Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some variation of IK4 and Sage's, with FC, Sprint, BK's, Warzechian, and Wreath or Hoarder for speed? Haven't actually tried it myself, as Kadala is being extremely stingy when I spend all my monk's shards on the barbarian and I'm missing some necessary stuff to be effective in 2.3 still. Maybe it's just a grass-is-greener thing and I'll end up disappointed in the end, because my monk is not exactly terrible at farming DBs.
Might work. I'd worry about missing out on killing speed without IK6 or Wastes6.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
DH speed might work (with sage) if you go Nat using In-geom passive to refresh resource replenishment skills or something. Can get a large move speed boost with leg gems and a couple passives as well. Just stop to kill elite packs more or less.

I hate Nat though.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last night I went through about 800 DB and 300 souls trying to get an Ancient WD weapon. No dice. I've had pretty solid luck in the past, but this is just blowing my mind. I'm not talking about finding a good ancient weapon. I'm talking about finding an ancient weapon period.

Yikes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's a lot of mats to not even get one. I generally always got an ancient every 15ish crafts or so, sometimes more sometimes less(and technically should average 1/10 with high enough numbers but pretty sure I was under, although the few ancients I got were on the weapons I needed so no complaints). Since it's different values I guess you were doing upgrade rare and reroll legendaries and not rerolling sets right? Not that there's many weapons you can reroll as sets as a WD(mostly born and zuni offhand I think) but eh.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gungdo is overrated as fuck, especially if you use Madstone. It only applies to one target and if you're using madstone, EP application is never a problem.

You always want to wear spirit guards or nemesis, depending on your build (spirit gen vs. EP)
Are you talking strictly about farming? I can see dropping gung-do for that since it doesn't really get a chance to work on trivial stuff, but it's still 100% mandatory for pushing GRs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Third hellfire amulet on my WD rolled ancient, spirit vessel, 989 int, 20% poison, and some shit stat I rolled into 98 chd or something.

Annnnd done.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Third hellfire amulet on my WD rolled ancient, spirit vessel, 989 int, 20% poison, and some shit stat I rolled into 98 chd or something.

Annnnd done.
Need 20
10chc
10chd.

Knocked out gr 76 last night with my team first try then one of the guys had to leave because of wife agro. Trying for 77-78 tonight. If anyone here is running the 2 carn docs setup for 4 man drop the fetish passive after gr70 to get rid of the lag. It works until 76 and starts up again. You wont lose any damage because they don't do any in the first place with the collision issue.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I did a PUG run up to 63 yesterday as UE Multi DH, people keep talking about DH viability going down as the Grift levels go up - I'm not seeing it yet though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It might go down relative to other classes. Now that you can't CC everything forever, the value of glass cannon dps has gone down. Also, the amount of group healing and buffs other classes bring with respect to damage taken matters more.

Unrelated: I'm running into problems on my monk where using Cyclone Strike is hindering my survivability because it makes it easier for mobs to hit me. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to switch off Implosion by ~GR47. That was the one thing I really liked about monk, the can create their own high density packs.

Vorph

I switch to Wall of Wind beyond T10 equivalent. The freeze alone keeps me alive in the upper 40's, then freeze+APD cubed does the job at 50+.

Looking at your gear, I think you're going to hit the same wall that I have. [Ancient] Shenlongs with at least one LpH roll is a hard requirement, while still keeping 10% cdr on both. The defense from String of Ears, Spirit Guards, cubed APD, Epiphany, and Mantra doesn't cut it. My String of Ears and Spirit Guards are even perfect 30%/40%, I just can't get the goddamn weapons.
frown.png

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Try switching your mantra to Salvation: Agility. You get a ton of extra resistances and the +35% dodge from the active buffs your survivability by a lot.

Vorph

I always use Salvation/Agility when not farming DBs, but the lack of LpH still holds me back in GR52+.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are you talking strictly about farming? I can see dropping gung-do for that since it doesn't really get a chance to work on trivial stuff, but it's still 100% mandatory for pushing GRs.
Yeah, I was referring to farming.

However, I still don't understand why Gungdo is so "popular" in the EP meta. It only applies on death and only to 1 target. Madstone is much, much more effective at keeping EPs rolling. For spirit gen, APD/Spirit Guards is a no-brainer.

Vorph

Yeah, I was referring to farming.

However, I still don't understand why Gungdo is so "popular" in the EP meta. It only applies on death and only to 1 target. Madstone is much, much more effective at keeping EPs rolling. For spirit gen, APD/Spirit Guards is a no-brainer.
When you SSS the RG, EP is applied and detonated 14 times because of Gung-do. That's why it's mandatory for people pushing to GR70 and beyond, you'll never kill the RG without it.

Vorph

And how is that not the case with SSS and Madstone?
Don't really know why Gung-do works better, just that it does. It might be because of the synergy between U2 and Mystic Rhythm, especially with the new stuff they've figured out about how Mystic Rhythm snapshots.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm wondering what they have in store for the leapquake set in 2.4. Melee-based builds seem at an inherent disadvantage, only able to compete with ranged builds on certain maps. I'd really like to give IK/SS a try but FoTVP and IK4 is a negative interaction, while GoJ interacts quite well with IK4 and HoTA's built in fury->crit gives it another damage component that SS doesn't have.

Yeah yeah, SS is basically the same as Multishot, so why not play DH? I have a distaste for classes that die when sneezed upon. I also want to say DH's are the only class left that have to play the resource generation game. Generators, ugh, as if...

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah yeah, SS is basically the same as Multishot, so why not play DH? I have a distaste for classes that die when sneezed upon. I also want to say DH's are the only class left that have to play the resource generation game. Generators, ugh, as if...
Once geared, surviving and resources are only only a problem when you're pushing your max lvl grift. Not being forced to use witching hour and those new bracers make demon hunter pretty tanky, more than capable of getting hit in t10 and you can use shadow power gloom for further damage reduction when pushing higher grifts.
Resource generation it looks like the d3 dev team is finally realizing you didn't sit and watch your resource in d2 and people do not enjoy doing it in d3 so they gave demon hunters the yang's recurve to reduce resource costs 40-50% which means unless you're pushing your limits in grifts you never run out of resource.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don't really know why Gung-do works better, just that it does. It might be because of the synergy between U2 and Mystic Rhythm, especially with the new stuff they've figured out about how Mystic Rhythm snapshots.
I'd just like to see the actual math/breakdown of why that is, other than "Quin69 posted gung-do in his build, so it must be better!!". I don't really see why U2 and Mythic Rhythm would necessarily have a better synergy with gungdo either. It's not like you aren't still applying 3rd hit for assimilation with madstone.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been running Crippling Wave with the cold rune (larger radius third strike and freezes) for EP application, gets pretty big groups at a time (and the freeze is helpful sometimes). I fucked up the other day, got into a great group with Ao and a couple guys he knew, cleared a 58 grift not knowing I needed 60 for this seasonal achievement thing now I need to try and get into another group capable of it.