Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
99.999999999% of people are playing seasons but there is still 1 or 2 who do not.
I don't see the point of playing seasonal when none of the new items are remotely close to being game-changers. I enjoyed S1 because of Frydehr's Wrath, and because I never actually played Crusader before. S2 got boring really fast. Gungdo is the only somewhat interesting item, but it's not interesting enough to keep playing beyond paragon 300 with only 1 Unity. Re-acquiring SoJs, immunity/HF amulets, etc. is pretty much the least fun thing ever. The only thing seasons have going for them is a fresh leaderboard, but S2 is dominated by the exact same comps that non is, and is now just as tainted due to the Sever+MFD bug.

I hope they have some better ideas for seasonal items in S3, because it's going to be really tempting to just keep playing my non-season barbarian with the retroactive set changes and the redesigned legendaries not being limited to seasonal.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At this point I think it's probably more fun to play on the PTR than on live anyway, which is really fucking stupid too. Having the PTR start like 2weeks after season start and lasting probably the entire time but with much more interesting loot is dumb.

Vorph

As much as D3's loot system pisses me off at times, PoE's system is about a thousand times worse.

Vorph

I was under the impression that the issue now is that it had been fixed for a long time, and some people just recently discovered that it was un-fixed in 2.1.2.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sever had been reviewed, they just didn't do anything about it:

Sever Nerf? - Forums - Diablo III

Blue_sl said:
I just wanted to jump in really quickly to clarify that we have no current plans to change how the Legendary sword Sever or the Rest in Pieces affix functions. I can assure you there is no nerf, and none were ever announced. We were briefly looking into Sever (which is why it appeared in the Known Issues List), but ultimately decided against making any changes.
It's always been around, only now some people have found a way to semi-reliably abuse it without gimping their DH.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also now it can actually be used to clear competitive content stuff with leaderboards, while back then, who the fuck cared really. It'll probably get nerfed in 2.2, might be patched in this week's PTR patch even(though don't know if that's happening or not).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got super frustrated playing Crusader; felt weak, couldn't do T6 very fast at all without a BoP, etc. Rerolled Wizard as I like the FB playstyle. After about 3 days of playing I have 6pc Firebirds, found a 2nd unity (though no templar invuln relic, just enchantress/scoundrel ones), and got a pretty decent Tasker and Theos (as a random drop, at that). Also crafted a good Devastator with <10 combines.Elfuego - Community - Diablo III

Always looking to group! Brikker#1337.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm having trouble theorycrafting a roll for the new DH set in progression. It seems great for speed farming because you don't have to lay down turrets upon zone in nor for max damage. But in grift progression, it seems like M6 would be better. 5 turrets out firing your spender is basically a 11x multiplier, which is the same multiplier UE6 would get if you went max discipline as possible(weapon, quiver, cloak, nats 3 piece, invigoration rune) but now you don't have 5 turrets blanketing 60% slow nor a bunch of mini tanks soaking up hits.

On top of that, the gearing for UE6 is kinda clunky. You want to fit in nats 3 piece for 20 more discipline, but what pieces do you sacrifice? Nats aside, even Cindercoat provides a problem because it can't roll +disc as a secondary.

Somewhat unrelated: has anyone measured the uptime on their Pride's Fall? I'm using fire MS and Cindercoat for now, but would like to try the physical or cold runes on CA. I just don't see being able to avoid all damage, thus leading to poor uptime. I know Hexing pants is another alternative, that just feels weird, and having to move between every shot seems like inviting danger.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Unlike some items Pride's Fall shows a buff Icon. Before I unload my spenders on boss fights I look for it. If it's not up I fire once and run around or shoot my builder and then go back when it pops up. In groups with a melee it has like a 90% up time for me on bosses and is like 100% on trash unless there are random blues/golds firing off desecrator/freeze. For solo trash it's only up like 50% of the time.

I personally like using the Maelstrom with Pride's better then Loaded even though I have a near max Cindercoat. I do a bit more damage on bosses with Loaded but easily clear better with the rockets Maelstrom fires. The healing from Maelstrom also seems to make a difference for me when clearing trash in GRifts over 35.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm not using Loaded for Bear for solo grifts. I personally like the shape of MS, so the arsenal rune makes sense. It's competitively efficient(damage/hatred) compared to the rocket runes of CA.

Are DH the only class that haven't been able to ditch their generators? I mean, I guess Condemn Crusaders still need them, but it doesn't really hinder them in any way.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only way that gets fixed is because it's finally becoming common knowledge. Shit's been around for years, literally.
S2 is my first time playing DH, I didn't even realize you could equip them with a non projectile weapon. Is this build worth messing around with if you don't have an ancient sever? I just found a normal one and sharded it
frown.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't tried it myself, but solo Sever-MfD doesn't seem worth it. You give up quite a lot not using bows. Danetta's will be better for speed farming, and you need a RG that spawns adds to progress in grifts. Some people might be ok with that latter example, but that annoys me to no end. It's the reason I stopped playing my (currently)favorite spec/class. Some bosses you just can't kill as a melee class. Or you can kill them running around like a retard while your cooldown pets do some damage.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
One of my buddies got his CDR down far enough where he doesn't use generators on his DH but we put out about the same DPS. He just pops his cooldowns when he needs Hatred.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm having trouble theorycrafting a roll for the new DH set in progression. It seems great for speed farming because you don't have to lay down turrets upon zone in nor for max damage. But in grift progression, it seems like M6 would be better. 5 turrets out firing your spender is basically a 11x multiplier, which is the same multiplier UE6 would get if you went max discipline as possible(weapon, quiver, cloak, nats 3 piece, invigoration rune) but now you don't have 5 turrets blanketing 60% slow nor a bunch of mini tanks soaking up hits.

