Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Probably depends on the rift as well but I usually get 3-4, though just like Grifts I could get 1 or could get 6.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, 'feels' running I get more doing 6-8 levels of a t6 rift over and over. Especially with the chances for packs of goblins, which can lead to really obscene hauls and happen frequently enough to make them realistic to hope for.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think we were getting 2-5 for full clear t6 before we switched to mid 30's GR's. Much more efficient for us. I had 3 T6 full clears with 1 total legendary that soured me on full clears.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You have to be kidding, 6? I'm not sure if I've gotten 6 period. Yes, full clear.
It was a slight exaggeration upon retrospection. But it was the number I immediately though of, so that at least means it's happened enough times for me to think it common.

I'll fully admit I haven't done the math. I like the feel of loot (rarely) popping from chests, elites, destructibles, etc. Grifts feel too...sanitized.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imo Full clear if you are not looking at just blood shards. Stop @ RG if you just want blood shards. Especially as RGs seem to be very rare to get a drop, where as all the elites/chest etc are much better and no point wasting keys.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think I have burnt myself out on the season 2 so far. I can't even imagine playing 8 hours + a day like the streamer fucks. It has to be mind numbing. I think what has killed it is the pure brick wall you end up in and then you can't even really push yourself to do better. I can keep trying for higher level keys but even that relies far to much on the type of mob, mob density, and maybe a well places pylon or two, more so than any upgrade or piece of gear will grant me at this stage.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I can solo grifts 28-30, anything beyond that just doesn't seem like it's either possible or would be time efficient, not sure what to do to progress now.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can solo grifts 28-30, anything beyond that just doesn't seem like it's either possible or would be time efficient, not sure what to do to progress now.
I'm in this boat, been just full clearing rifts at T6 and leveling a new Monk heh.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I think I am starting to feel the burn out myself. I started playing again in season 2 and I still can't solo t6 yet just to throw that out there, but I am just not getting anywhere (been leeching to try and get there). Out of all the slots I basically have 2 pieces (bracers and weapon) of gear for my BiS setup. As others have pointed out it just seems like I am hitting a brick wall constantly since I can fill up my whole inventory with orange and not get an upgrade.

I feel like the Blood Shards could be a source of alleviating this by increasing the cost of the items you can buy with them but maybe giving you a choice (like I can choose for it to be a Kridershot) of what you pick but still making the stats roll randomly. I dunno, I suppose like somebody else mentioned it is suppose to just be slot machine city though and that is the entire premise of the game.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you are starting to feel the burnout and want a change hit me up in the evenings. I'm usually around 6pm to 11pm est. McFly1102

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If you are starting to feel the burnout and want a change hit me up in the evenings. I'm usually around 6pm to 11pm est. McFly1102
You're leaving out a lot of information here. Not sure if I should message you and prepare the lube or what.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't play that build if you don't have the 4 piece Raekor's bonus. The freeze is vital to survival. Also, ground stomp is not necessary until much higher grifts. Use the stamina rune and charge around like an idiot.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Journey from Diablo 3 Vanilla to Reaper of Souls and the Ultimate Evil Edition (for consoles)

Josh isn't the only responsible for the changes - the entire D3 team (and even other teams) were equally important
Contrary to popular belief, they do have Deadlines ("expected dates" for releases) - supposed to launch in November 2013 - they went to Mike Morhaime and asked for more time to "get it right"

Team came together to define the 3 fundamental pillars of any Diablo game:

(1) Focus on the Fantasy - playing epic, bigger than life heroes, fighting the forces of Hell, with the promise of Epic Loot.

(2) Endgame for Everyone - no matter how many hours you play, there's something for you to do and get > this is where Adventure mode came from.

(3) Make online matter with the Cooperative and Social experience

Huge expectation - 10 years of work, with people from Blizzard North

Extreme hype for the game, even internally
Events everywhere to celebrate the release
Huge sales - the team predicted 6.66 million units sold in the first year, they got it in the first couple days
Server meltdown at launch really hurt the game
Reaper of Souls had a near flawless launch

Launch was the lowest point of the game for the developers - letting the playerbase down.

Other reasons for people being upset ("road to Hell is paved with good intentions") - the team was passionate but made some mistakes

(1) Original Launch Philosophy - stuck with D2's structure and mentality

Long item reward tail aspirations (based on 10 years of D2) .... resulted in very stingy drops!
Players like it difficult? No, they like efficiency!
Rarity vs Power correlation was unclear

(2) Misunderstood Player Psychology

Why we Play - Fantasy vs Efficiency
Where we Play - Shop, not Play
How we Play - Flip Farming

(3) Wrong Kind of Beta Test

Too Short
No End Game testing
More of a Demo than a Beta

The console "translation" (not port) was a pivotal point at finding out potentially good changes for D3V/RoS.

