Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, I'm going a little too slowly on GR15... Any advice?
UglyAo - Community - Diablo III

I need a new helm but it's fun farming the shit out of the gems. I've got the Raekor's waiting to be used, but that set seems worthless if I'm doing WW build.
I slotted wreath of lightning over my hoarders boon.

I've been "trying" to farm up the wastes, but I can't seem to get any of them to drop unless I'm being carried through t9/t10 (and I'm only really able to "speed-farm" t3).
Here is my barb.

Renji - Community - Diablo III

I can push GR50 solo but beyond that it's pretty much pray to RNJESUS that I don't get shitty rifts with elites who have rape affixes. Right now I'm set up for WW support barb since we were doing 57's last night and if you go reg WW barb dps build you just get murdered. Still collecting my HOTA set.

For gems you want Taeguk, Gogok, and for the third I was using Bane of the Trapped but switched to Stricken for group GRifting. If the boss lives long enough eventually your tornadoes start critting for a billion. Taeguk is great because it's always at max stacks because both whirlwind AND sprint will proc it.

For gear, I wouldn't be worrying about doing solo grifts right now. Go as high torment as you can and do regular rifts over and over. Use blood shards on slots you have no wastes tier. Even 6 piece wastes with shitty rolls is a murder factory. Once you can fuckin speed farm Torment 7, start doing act bounties to build up some mats. Craft 2h maces and upgrade them in the cube to get a Furnace. Cube that fucker and equip the affix.

Other affixes you should use is Hexing pants for armor and Zodiac for ring.

Ditch the green gem in your helm. Got diamond for cd reduction or red for xp. One or two puzzle rings thrown in the cube will set you for life on gold. I have around 1.4 billion and I have spend a couple hundred million on gems.

With your current gear I would go with a good 2h, furious charge, and seismic slam. The only real WW gear you have is the bul-kathos weapons and the skull grasp. Once you get 2 piece wastes throw rend into the mix because that 500% shit is pretty good until you get 6 piece.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Here is my barb.

I can push GR50 solo but beyond that it's pretty much pray to RNJESUS that I don't get shitty rifts with elites who have rape affixes. Right now I'm set up for WW support barb since we were doing 57's last night and if you go reg WW barb dps build you just get murdered. Still collecting my HOTA set.
dump your skull grasp for a unity, get your follower unity + immortality token

skull grasp damage is additive, you won't miss it

grats gr52

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unity(or Orotz) in cube + wearing FnR will get you much better results too. Arcane enchanted elites are pretty much instant skip in high grifts since they are essentially anti-density.

Also, I would switch to a PoC belt, even if it is not ancient. If you got an orotz and some cdr, 100% uptime on IP and WoTB is achievable.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
switch to a PoC belt
I swear to christ that motherfucking belt doesn't exist. I have spent well over 20k blood shards on belts and haven't even seen one with shitty rolls. No one in my clan has seen one either.