On top of that, the gearing for UE6 is kinda clunky. You want to fit in nats 3 piece for 20 more discipline, but what pieces do you sacrifice? Nats aside, even Cindercoat provides a problem because it can't roll +disc as a secondary.

Somewhat unrelated: has anyone measured the uptime on their Pride's Fall? I'm using fire MS and Cindercoat for now, but would like to try the physical or cold runes on CA. I just don't see being able to avoid all damage, thus leading to poor uptime. I know Hexing pants is another alternative, that just feels weird, and having to move between every shot seems like inviting danger.
I don't really see M6 stopping to be top choices when either soloing high grifts or grouping in high grifts. The pets are way too valuable when soloing and for groups where you can setup a full nest of turrets it's just stupid damage. The new set looks nice for T6 speed clears and like GR 30-35 farming(maybe 40-45 when in groups) since it goes fast, but you're squishy as shit and you don't have the 3 pets blocking/pulling aggro from random shits. The pets are super undervalued I think in M6, it's not like a huge impact, but the wolf team buff+bat regen+boar defenses does matter quite a bit, and you're pretty much losing all/most of that when not using 2pc marauder, which I don't think you can afford over natalia for the other set.

So yeah, meh. Not too interested in that set.

Vorph

UE died the moment they said it would no longer work with Kridershot and Frost Arrow. Granted, that probably would have been overpowered, and extremely annoying to the 99.99% of DHs who don't have a godly-rolled ancient Kridershot so it's probably for the best. It's mostly annoying because it's another shitty set clogging up the loot tables along with Nat's (still useless in 2.2), Blacktroll, and Invoker.

Best case, UE just barely equals the damage output of M6 and lacks all the survivability you get from pets and turrets.

Yeah, I'm not using Loaded for Bear for solo grifts. I personally like the shape of MS, so the arsenal rune makes sense. It's competitively efficient(damage/hatred) compared to the rocket runes of CA.

Are DH the only class that haven't been able to ditch their generators? I mean, I guess Condemn Crusaders still need them, but it doesn't really hinder them in any way.
MS is fine for trash clearing, but its dps drops a ton when you get to the boss. Rocket-based spenders only allow one of the rockets to hit each target, and MS+1 rocket is way behind CA Maelstrom or Stars + 1 Rocket. And even further behind what LfB does to a RG.

DH can't really ditch the generator when solo, even using Cindercoat or Pride's Fall with max uptime. CDR is not a good stat to gear for btw; RCR shares the exact same slots and is far more effective at what it does. At the very highest end of grouping, the DHs can drop their Evasive Shot because 0dog WDs and zdps Crusaders provide so many health orbs that Reaper's Wraps are all you need to sustain CA forever.

S2 is my first time playing DH, I didn't even realize you could equip them with a non projectile weapon. Is this build worth messing around with if you don't have an ancient sever? I just found a normal one and sharded it
frown.png
Sever exploiting is a group thing. DH loads MfD/Grim Reaper, Monk equips a Sever and uses EP on the mob the DH marked. Then the DH kills that target and the whole screen dies. Including RGs up to something like GR58.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
MS is fine for trash clearing, but its dps drops a ton when you get to the boss. Rocket-based spenders only allow one of the rockets to hit each target, and MS+1 rocket is way behind CA Maelstrom or Stars + 1 Rocket. And even further behind what LfB does to a RG.

DH can't really ditch the generator when solo, even using Cindercoat or Pride's Fall with max uptime. CDR is not a good stat to gear for btw; RCR shares the exact same slots and is far more effective at what it does. At the very highest end of grouping, the DHs can drop their Evasive Shot because 0dog WDs and zdps Crusaders provide so many health orbs that Reaper's Wraps are all you need to sustain CA forever.
I somewhat disagree about MS for single target. Obviously LfB is better than the rest, but I'm not going to use that for soloing.

(360 + 300*2) / 25 = 38.4
(550 + 600*2) / 40 = 43.75

So, it lags a bit behind the best case rocket build. Unless, damage/hatred isn't the right way to compare these? I'm assuming it is because generators are still used. I will admit that CA turrets are more effective from far far away and MS turrets aren't. That might have a bigger impact than single target discrepancies.

I agree about CDR vs RCR. I'm betting Arcaus' friend is benefiting from more globes in multiplayer than the CDR. The amount of hatred DH get from their cooldowns is quite low.