Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wish they'd get rid of RORG. Or rework how sets work. It is annoying at end game you really only have one ring slot and the other one you have to farm boring as fuck-all bounties to get.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised they still haven't addressed the scaling problems the game is facing, every offensive stat multiplies with every other one and defensive stats are useless, which leads to quite frankly retarded amount of inflation and once you stop killing monsters fast enough, the game grinds to a halt. It's still very smooth to play and the carrot works very well, but once you step away from it, you see all the cracks in the foundation. D3 gameplay with PoE itemization pretty please.

They even lock potentially interesting mechanics like Hellfire amulet behind several layers of RNG
About what level of HP do most classes target to maintain before just cutting vit for more damaging stats?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think something like 8/10 of my legendaries during campaign mode came from the major bosses while leveling up. Some of them were great, others were meh simply do to the specific item. Probably need to be above level 9 though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
About what level of HP do most classes target to maintain before just cutting vit for more damaging stats?
Not a good way to look at it. You get damage stats if you can. If you have leftover primary affixes, like on chest, shoulder(maybe, spec dependent), legs, boots, belt, and bracers, you get VIT. Got more leftover? Get RA. Then life%, then armor.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If my hp are much over 250k I probably have work to do on my gear. Aside from barbarians and potions, healing is all flat numbers so the higher your armor/resists the more efficient your healing is. Having 1,000,000 hp is fun and all but you can never fill that bar back up once it gets low.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
If my hp are much over 250k I probably have work to do on my gear. Aside from barbarians and potions, healing is all flat numbers so the higher your armor/resists the more efficient your healing is. Having 1,000,000 hp is fun and all but you can never fill that bar back up once it gets low.
Health globes and potions are % based so they scale with your max hp.Also there is a legendary gem whose rank 25 bonus grants 2% max hp life on hitso stacking VIT isn't necessarily a bad idea, it's just that there are more optimal builds in most situations.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Barbs also have that passive that grants 2% HP/s on their shouts. But like Deathwing said for the most part things are pretty rigid where if you can get offensive stats you get offensive stats. If you can't then you get VIT/RA/Armor. Also Diamonds are a great way of boosting your RA.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Health globes and potions are % based so they scale with your max hp.Also there is a legendary gem whose rank 25 bonus grants 2% max hp life on hitso stacking VIT isn't necessarily a bad idea, it's just that there are more optimal builds in most situations.
I'm slightly confused why I haven't seen more high level monks using that gem. Especially with FoF, it's essentially 4% max life per target, which is a ridiculous amount of healing. Surely that's worth more than whatever your 4th ring primary is.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm ranking up that gem now, but I think the high-end monk builds don't or barely use generators. Not really sure.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
On the contrary, the top monk build doesn't use "spenders", as in TR, WoL, and LTK, because they interrupt other attacks. Everything is geared towards spirit generation and pumping out clones.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I saw some guide from a monk saying he does level 37+ GRifts using wothf with mantra spam. His item build was flying dragon, depth diggers, sunwukos, and damage proc legendary gems.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So, 1 handers > 2 handers still?
Yeah but there are notable exceptions. Top WDs are all 2h for grifts but last I checked that's tier 39 or so. And that's only for one very specific 2h (Furnace).

I haven't checked since I started playing my DH but I don't imagine that'll change. There's no reason to go 2h for pet WDs, but then there's no reason to play WD's for grift ranking until blizz fixes pet survivability past grift 35.

Blizz will prolly stick to their "dont nerf, just buff everyone else" approach and do something to improve wd pet tanking past the mid 30s since sentry invulnerability is pretty much what's making DH tops on grifts.

Hake_sl

shitlord
I wish they'd get rid of RORG. Or rework how sets work. It is annoying at end game you really only have one ring slot and the other one you have to farm boring as fuck-all bounties to get.
I wish RoRG didn't exist so I wouldn't have to farm it
tongue.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I wish RoRG didn't exist so I wouldn't have to farm it
tongue.png
Yeah and soj, they are trying to stay away from BiS items in general(I think?), but every build uses RoRG or Soj, either for the set bonus or the dmg to elites + elemental dmg because those affixes are so limited on where they can roll..

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
RoRG is one of the legendary items that really feels legendary but with how powerful the -set requirement is on it they really should move it to the hellfire ring.. make people have a reason to actually craft that piece of shit. Then at least you know you will get one instead of farming 100000 act one bounties with the hope of getting it.

They have to know it's piss poor design because nobody runs any other act for bounties.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I never understood why the experience bonuses were additive after they changed the torment difficulty settings. Granted, if it was multiplicative then you would always want RoRG + Hellfire until you hit 1000 paragon but at this point the next patch better let you wear 4 rings or something.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'm slightly confused why I haven't seen more high level monks using that gem. Especially with FoF, it's essentially 4% max life per target, which is a ridiculous amount of healing. Surely that's worth more than whatever your 4th ring primary is.
Monk generators divide their coefficients by the number of targets hit. So while WoTHF:FoF is like 150% it gets reduced to two separate 75% chances if you hit two targets, and so on as you hit more. You can't get 20% life per attack hitting 10 things with the gem.