As far as unity, I have one with shitty rolls and haven't been able to get a 2nd one to drop for the life of me. I don't know what they changed this season but Kadala is a fucking cunt.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should I start equipping some of the legendary gems as soon as I get them or wait until they are upgraded a certain amount?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doesn't hurt to equip them right away if you have an open socket, but not all are worth rolling a socket for before you get them to 25. Chances are you'll upgrade whatever jewelry you're wearing before then if thats the case. (You can remove them just like any other gem at the jeweler in case you were unaware.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Should I start equipping some of the legendary gems as soon as I get them or wait until they are upgraded a certain amount?
Most are worth the socket right away. Kinda depends I guess, like Gizzard is so so until you get it to 25 and it starts generating the shield, but say bane of the trapped is still a solid damage modifier right away and the 25 ability is actually pretty redundant in a lot of cases. I generally just use whatever jewelry I have that has a socket and crit dmg and equip even crappier gems right away until I have the right gems and level them up. Crit% and main stat are also obviously good but crit dmg tends to be the most important stat along with a socket, unless the ring is legendary and has a good affix, it won't beat a legendary gem effect.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Early toment levels the best gems are wreath of lighting, the toxin one and the bleed on crit. Helps with damage alot and then you start to phase them out as you get your sets.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yea. Because it doesn't HAVE that crazy MMO grind. You can actually "beat" the game after a few weeks and move on to something else. That's why people come back en masse when there's new stuff but leave once they've experienced it. It's fun, you win, you move on. PoE is terrible if you like doing that. MMOs are terrible if you like doing that. If Blizzard's goal is to have this kind of traffic on their lmitedly-monetized online-only game 100% of the time, then yes they are doing it wrong. If they just want to keep people interested periodically and let them have fun trying different crazy builds and occasionally boosting box sales, then they're doing alright so far.
This exactly for me. I have put in around 60 hours since the season began around paragon 460, and I am having a lot of fun, but I know within 3 weeks I will be off the Diablo juice and playing something else, and that is OK with me since there are way better games I want to play. But guess what, my 100 or so hours I put into D3 this next few weeks is fucking fun, and a lot more time then a lot of games, especially considering I bought the game a few years ago, hard to go back to "old" games and have as much fun as you can in D3.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I tried out HotA last night for the first time. I'd been lucky and got a full set of the gear required (except Hellfire ammy) and a 4200+ dps, decently rolled Gavel. Shit is wayyyy slow movement wise after WW, but goddamn 5-7 billion crits are fun. Haven't even tested my upper limits of Grifts yet, I did a 46 in under 5 minutes I think so I can probably do a 50?

WW definitely the way to go for farming, though.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I tried out HotA last night for the first time. I'd been lucky and got a full set of the gear required (except Hellfire ammy) and a 4200+ dps, decently rolled Gavel. Shit is wayyyy slow movement wise after WW, but goddamn 5-7 billion crits are fun. Haven't even tested my upper limits of Grifts yet, I did a 46 in under 5 minutes I think so I can probably do a 50?

WW definitely the way to go for farming, though.
Can you link your build please?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here is my barb.

For gems you want Taeguk, Gogok, and for the third I was using Bane of the Trapped but switched to Stricken for group GRifting. If the boss lives long enough eventually your tornadoes start critting for a billion. Taeguk is great because it's always at max stacks because both whirlwind AND sprint will proc it.

For gear, I wouldn't be worrying about doing solo grifts right now. Go as high torment as you can and do regular rifts over and over. Use blood shards on slots you have no wastes tier. Even 6 piece wastes with shitty rolls is a murder factory. Once you can fuckin speed farm Torment 7, start doing act bounties to build up some mats. Craft 2h maces and upgrade them in the cube to get a Furnace. Cube that fucker and equip the affix.

Other affixes you should use is Hexing pants for armor and Zodiac for ring.

Ditch the green gem in your helm. Got diamond for cd reduction or red for xp. One or two puzzle rings thrown in the cube will set you for life on gold. I have around 1.4 billion and I have spend a couple hundred million on gems.

With your current gear I would go with a good 2h, furious charge, and seismic slam. The only real WW gear you have is the bul-kathos weapons and the skull grasp. Once you get 2 piece wastes throw rend into the mix because that 500% shit is pretty good until you get 6 piece.
I've got the relic already, and just got 5pc wastes earlier (fuck you helm). I use the green gem for farming up that specific gem, but that shouldn't matter anymore. I've got red in right now (xp AND farming more reds). I have zodiac in the extract slot. I've got 3 unity so far, two str and one int. I've got a decent 3.3k dps ancient 2h I can swap to as well. I did two puzzle rings earlier and it was worth ~100m total (I think I forgot to get some spare +gold stuff).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Movement speed isn't what grift progression is about. Hota can compete with WW on rifts if you cube in-geom, but it's no good for bounties.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Too lazy to check if it's a fake report or not but supposedly there's a bug where having a hellfire equipped until it has 0durability(repeated suicides) will give you the passive even after you remove it, which lets you get every passives for your class. If the bug is in fact real, the season's pretty much over.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well GG to season 4 leaderboards. There's an exploit with hellfire amulets lets you have all your passives at once. You're gonna start to see people get way high on the grifts. Can we say Hello rift 90+?

Edit: Pyros you beat me to it. Yes this bug is real. Chainerfails just duplicated the bug live on his stream.