Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know about 90+, there's a lot of terrible passives. But it does mean you get a noticeable boost in survivability and/or damage for most builds.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Astral Presence, Cold Blooded (+10% to frozen), Critical Mass (crits -1 second cooldown), and Paralysis are not putting wizards much further. Might see someone break 70 but not much more, other classes have better.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I've gotten like 20 Hellfire Amulets on my normal Demon Hunter. I never equipped one because all the passives it wanted to add were shit. I feel like the amount of time you need to farm these things added in with the amount of shitty passives means not a ton of people will bother. Those who do bother, good for them. You spent like 50-100 hours of your life getting a higher grift that will last like a week or less before it's patched.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Astral Presence, Cold Blooded (+10% to frozen), Critical Mass (crits -1 second cooldown), and Paralysis are not putting wizards much further. Might see someone break 70 but not much more, other classes have better.
Legacy Hellfire amulets would still give non-existent passives?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've gotten like 20 Hellfire Amulets on my normal Demon Hunter. I never equipped one because all the passives it wanted to add were shit. I feel like the amount of time you need to farm these things added in with the amount of shitty passives means not a ton of people will bother. Those who do bother, good for them. You spent like 50-100 hours of your life getting a higher grift that will last like a week or less before it's patched.
Doesn't take long to farm hellfire amulets now. Friend and I cranked out like 14 in ~2 hours so with 4 ppl you're looking at at least 8 an hour granted you've got the forgotten souls to craft them all.

Also, fuck hellfire amulets. "We're going to give you a socket so you have a better chance at a useful amulet." What they don't tell you is they made crit and crit damage non-existant. Crafted 16 amulets I believe and not a single one had crit or crit damage.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Got my 6pc wastes last night, turned over to double unity+immortal-templar and was running T7 in a heartbeat. Jesus the change was crazy.

I've got doubles of 3 pieces of raekors, but that seems to be shit. I'm sitting on 3 part of IK and a couple of the HOTA bracers as well, so maybe I can push grifts with that.

I swapped my cube slots around... still no furnace but I'm running TFury instead (not much else for choices really). I'm running the Yan pants for unlimited rage and I'm about to cube that fucking cameo necklace because arcane is bullshit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Legacy Hellfire amulets would still give non-existent passives?
That'd be something, but I doubt it works that way. Also, were there even hellfire amulets back then? I mean, CM time since that was listed, CM was removed for RoS release right, and iirc keywardens/ubers were only for the old hellfire ring that gave bonus xp and shot fireballs that I farmed for my crusader leveling before 2.0.

As a WD, you really only need a handful of the passives for it to be worth it. You'd want like Fetish Sycophants so you can replace Belt of Transcendence by Witching Hour(decent damage boost), Jungle Fortitude(15%dmg reduction), Bad Medicine(25%dmg reduction when you hit with poison) and then the usual stuff Spirit Vessel+Grave Injustice+Swampland Attunement+Pierce the Veil. I guess you could get a mana regen passive too so you can spam more, or two, and Confidence Ritual when you can afford to be in range for it. And I guess Circle of Life would spawn free dogs. But overall you get mostly a large boost in tankability, which I guess means you could drop defensive legendary gems for offensive ones and get your boost like that. Still I think that'd be a bump of 3-4 Grift levels or so, since it's already pretty high. Lots of Paragon levels would probably do more overall than all hellfires, at least for WD.

That said you can already see people abusing it. Reddit has a post saying the new top barb at 71 cleared it with a bunch of random shit passives and no hellfire equipped, so he probably had all the good passives on hellfire bug.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got my 6pc wastes last night, turned over to double unity+immortal-templar and was running T7 in a heartbeat. Jesus the change was crazy.

I've got doubles of 3 pieces of raekors, but that seems to be shit. I'm sitting on 3 part of IK and a couple of the HOTA bracers as well, so maybe I can push grifts with that.

I swapped my cube slots around... still no furnace but I'm running TFury instead (not much else for choices really). I'm running the Yan pants for unlimited rage and I'm about to cube that fucking cameo necklace because arcane is bullshit.
Don't do that, immunity necks are a huge waste in the cube. Skip them, if they follow you, your area damage will kill them quickly.