Auction House - was a grand experiment, with good intentions to make safe trading a reality.

Biggest Lessons learned from D3:

Making games is a hard endeavour!
The importance of Pillars - when things are ugly, know and rely on your "pillars"
Know your Fears - game designers make assumptions (and bad decisions sometimes) based on their fears >> "this is not Diablo" ... "afraid of being too generous" (in item drops)
Randomness is not necessarily Replayability - devs want people to come back, and randomness can push them away
Remember the Fantasy
The Teams define the Game's Success - during D3V launch, it felt like a funeral due to player feedback; and he thinks they turned that around

When you read though this it feels like they didn't learn a fucking thing. Players do like difficulty, they just don't like impossible/broken content. It's funny how they refer to 10 years of work from Blizzard North when they tossed out all version of the game they were working on and fired all of them. Then had the balls to post tweets about how they hated the Bliz north people.

Really it's just sad because instead of learning and working to make the franchise better they will just continue to buttfuck it's corpse. Might be nice if they would apologize for fucking wowification main-stat retardation. Fuck these donkey fuckers.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it does work pretty well; my barb has the basic stuff with a lot of awful rolls and no Parthans yet and I can do low/mid-30's GRs with 7-ish minutes to spare. I don't have a PoC either, so I'm using War Cry and Chilanik's still. No ancient Heart Slaughter or Furnace is what is really holding me back anyway.

Main thing I dislike about it is that you end up with something stupid bound to LMB (Stomp in my case). And the Rift Guardian fight is just retarded. You either have to plan ahead for the RG to spawn somewhere near a power shrine, or you have to hope that the first CotA/WotB is enough to drop it to 75% if it's one of the ones that shits out a lot of adds. Preferably both of those things if you really want to kill it quickly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I may have misread Sabbat's post. I thought he was getting 'wrekt' and I assumed he hadn't completed Raekor's yet.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I may have misread Sabbat's post. I thought he was getting 'wrekt' and I assumed he hadn't completed Raekor's yet.
It's that finding another spot to click again that's the issue, sometimes you find it, and you smash the pack, sometimes you don't and it's GG unless IP is off cooldown.

Basically, I don't have a physical SoJ (only cold, no socket), and I don't have 2 Unitys, nor a decent weapon. So it seems that build runs faster clears (at least with Strongarms), but with the APDs it's no where near the speed, but I don't die as often from not having a spot to click on to get out or if I fuck it up horribly and double charge into a pack that gets smashed on the first charge leaving me with no charges.

Kinda why I stuck with the FC build, but used Whirlwind just to move around.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Christ that feels terrible, effective, but terrible. Charging into/through a pack, hit stomp, stand still while I find a spot to click again, get wrekt.
I think the feel of charging comes with time. Once you hit the 38% CDR, which you could go for more but I suggest this at least that much, you can charge forever in packs. If you get packs together pretty well you should never have to stop and if they're really clumped up you should make your charges pretty much on top of your own body so you can charge faster.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's that finding another spot to click again that's the issue, sometimes you find it, and you smash the pack, sometimes you don't and it's GG unless IP is off cooldown.

Basically, I don't have a physical SoJ (only cold, no socket), and I don't have 2 Unitys, nor a decent weapon. So it seems that build runs faster clears (at least with Strongarms), but with the APDs it's no where near the speed, but I don't die as often from not having a spot to click on to get out or if I fuck it up horribly and double charge into a pack that gets smashed on the first charge leaving me with no charges.

Kinda why I stuck with the FC build, but used Whirlwind just to move around.
After messing around some more today, I'm basing my Barb off this now:T6 Speedrun Barbarian - Diablo3Barbarians. I think it's a lot better for doing from T6 to low 30's GRs, which is what I'm focusing on to try to get better versions of the gear that I already have while hoping RNGesus finally decides to give me an ancient HS or Furnace (never going to happen). Basically it's similar to what you were doing with WW except it uses Sprint/RLtW instead.

Det0x averages about 2.5 minutes per RG-only clear with it, and it takes me more like 4 minutes.My gearif you want to see how much worse gear can be than what the guide calls for and still work well. I do have 37.56% CDR though, which is just barely enough to instantly refund a FC charge on a 3 mob hit. Not sure how much it will be hurt by not having a phys SoJ; I have one and I can charge T6 champs/elites a couple times and move on and they will die to my DoTs. Still don't have any Strongarms though, except the holy ones my Crusader uses.
frown.png