Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
People are eagerly waiting to farm ring of royal grandeurs again on paragon 0 chars here. Hurry it up Blizzard.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Add 4 slots in game for other players to be able to invade and hostile flag you and I'll get real interested, real fast.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Played on the PTR for a few days. The new timed rifts seem surprisingly boring -- no loot drops until the boss, no chests etc. It felt like some kind of elaborate training dummy.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd be happy with only having to pick up loot once per rift, except I somehow doubt it'll account for like 3/4 of my legos coming from destructibles and chests.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Buddy got his Tall Man's Finger within 2 minutes of doing our first rift last night (and we were just talking about him getting it).

One day, I will get a Fate of the Fell....one...day.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes thats what ladders do, you start from scratch and a brand new toon. You'll keep all of your toons and ladder toons in the default league when it ends.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Also the paragon exp earned during ladder gets totaled up and added to your normal league paragon exp pool once it ends, so it's not wasted either.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Don't know if I want to do ladder or not yet for a whopping 8 or so new legendaries. Or do ladders have other things you can only get doing ladder?

Decisions... Decisions...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Basically instead of grinding billions of exp on the treadmill for a single paragon level they incentivize you to create a new character so you can enjoy the OMG paragon levels 0-200 are actually fun period.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Most of the appeal of ladders is the fact that it's a fresh start and an opportunity for everyone to be on an equal playing field, at least for a time. Most people who have been gone from D3 for a while can probably attest to the feeling of disinterest in returning to a game where other people have been amassing power all along while you'll be far behind. A new season means a chance to be someone, to compete with others, and to reach goals that haven't already been exhausted long ago. Seasons aren't meant for the people who never stopped playing, they're a reason to come back to the game.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I kind of disagree. I think ladders are this Groundhog's Day like recreation of your first time playing through the game. Desperately trying to grasp at the fun and excitement we all had when the game was new and there were legendaries to be had. In their current form, they are a failure. Adding 11 legendaries with mostly uninteresting effects--the Crusader shield is probably the only one that is even remotely build changing--is a complete letdown at this point for those of us who have already put hundreds of hours into the expansion. Maybe that is what you mean by seasons not being for people who never stopped playing, but I stopped playing with any regularity a few months ago and I don't feel like I want to come back for seasons at this juncture at all.

For me, the initial appeal of Seasons was to start over, rebuild my fortune of legendaries from scratch in order to get a chance at some exciting new legendaries that, at the end of the season, I could bring over onto my main characters who could then REALLY crush some shit. If they don't add 20-30+ more legendaries to each Season, I don't really have any interest in doing them. I CERTAINLY don't have any interest if the legendaries that they DO come up with are like the ones they've put out so far; because, by and large, they won't make playing my classes more fun, nor will they make playing my classes more powerful.

They need to just make a ton of crazy, OP shit and even if the drop rates are miniscule, we can at least have that carrot in front of us. How do they intend on us to progress past GRift level 35-40?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The appeal of ladders is mind-boggling. There are people who actually want to start all over again for a chance at an item they could get by just waiting a little longer?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I kind of disagree. I think ladders are this Groundhog's Day like recreation of your first time playing through the game. Desperately trying to grasp at the fun and excitement we all had when the game was new and there were legendaries to be had. In their current form, they are a failure. Adding 11 legendaries with mostly uninteresting effects--the Crusader shield is probably the only one that is even remotely build changing--is a complete letdown at this point for those of us who have already put hundreds of hours into the expansion. Maybe that is what you mean by seasons not being for people who never stopped playing, but I stopped playing with any regularity a few months ago and I don't feel like I want to come back for seasons at this juncture at all.

For me, the initial appeal of Seasons was to start over, rebuild my fortune of legendaries from scratch in order to get a chance at some exciting new legendaries that, at the end of the season, I could bring over onto my main characters who could then REALLY crush some shit. If they don't add 20-30+ more legendaries to each Season, I don't really have any interest in doing them. I CERTAINLY don't have any interest if the legendaries that they DO come up with are like the ones they've put out so far; because, by and large, they won't make playing my classes more fun, nor will they make playing my classes more powerful.

They need to just make a ton of crazy, OP shit and even if the drop rates are miniscule, we can at least have that carrot in front of us. How do they intend on us to progress past GRift level 35-40?
That's the point, they are only adding roughly 8 or so new legendaries to this season. Really not worth starting all over for that small amount... Give me 20-30+ like you mentioned and I probably would do them then.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The appeal of ladders is mind-boggling. There are people who actually want to start all over again for a chance at an item they could get by just waiting a little longer?
Haha -- the primary appeal to new leagues in Path of Exile is the fresh economy; everyone is broke, no one has good gear, and you can make a fortune by hitting the jackpot early on. New league in a game with zero economy? Rofl. Why not just reroll in the current league? Who gives a shit.