Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone given any thought to fastest way to hit 70 once season starts? Guess I'll give her a go again next Friday.
My theory is to fly through the campaign on the lowest setting, then do adventure on the highest setting I can manage and farm up.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was thinking about this the other day, and it would be nice if you could play one character and specify a different character that you want the drops for... ie: Play my WD but get drops for my Crusader.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So with seasons merging with non-seasons I made my strafe dh, so much fun especially when I get a conduit or speed pylon, many lulz will be had if I ever get both. If I get some gg 1-hand xbows I'll even be able to do t6 with the build, I just did a lvl 22 grift in 5 minutes, but the guardian took a minute to kill.

Edit - I can do t6 with the build, but shit takes too long to kill for the build to shine.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are the preferred stats on amulet these days? Trying to figure out what would be better on the amulet on serum:
Serum - Community - Diablo III
Fire or crit damage? Most of my damage comes from fire besides some physical from vengeance and shuriken cloud.

Also randomly looked through my gems last night and came across the taeguk gem, I don't think anyone uses this gem so I forgot it was a thing, but its insane with my strafe build. I literally never stop strafing so I'm constantly full on taeguk stacks. I did a t5 rift last night and speed was still good, but I had a couple of deaths, once I get taeguk to 25 I should be gtg though and then just a couple of upgrades and I should be flying through t6.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can hover over the element% in the details to see which one is the better stat. Ideal stats for amulet is element, CHC, CHD, and socket.

Ancient *might* put main stat back over element%.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
What are the preferred stats on amulet these days? Trying to figure out what would be better on the amulet on serum:
Serum - Community - Diablo III
Fire or crit damage? Most of my damage comes from fire besides some physical from vengeance and shuriken cloud.

Also randomly looked through my gems last night and came across the taeguk gem, I don't think anyone uses this gem so I forgot it was a thing, but its insane with my strafe build. I literally never stop strafing so I'm constantly full on taeguk stacks. I did a t5 rift last night and speed was still good, but I had a couple of deaths, once I get taeguk to 25 I should be gtg though and then just a couple of upgrades and I should be flying through t6.
If your build doesn't require a specific ammy you definitely want a hellfire one so you can use a 5th passive.

And side note: most monks use Taeguk because of the Inna's set bonus which makes the cost of casting Sweeping Wind almost zero. You can map that skill to your 10 key and use NumLock to have practically hands-free permanent max taeguk stacks.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm wondering if there isn't a better combo. 3 pieces of inna, taeguk, and sweeping winds, even with the numlock "hack", makes me think there could be something better because the sweeping winds and inna's is essentially there to keep taeguk up.

Assuming lightning bells and grifts, laws of seph, two pieces of blackthornes, and thundergods might be more dps. And definitely more survivability since you'd replace taeguk with wildebeast gem.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Sweeping winds also gives 8 spirit/sec which is pretty important in a no-generator build. Kinda makes it hard to give up since it also lets you get +26% dmg and +26% armor (my max is 53 stacks atm). I think you could probably replace it with Born's set + Leorics if you wanted to do a full CDR Epiphany/Serenity build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're right, the spirit is useful, but Laws of Seph would more than make up for that. You couldn't do Borns/Leorics, you would lose the 4pc SWK. I also want to say that the numlock might be fixed soon. I'm seeing it mentioned more often in bnet and reddit, which usually means nerf.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
You're right, the spirit is useful, but Laws of Seph would more than make up for that. You couldn't do Borns/Leorics, you would lose the 4pc SWK. I also want to say that the numlock might be fixed soon. I'm seeing it mentioned more often in bnet and reddit, which usually means nerf.
Should have mentioned that I meant Born's + Leoric in a non-bells build since you would need to use the sword. The upside is that you could craft an ancient one, so I was thinking Born in main hand, Rimeheart offhand, using full cdr, EP, SSS, + cold based runes. Might even be good to use Madstone instead of Leoric if you run SSS + EP.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That might work. What do you use for popping EP?

The really silly thing about these sets that add huge multipliers to certain skills is that it reduces the efficacy of weapon procs. 10,000% weapon damage sounds awesome until you realize one lightning pillar does 8520% in an AOE. Tthat's without skill affixes, which are multiplicative with the SWK set bonus. The best builds should go towards pumping out more SWK-enhanced skills, which might actually make rimeheart worse than borns in this example. Definitely worse than azurewrath and fist if you want to stick with cold and EP.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm really sad the new WW set isn't going to be in season 2... it's not even confirmed until they decide to release 6.2... whenever that will be?
Now i don't really want to roll a barbarian anymore in S2

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If your build doesn't require a specific ammy you definitely want a hellfire one so you can use a 5th passive.

And side note: most monks use Taeguk because of the Inna's set bonus which makes the cost of casting Sweeping Wind almost zero. You can map that skill to your 10 key and use NumLock to have practically hands-free permanent max taeguk stacks.
I may farm some amulets once I'm speed running t6. And cool, I'll have to try that numlock trick out, it is a bit of a pain smashing shuriken cloud repeatedly.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amulets are the weak slot in every single one of my characters. I cannot roll a good one and I very, very rarely even see lego/set ammys drop. I've gotten multiple complete sets of everything on my monk, and only seen 2 SWK Shinies drop, both godawful, and maybe a handful of passable (but still bad) other ammys.