Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Palum

what Suineg set it to
As someone who has felt D3 was in almost every way inferior to D2, this patch seems very lackluster. Making characters irrelevant to take part in the seasonal ladders seems like a really shitty way to attempt to band-aid depth into the game. Occasionally you'll get a drop that is 'build defining' but when you can just 'respec' it sort of loses that level of investment to get to that perfect point where you have items and a skill build to support them.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Its just a slightly more polished turd. I hit 70 tonight and I'm having a hard time grinding mindlessly for gear. I can already see the boredom setting in. Oh the carrot on a stick of climbing a PvE rifting rank list.. wooo! HYPE!! I was way more excited about it when it was announced, but now that I've been away from d3 for so long the game has really lost its allure.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Dead horse beating but I can't imagine what else people would expect out of this game. I enjoyed it when it came out especially after the paragon/new legendaries patch, for about 2 months. I enjoyed the expansion for about 2 months. I'm enjoying it now and I bet I can predict how much time I will. Its OK. Ladders don't seem to be done very well but at least there some new shit to do for maxxed characters (l.gems and hellfire amulets). At the very least ladders provide a little more life to the game at very little cost - I've got 20 hours on my hc wiz and paragon 46 and doing fine in t2. If I was paying a monthly fee it'd be another thing..

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised they still haven't addressed the scaling problems the game is facing, every offensive stat multiplies with every other one and defensive stats are useless, which leads to quite frankly retarded amount of inflation and once you stop killing monsters fast enough, the game grinds to a halt. It's still very smooth to play and the carrot works very well, but once you step away from it, you see all the cracks in the foundation. D3 gameplay with PoE itemization pretty please.

They even lock potentially interesting mechanics like Hellfire amulet behind several layers of RNG

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As someone who has felt D3 was in almost every way inferior to D2, this patch seems very lackluster. Making characters irrelevant to take part in the seasonal ladders seems like a really shitty way to attempt to band-aid depth into the game. Occasionally you'll get a drop that is 'build defining' but when you can just 'respec' it sort of loses that level of investment to get to that perfect point where you have items and a skill build to support them.
So...you want more tedium?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Depends on ypur class and build and the weapon. Obviously 2h is viable for crusaders and DHs. Monks and witchdoctors have specs and 2h weapons that work very well together also.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Depends on class and spec and gear. Which is really how it should be.

I know for monks, both setups are viable. Monkey King set pushes daibos ahead at the high end.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Never played a wizard before so I started one for the league. Almost to level 70. Right now I am leaning on Disintegrate for my main spender. Looking for some advice on a decent build skill wise at 70 that isn't gear dependent and what my gambles should be on?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What I do enjoy about the game is the way in which drops lead you to explore different specs. I got some nice fire gear on Mt crusader and thus went for a fire based build and now with 2.1 I've gotten some Akkans and a nice roll on the phallanx flail so I'm working on completing the necessary bits for a Akarats Champion build.

The only downside is that since the synergies are so tight you pretty much have to have a full new outfit before you can actually start using any part of it.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
What I do enjoy about the game is the way in which drops lead you to explore different specs. I got some nice fire gear on Mt crusader and thus went for a fire based build and now with 2.1 I've gotten some Akkans and a nice roll on the phallanx flail so I'm working on completing the necessary bits for a Akarats Champion build.

The only downside is that since the synergies are so tight you pretty much have to have a full new outfit before you can actually start using any part of it.
Along these lines, finally got my third piece of Roland's last night so with RORG I was able to rock the 100% damage boost to Shield Bash on a fire build. Between Cindercoat and Piro Marella my Shield Bash costs 12 wrath. Still missing +fire in a few spots and getting the full 6(5)-piece for the crazy atk speed will really make it shine.

Problem is I've grown accustomed to the almost-always-up armor boost of Akarats from my Fissure/Darklight build. Punching things in the face for 80+mil at a cost of 12 wrath is fun but getting punched back (while you're momentarily rooted in place) is not.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is anybody else in the clan playing a HC Season character?
If its just me then i'll hit 70 on mine and roll a softcore season character after lol, i just want the achievements and shit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
man, leveling in adventure mode is fucking fun (season). Any reason to do the story? Or anything I should do in adv to "check off the list"?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think I got the guaranteed legendaries doing adventure mode. At least SK and Diablo never dropped legendaries for me. Dunno if I'd call it "fucking fun" either.

Needless

Toe Sucker
guaranteed legendaries are only in campaign mode.
strangely enough i killed the skeleton king but didn't get one because i assume i was too low level (level 9)?.. weird.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Something odd I've noticed. I'll tear up T1 rifts and average about a little over 1 legendary per (takes me about 10-15 minutes to run them). I go up to T2 rifts and the droprate tanks. Gone 2 or 3 rifts without a legendary. I know it's anecdotal, but it just bugs me. Although, last night I cleared a T2 rift and got 3 legendary plans.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
RNG is RNG. I got like 7 legos on a T2 rift on my wizard, did 2 T6 rifts on my monk and got 1.