Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Also, for rifts: Do you speed-clearers tend to just run past normal mobs and do a Search-and-Destroy on elites? Is that how you can get crazy fast clear times (someone said 3 minutes?! earlier).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You kill everything, ideally one-shotting all trash, elites, and minions. Champs get 2-3 shot depending on their base hp.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, for rifts: Do you speed-clearers tend to just run past normal mobs and do a Search-and-Destroy on elites? Is that how you can get crazy fast clear times (someone said 3 minutes?! earlier).
3 minutes is average, as Vorph posted, it can better. Or worse, if you have a map with a lot of defilade. But it's a very glassy build and some rift guardians can one-shot you.

If you're playing crusader, I would say skipping trash and killing elites is better just based on how steed charge works.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Annnnnd I rolled a godly Tasker and Theo on my Barb. HAS FUCKING DEX. Not sure how many good items I can get in less than a week that has the wrong main stat.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Been gambling for a Sunwuko neck nonstop for the last 2-3 days, probably 10000 bloodshards or more spent. Finally get one today, rolls cold damage + RCR. Fucks up Taeguk and I have no intention of doing the gungdo build... time to farm another one

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just got a Ring of Grandeur at lvl 28, didn't you used to have to be in Torment to get legendaries from caches? Or like 70? I mean it's nice cause it's still kinda usable even at max level for the bonus, even though obviously the stats will suck at that point, just weird.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I just got a Ring of Grandeur at lvl 28, didn't you used to have to be in Torment to get legendaries from caches? Or like 70? I mean it's nice cause it's still kinda usable even at max level for the bonus, even though obviously the stats will suck at that point, just weird.
Could always get it in sub-Torment IIRC; the recent change was making it a greater chance to get a legendary out of a cache when you're on higher difficulties (100% at T6).

Xevy

Log Wizard
What would you use as your spender? LTK's hitbox still blows, WoL isn't spammable without torch, and a dual wield tempest rush will eat your spirit in no time.

Ancient revealed only after ID. It's obvious though.
LTK still. Hitbox is small but Sunwoko clone will help. Can also probably add in the lightning cyclone especially since it's the cheapest one spirit wise. I haven't worked it out fully. Got an Ancient 24% WKL though yesterday. Will level my elemental monks soon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
6hours played today(well a bit more, I rerolled a couple of times), lvl 62, I don't remember it being that fast at RoS release. I wasn't even like trying hard, I did a lot of full act 1 bounties instead of rerolling for only specific faster ones and I tend to kinda stop and kill everything including elites. Also felt like a lot more legendaries and crafting stuff, I found quite a lot of pre 60 plans which is kinda nice. I got a second Ring of Grandeur too, lvl 45ish or so, so much better, though hopefully I'll get one more.

Went with Wizard for now but I'm not sure if I'll stick to it just yet. I'm leaning towards saying fuck it and rerolling again tomorrow, the DH is calling me. I forgot that they made turrets charge based and as the one guy who was actually using turrets even pre RoS, that's like a pretty big deal.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As a DH, you're pretty lackluster until you get your Marauders 4pc bonus and maybe a Seething Spines quiver, and a decent weapon. But when you do get those you become very efficient.

All that being said, seeing how powerful Monks are right out of the gate is impressive and disheartening at the same time. I was a Monk in S1 so seeing them rape like this is kind of annoying. Oh well, I like the playstyle of the DH more.
smile.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Before I figure out what I'm doing, how hard is it to get a Gem of Ease as a fresh 70? My probably wrong understanding so far is that you hit 70, craft a 70 rare weapon or drop one whatever just so you have something, do a Rift, which guarantees a Trial key thing drop(does it need to be torment1 to drop Trial key thing? Is there a time limit or can I just blizzard hydra offscreen kite like a noob until I clear it?), then I recall out of the trial right away to get a level 1 greater rift, which I complete easily regardless of gear since it's the equivalent of Normal difficulty anyway, and that gives me a guaranteed legendary gem drop? Is it a random gem or do I get to pick it(I've seen streamers put points into specific gems but not sure how gem acquisition is done).

Basically I want to figure if I should hit 70 on Wiz to get a quick gem of ease for powerleveling my DH, or if it's not realistic to do it quick and just level a DH right away.

Edit: From what I'm reading, the gem you get is random, although it's always one you don't have yet, so pointless in my case unless I want to gamble on a 1/13 chance of getting the right gem. Guess I'll just go work on DH tomorrow then.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Might take you like 3-4 rifts at T1 to get a trial key, they are not 100% at that level. Once you get it you don't need to kill a single mob to get a level 1 key, just run to a corner and go grab a snack. Once you get to the GRift just clear to the guardian, TP out to town, do the bounties you haven't done and go back with a minute left and kill the guardian. Gems are random but you always get 1 and on the low GRifts I found you often get 2 instead of another legendary. Could take you 1 GRift to get the gem or 12 depending on how bad your drop rate is. Good news is you are guaranteed to get at least one gem per GRift and it is guaranteed to not be one you have.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess it could be worth it to farm grifts for an hour, I assume they don't take very long at this low rank so I would stand a decent chance of finding one. I think overall it'd be shorter even with a lvl 1 Gem of Ease rather than leveling the DH the normal way.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
At this point you could probably join one of the PL groups. It takes about an hour and a half to PL someone from 1-70 in a two man T6 rift as long as the guy who is PLing has decent enough gear. If you get in a 4 man it takes less then an hour for my group. Last season there was a PL group you could search for that accepted like everyone.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You get at least 1 Legendary Gem per GRift (off RG) until you've got them all. Unless they changed it, you can get duplicates if you have gems on other characters (but not in stash). If you kill the Rift Guard with 4:30 min or less on the clock, you'll only get +1 to your GRift level if you upgrade the keystone.

Gem of Ease is worthless until you can level it up to 25 (done by completing GRifts of increasing level and choosing to level it - what you saw streamers doing). At level 25 it puts any item you socket it into to Level 1 and gives something like +1900 exp per kill. So ideally, you get a nice level 70 Ancient weapon, put the Gem of Ease at level 25 or higher into it, and just utterly destroy shit on your low level.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
At this point you could probably join one of the PL groups. It takes about an hour and a half to PL someone from 1-70 in a two man T6 rift as long as the guy who is PLing has decent enough gear. If you get in a 4 man it takes less then an hour for my group. Last season there was a PL group you could search for that accepted like everyone.
Powerleveling communities do this but it's a lot harder to find people PL'ing this early into the season.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Don't know if it only goes in weapons but the links/screenshots I've seen have it in weapons (with the level reduced to 1; 4k+ dps 2handers at lvl 1 will be fun!).