Raekors still has some use in speed farming, but that's it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Movement speed isn't what grift progression is about. Hota can compete with WW on rifts if you cube in-geom, but it's no good for bounties.
Which is why you need two barbs. Since Blizzard has decided the ability to have secondary item sets and skills is beyond their technology. So you have one barb that does grifts then another barb that does Wastes.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm running the Yan pants for unlimited rage and I'm about to cube that fucking cameo necklace because arcane is bullshit.
I did the arcane neck because I had that or CoE available. I don't feel like I get any tangible benefit from CoE. I mean I understand it's working but I am not watching my buff bar for that magic physical buff icon to appear.

I have all kinds of issues with fury and that might be because I just started a barb yesterday. I am 6pc wastes and 1pc weapon and some okay accessories with about 300 paragon. What is this with Yan's? I am using the passive that makes it so my fury doesn't degenrate for now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You never stop moving while using whirlwind, so you always get the 25% damage/rage gen bonus from Hexing Pants and never get the penalty.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But remember if you use Yan you are also forcing yourself into using a rorg. Which means either your jewelry cube will be it which means no Unity or you're giving up FnR which gives far better bonus than Yan. IMO your best bet would be to target upgrading 1H might weapons in the cube to complete the BulKathos set which basically eliminates fury concerns.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hexing pants aren't going to make or break anything. The majority of your rage comes from Mighty Weapon and BK2. Leoric's Crown is another good cube candidate if you're short on CDR.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
IMO your best bet would be to target upgrading 1H might weapons in the cube to complete the BulKathos set which basically eliminates fury concerns.
Ahh that is what I am doing already. I have 1/2 that set.

I was going to use Yan's as a cube ability. What armor ability should I be using for WW barb?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pants in my cube:Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan - Game Guide - Diablo III

The set for BK weapons makes fury easy, the pants make it an nonissue. Unless I spam rend (and why would I), I don't need to worry and even then I wait a second and I'm back full.

But remember if you use Yan you are also forcing yourself into using a rorg. Which means either your jewelry cube will be it which means no Unity or you're giving up FnR which gives far better bonus than Yan. IMO your best bet would be to target upgrading 1H might weapons in the cube to complete the BulKathos set which basically eliminates fury concerns.
Cube it. I don't have worship gloves to 10 min shrine buffs anyways.
I'm farming a furnace for the cube-weapon.
I'm not sure what to slow for the armor slot (shrine gloves when I have them?).
I'm going to go with Curio until I find something make or break that I should slot.

Any recommendations for armor/jewelry?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hexing pants aren't going to make or break anything. The majority of your rage comes from Mighty Weapon and BK2. Leoric's Crown is another good cube candidate if you're short on CDR.
Does the build work without a Zodiac ring? I was under the impression it was necessary for cooldowns since you give up the IK bonus.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Does the build work without a Zodiac ring? I was under the impression it was necessary for cooldowns since you give up the IK bonus.
I have it cubed until I get curio in, but I don't notice it actually procing or working. The majority of the time I do t7 rifts I can finish just after my CDs come up for first usage. Once I get a furnace I don't think I'll use CDs until I get to RG.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ahh that is what I am doing already. I have 1/2 that set.

I was going to use Yan's as a cube ability. What armor ability should I be using for WW barb?
Don't get me wrong, Hexing pants is still a very good cube candidate since it's 25% dibs. It just won't solve your rage problem. Honestly, Hexing or Leorics are probably the only two worth considering. Or maybe something from the bracer slot in case you want to wear a Lacunis to hit a breakpoint.

Sure, it's just much less powerful. Non-season pre 2.3 didn't have access to Orotz and WW was still tops. But there's zero reason to not use it now. You need the ring, Boon passive, and about 30% CDR to get full uptime on WoTB plus some other CD usage.

Please, don't cube an immunity neck.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yan gets used in the cube for that build, so there's no need for RoRG.