Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
In PoE you can also try the new meta of builds in a fresh economy or design your own skill and build. Not to mention they release a mini expansion with the ladder resets.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ladders would work fine if " Trade" existed.

With no trade, why does a player want to completely start over doing the same thing they already did? The game is pretty much a single player game because trade does not exist. I could care less if a player is paragon 6 billion and can smash everything before it enters the screen. In no way does that player have an effect on me. There is no PvP interaction and no trade interaction and thus no interaction at all. So who cares if the person is God? To put this another way, back in the days of imputing codes, did anyone care when a stranger they did not know imputed a god code into a video game? Chances are, nobody did.

If playing ladders meant that a person could save up shards and then purchase the unique to ladders legendary, then it might be more popular. Since the whole process revolves around random loot(And you know the new legendaries will be a 1.5% chance to drop), most players will just wait for the season to end and then see what happens.

Without truly adding new content, removing trade killed any potential for this game to advance beyond what it already is. I think removing the $$ aspect of the AH had merit. Removing all forms of trade was stupid.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I cant speak yet because ive only been doing the PTR but there is no draw for me to log in when 2.1 drops. Doing GRifts which have 0 loot until the boss feel really odd to me, I actually like seeing loot on the way. There is no freedom to make most skills viable opening up new gameplay for a class you like so theorycrafting (which makes games fun for me) goes out the window.

The only saving grace is maybe some uniques we havent seen yet in combination with some gems might make some new builds.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm different than most people, I play games because I love loot and hard to get loot. I also love trading and playing the in game markets, farming, selling, and just in general the economic aspects of games. Maybe its because I play markets irl for a living but its almost as much as playing the game for me.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm different than most people, I play games because I love loot and hard to get loot. I also love trading and playing the in game markets, farming, selling, and just in general the economic aspects of games. Maybe its because I play markets irl for a living but its almost as much as playing the game for me.
This

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me, the loot is just the tool that allows me to try other experiences within the game. I'm all about the different builds and classes, having to deal with trading and clicking every damn pot, drop, corpse, and chest that comes into view just is a nuisance.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yea I dont think 2.1 will change much if anything. It's still the same boring ass game. Will probably be fun for a week or two to gear up and do a few greater rifts. But theres no pvp or economy to play with so in the end theres just nothing to do. Think I'm gonna farm bis gear just so I can farm rifts faster? Get fucked. Their idea of end game fun is leveling up gems? Get double fucked.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Diablo is best when played with a group. It's fun to group together and keep improving your gear so you aren't the weak link in the group. Me and a few friends are looking forward to 2.1 ladders just so we can go through that experience again for a few weeks, with everyone back on equal starting ground. I find though farming for the sake of farming in solo games is boring as hell.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Game is boring if you play with friends or you play solo. My circle of friends in the game have all but disappeared.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Game is boring as hell y0, needs new content, and I am not talking about 2.1 content.
i would like to see more content similar to hellfire amulet/ring, something to work towards that isn't totally dependant on RNG. I mean getting a decent roll on those does depend alot on RNG but you can at least work towards crafting them and its not just a vain hope that someday you might see one drop.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Though I have never played any of the Ladders in PoE, what does make me interested in them are the different rule sets they have, like elimination (every so often the lowest lvl heroes are removed from the ladder), total pvp ladder where you have permadeath and can loot the corpse of the player, and tons of other interesting gimmicks that aren't in the "normal" game. Now If D3 would try something like that, then it might be fun.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Dude I played the shit out of this when it came out, decimated everything on console (PS3) on every difficulty and got to a really high Paragon level.

I can't get into this anymore man, there is nothing toooo dooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Sorry for the pointless post I just had to vent, probably because I loved D2 so much and it was a simpler time.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
i would like to see more content similar to hellfire amulet/ring, something to work towards that isn't totally dependant on RNG. I mean getting a decent roll on those does depend alot on RNG but you can at least work towards crafting them and its not just a vain hope that someday you might see one drop.
That's my current beef with their new team, really. they say they want to have diversity in things to do but I dont see them implementing anything that's actually new. Greater rifts are just rifts, now with more boredom because they are being streamlined into a racing event that doesnt allow for too much random (no loot until the end, nerfed shrines, fixed mob density /yawn). The hellfire amulet is the same farm they already had since the expansion, just a bit more expensive and actually worth doing - but not new. The idea with trasure goblins randomly opening a portal to an actually new area is nice, I'll give them that. On the other hand they remove actual diversity like having to farm different places for specific crafted items.

