Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd just like to see the actual math/breakdown of why that is, other than "Quin69 posted gung-do in his build, so it must be better!!". I don't really see why U2 and Mythic Rhythm would necessarily have a better synergy with gungdo either. It's not like you aren't still applying 3rd hit for assimilation with madstone.
Madstone applies EP on each hit of SSS to a maximum of 14 targets. Gung-do applies EP on each hit of SSS (because of U6), AND it applies EP to everything else that gets hit by the explosion. That's the difference.

And yes, there's MR snapshotting to consider as well, but people chose Gung-do over Madstone long before Davlok fully tested MR.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some days, things like that make me loathe how they calculate everything out and figuring out whats dibs, what isn't, whats additive/multiplicative etc.

Stronger damage dot should always override weaker damage dot, and weaker damage should never override stronger. Simplify the whole process

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was pretty surprised to see MR snapshotting is a thing at all. They've been getting rid of mechanics that snapshot due to how confusing/annoying it is to take full advantage, so I expect it was an oversight that will be corrected in 2.4.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right after they fully fix area damage.
rolleyes.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been running Crippling Wave with the cold rune (larger radius third strike and freezes) for EP application, gets pretty big groups at a time (and the freeze is helpful sometimes). I fucked up the other day, got into a great group with Ao and a couple guys he knew, cleared a 58 grift not knowing I needed 60 for this seasonal achievement thing now I need to try and get into another group capable of it.
They can probably do it again sometime. I gotta ask, though I'm finally getting decent with my gems and stuff. Taeguk >25 is pretty nice with the armor.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, I should try and find that build the other Monk was using so I can do more than blow shit up for it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was pretty surprised to see MR snapshotting is a thing at all. They've been getting rid of mechanics that snapshot due to how confusing/annoying it is to take full advantage, so I expect it was an oversight that will be corrected in 2.4.
There's still quite a lot of snapshotting. For example Bane of the Stricken is massively affected by your attackspeed when it snapshots to determine proc rate and you can force snapshots by using your potion, so using it say as a barb with pain enhancer when you have a bunch of procs and max attackspeed and then not using your potion again if at all possible will make the proc rate on stricken way higher, and as such make rift bosses way easier. The small team they have seems fairly shit at coding stuff properly it seems. The recent server lag shit is a good example, it worked fine at 50-60density last season, but now that people are pushing 70-80, the servers are melting.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Once geared, surviving and resources are only only a problem when you're pushing your max lvl grift. Not being forced to use witching hour and those new bracers make demon hunter pretty tanky, more than capable of getting hit in t10 and you can use shadow power gloom for further damage reduction when pushing higher grifts.
Resource generation it looks like the d3 dev team is finally realizing you didn't sit and watch your resource in d2 and people do not enjoy doing it in d3 so they gave demon hunters the yang's recurve to reduce resource costs 40-50% which means unless you're pushing your limits in grifts you never run out of resource.
Yangs + Cindercoat + a few other pieces of resource reduction and you're set. On my DH I still run out of hatred, but I can fire a LOT of multishot until I get to that point.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So I started playing as a Wizard, Moved to a Crusader then a DH then a Barb to mess around with. Went back to my wizard and I have to say, this is the most entertaining build of any class yet:

Draegan - Community - Diablo III

Only thing not in that link is I use a Schaefer's hammer and not a fulminator in my cube.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Set my monk on the side for a while and now playing two barbs which I'm having fun. I accumulated so much gear on my first one that I leveled a second one and geared it out. I have one barb as hota for pushing grifts and group play while the other one as speed WW for bounties and farming rifts for keystones/death breaths. I'm up to grift 52 on my Hota barb and I can probably get to 53 or 54 if I don't get stuck with arcane packs. I'm doing the mindless grind for ancients and leveling gems so I can move up in grifts.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yangs + Cindercoat + a few other pieces of resource reduction and you're set. On my DH I still run out of hatred, but I can fire a LOT of multishot until I get to that point.
Right, but when you're doing anything efficiently things are long dead before your hatred runs out. You need to use your generator for f/r and to proc your bracers so as long as you alternate between evasive fire/multishot inbetween packs your hatred will stay full.

And as far as surviving goes, with the bracers I have close to 30m toughness with ruby in helm and I'm forgoing a bit of defensive stats, no vit on helm which is pretty standard, but also no vit on gloves, and no all resists on pants. This allows me to stand in things like lightning storm and take a few hits without death on t10.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've had pretty shit luck this season, closing in on 400 paragon and I have zero ancient items equipped. Have cleared a 52 GR using helltooth + suwong but shards and item upgrades getting me nothing for this build.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did solo GR50 on my whirlwind barb today without too much effort. It isn't some kind of huge accomplishment but a milestone I was working on. I bet in the hands of a veteran barb player my gear could handle 55.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm out of town until the end of the month and really have the urge to play, still. They made quite lot of great improvements with this patch/season. Hopefully they can keep this shit up, I'm playing a lot longer than I did for any other patch and the longevity seems greatly improved.

There any patch 2.4 notes/leaks yet?