Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bummer the numlock trick doesn't work for my purposes, it doesn't cast shit during channeled abilities.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Good! It'll give all us crusty loners something to do the day after in between fap sessions while the rest of humanity is out having romantic dates.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously you're supposed to duo with your lover for Speak to Alaric runs on Valentines Day.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got my barb an ancient cinder switch and 4/5 raekor's, plus Unity/SoJ/decent neck. Even with just this gear currently I can decimate shit. I can do T4/T5 easily but I'm a bit squishy for T6. Using the Fire FC build seems to work well even without all the ideal gear yet. Fun times!

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
You should be fine for T6 with that stuff. I've actually changed over to farming T6 with the Immortal King's set because shit doesn't last long enough for me to charge through -Fyff - Community - Diablo III. I was surviving pretty much on the day I hit 70 in T6 with War Cry and Wrath of the Berserker. The only issue I have is against the random Arcane guys in the tiny shit hallways where you literally take damage at all times and can't avoid it.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone have any type of summary of the Tavern Talk from yesterday? Trying to wade through the official forums is like an exercise in futility, but what I was able to find, they have no plans to increase the blood shard cap or make crafting mats auto pick up, and aren't changing trials in any way? I realize some of those aren't really game-breaking issues, but simple QOL shit like that seems silly to just ignore.

On an un-related note, finally crafted a Hellfire Amulet for my DH yesterday (should have done it long ago, the fights were easier than I expected) and of course it comes with a really good passive and shitty other stats. I don't think any of the rolls were more than 10% above the minimum.

axeman_sl

shitlord
What's this "ancient" shit? Is it like warforged from WoW except instead of 5% better, the ancient items are 30% better? As far as I can tell from reading about it, it's basically another layer of RNG that will make it statistically near-impossible to get BiS. Unless there's a way to grind specifically towards ancient items, like a way to upgrade them or something, that's fucking retarded. So now you'll never even have a chance to compete on the leaderboards unless you happen to find an ancient Furnace or whatever? Tell me this isn't how it works or they'll have completely destroyed any desire I would have to ever touch this game again.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What's this "ancient" shit? Is it like warforged from WoW except instead of 5% better, the ancient items are 30% better? As far as I can tell from reading about it, it's basically another layer of RNG that will make it statistically near-impossible to get BiS. Unless there's a way to grind specifically towards ancient items, like a way to upgrade them or something, that's fucking retarded. So now you'll never even have a chance to compete on the leaderboards unless you happen to find an ancient Furnace or whatever? Tell me this isn't how it works or they'll have completely destroyed any desire I would have to ever touch this game again.
RNG is RNG.. thats like getting mad about not getting a unity to be able to progress at a point.. It's just another level of RNG to keep people from hitting a gear wall early on and prolongs that grind. I'm not sure why you would get mad at that? considering the entire game is driven off luck lol

@Column yes, the season will start completely fresh much like the ladder resets in D2

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Way too easy to hit BiS currently. I got an ancient danetta's set, 3 unity, and 4 ramaladni from playing my DH heavy for about a week.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I cannot get BiS to save my life on my norm char. I had BiS in hardcore season for a bit there but died after being disconnected from b.net lag lol

axeman_sl

shitlord
RNG is RNG.. thats like getting mad about not getting a unity to be able to progress at a point.. It's just another level of RNG to keep people from hitting a gear wall early on and prolongs that grind. I'm not sure why you would get mad at that? considering the entire game is driven off luck lol
The difference is that you can play for a couple of weeks and be fairly certain you'll find 2x Unity. Or a month or whatever, either way, it's realistically obtainable. Same with everything else in the game. That's not the case with ancient Furnace and whatever compares for builds that don't use Furnace. I'm reading that it's a 10% chance for a weapon to roll ancient on T6, and even less prior to T6. This means most people are never going to find these, whereas anyone who plays a decent amount could previously be fairly certain to have completed a set of gear inside of a month. With ancient weapons being so superior (+30% stats/DPS), leaderboard competition is going to be exclusively for those who have lucked out and found an ancient BiS weapon, yet this isn't statistically probable enough that you can expect to do so.

If you can't see the problem with that, there's no point trying to explain it further.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is blizzard so stubborn in simple qol changes their community has been asking for since release in all their games?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The devs tweaked the drop rate % for the super rare items so you have a reasonable chance to get needed gear for T6/GR30+, but they tacked on more randomness for the ancient gear to compensate. Perfectly affixed weapons and set bonuses are still the most powerful upgrades

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
People luck into important drops all the time. Unity, ramaladni's gift, full sets, hellfire amulets, etc. Ancient is just another layer. Time will average out these out these blips and leader board "competition" will remain reflective of time spent(and exploits).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ancient weapons will cause problemos with leader board ranking, the random factor on other pieces shouldn't be too bad

Unless you can get like a 200% crit damage amulet or something