Now I think the RoS experience is vastly better then vanilla, but as far as my hopes and expectations for additonal content are concerned they are taking steps backwards.

I havent played PoE for months but I think the last mini-expansion actually added more mini-dungeons and/or random boss encounters to their world, that's the kind of things I would like to see D3 do as well.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Lol you belong in PoE man. I wish PoE had D3's fluidity and netcode... but when it comes to "give a fuck" meter, PoE has outlasted D3 10:1 for me.

I havent played PoE for months but I think the last mini-expansion actually added more mini-dungeons and/or random boss encounters to their world, that's the kind of things I would like to see D3 do as well.
PoE's map system has a much more intriguing sense of longevity because you actually dictate your risk vs reward. Feeling badass? Tackle something with substantially higher chance of loot. Wanna zone out? Run a white map...

In D3 HC you play "whatever difficulty lets you faceroll with fast clear times"... PoE Invasion league really had no such thing has faceroll lategame. Every single map had an invader and it was semi-random; some invaders were incredibly dangerous... that level of tension is just non-existent in D3. This is just referencing the challenge and risk vs reward aspect. Obviously, having an economy is a boon for most players. Even the guys that prefer self-found probably get more fun out of a game with trading, simply because the option exists to trade for a build-defining item.

Anyone who hasn't played PoE to at least low-level mapping is really doing themselves a disservice.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
More Monk buffs on the way.

This next PTR patch is going to have a BUNCH of Monk changes headed your way. There's a lot to talk about here, so bear with me. This is gonna be a long one.

While we touched on Spirit Regeneration a little bit in the last patch, that was the tip of the iceberg. We're going over all the Monk Spirit Generators and making some significant changes.

Monks are quick strikers, and we wanted to increase the Spirit generation and damage of each Primary skill without just upping the numbers. We're addressing this by increasing the Attack Speed scalar of most Monk generators. This means that each will operate more quickly and scale better with Attack Speed. This is a change you won't see reflected in the tooltip or PTR data mining, but should experience in practice, especially if you already have a substantial amount of Attack Speed. This change addresses both concerns while further embracing that Monk fantasy of being fast and nimble.

We're also addressing some of the remaining Dodge mechanics that Monks have left in their kit. We're leaving a few options for players who really want to embrace the Dodge mechanic and focus on it, but others we're retooling to provide more consistent and reliable benefits. Mantra of Evasion is being replaced with Mantra of Salvation, and the base skill will now provide you and your allies within 60 yards a 20% bonus to All Resistance. We've moved the Dodge bonus to a new rune, Agility, and you'll find some other useful utility among the other new runes.

There are plenty of other changes coming as well, but I don't want to get too patch-notey here. Expect some quality of life and DPS boosts to spenders like Lashing Tail Kick and Wave of Light to make them more competitive and offer you additional options. The new Alabaster Gloves have been removed and replaced with a new Monk Seasonal Legendary Fist Weapon that increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Winds by 5-7. Overall, there will be new toys to play with, and we're looking forward to seeing your feedback on these changes as we move into our next PTR patch.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got Lut Socks last night to complete my leapquake !! Sure is a nice change of pace to leap like a madman, was a tired of being a ranged barb playing like a hunter behind my ancients.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just fucking go live already! I want to play for another couple weeks and be bored again.
Eh, class balance on PTR right now is arguably worse than on current live, so not sure about that :p Glad they're at least trying something else with Monks, they've been super underwhelming for all of RoS. I like the Sweeping Wind stack legendary too. Next they need to help out Barbs and then tweak DH/Wiz a bit and we're good to go.