives strafe the effect of drifting shadow, then use grenade rune on strafe, and the passive that gives speed boost when you use sprint. Zoom zoom, even when strafing. Cluster arrow for when something has to die (hi to you boss), bat pet, and prep rune that regens hate. and so on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I know what the high end DH builds are, I wasn't saying it would be competitive, but viable. Depends on how much area damage you can get without hurting your other stats, but at least you'd get some time back when fighting bosses since hungering single target DPS with buriza+legendary quiver is basically the highest in the game. Probably not that fast though at trash clearing even with decent area damage.

On the speed build, there isn't really a point in strafing if you're just going for speed. It's nice to get random legendaries while doing speed clears and I ran that for a while, but if your goal is to complete the run asap, Danetta's and just permanently vaulting the whole time is better, you still break some stuff with chakram cloud/lava boots/action shot rune so you still get some legendaries and it moves faster than every movespeed bonus stacked on. Desyncs like a bitch and is annoying as hell to play for long periods of time due to the jerky camera movements though.

Also remember prepa rune is heavily nerfed, it's a lot harder to sustain high hatred constant usage I would assume since you can't feed all your disc into hatred while double dipping on the vengeance passive and the bracers + nightstalker conversion. This goes both for speedruns using strafe and for cluster arrow builds.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can make the same argument for a ton of affix/suffix that can roll on items. Now the "perfect" item has simply changed places but getting an item that lacks mainstat and socket is no longer auto-trash.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Personally DH is where its at, WD does a lot more single target damage but nothing can compete with max sentries out firing CA and MS.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Those pants...not sure who thought that through. Some builders are going to be just as powerful as spenders. CW:Mangle for 530% weapon damage and 0 spirit(and a 13% attack speed boost) or LTK for 624% and 30 spirit?

Otherwise, still a good patch for monks. I'd say at this point, direct damage spirit dumps are probably their weakest point. EP and SW look too powerful to waste spirit on compared to LTK and Bells. Especially if you have those pants.
Monks are going to benefit the most probably since we already do a huge chunk of our damage with builders and our spenders suck, compared to other classes. These pants will just let me go back to the old SW/EP hold left-click build.

Edit: It would be nice if the socket consumable was craftable somehow. So it'd be reliable. If it's just a legendary drop it seems, I dunno, pointless. Sure you'll occasionally benefit from it but I just don't see it being worth holding out for ever.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Monks are going to benefit the most probably since we already do a huge chunk of our damage with builders and our spenders suck, compared to other classes. These pants will just let me go back to the old SW/EP hold left-click build.

Edit: It would be nice if the socket consumable was craftable somehow. So it'd be reliable. If it's just a legendary drop it seems, I dunno, pointless. Sure you'll occasionally benefit from it but I just don't see it being worth holding out for ever.
It is more akin to a legendary crafting mat which have a precedent for dropping reliably and farmable. So we'll have to see how it works.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't care will roll Barbarian in 2.1 ladder
I would be sad if you didnt, I only see you as a barb in my thoughts. Leaderboards currently are monk groups and someone with a furnace anyway =p

God I hope this doesnt drop at the same time as the new PoE expac and league.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The way I understood the socket changes is it allows you to add another socket to something that already has the max # so we can get two socket weapons again etc.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The way I understood the socket changes is it allows you to add another socket to something that already has the max # so we can get two socket weapons again etc.
That's probably wrong since they specified it adds the maximum slots allowed to an UNSOCKETED item :p

Edit: Rumor has it a lot of the legendaries that have no unique property will have 5 primary affixes instead. Could mean crazy things for weapons if that's true