Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Not much no. I'm interested in the details of how that works. Only gear on your char? Bank? Gold(which would be dumb)?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Rebirth lets you nuke your previous season's character so it's stats like elites killed and monsters killed and playtime roll over but all your gear is mailed to you that when it becomes a non-seasonal character (after the season ends) it gets all that gear back. It really only exists to transfer over the flavor stats.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they come up with a better goldsink idea than that. I could see paying gold for GRift successes if it came with something more than just +1 gem

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I hope they come up with a better goldsink idea than that. I could see paying gold for GRift successes if it came with something more than just +1 gem
At the same time, there's literally nothing to do with gold past a certain point, so it's not like it hurts. It's terrible, but so is gold.

The new sets and stuff is really what looks nice about 2.4. The fact they also reworked that shitty ring set to make it into a general "use whatever skill you want" build is pretty cool too. In the end I don't think people will use that too much because you lose a lot of the utility provided by most sets like skill cooldowns/resets and stuff, but I could see it being cool for some stuff. Also makes use of all the shitty random legendary ancients you get.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Curious if that ring set is 75% increased damage; 4% DR per ancient item

or

75% increased damage AND 4% DR per ancient item.

Former feel underpowered, latter *maybe* overpowered?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Your semi colon confuses me. What are you trying to convey with it? From what I saw it was 75% more damage and 4% dr per ancient.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wish PC was getting the nemesis system that is on the consoles.

For those not familiar:

When you die the monster that kills you might hop into a portal and disappear, only to show up in your or one of your friend's games as a more powerful demon. Their arrival is preceded by some moaning music and a rumbling controller. If he kills them/you then that portrait is added to his collection (seen under his nameplate), rinse and repeat.

Usually this drops a legendary and a gift to mail to the person who's nemesis you killed, though I'm sure they'd leave out that last bit.

Just an extra piece of flavor/randomness to the grind that can be a fun mechanism on PC.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New thorns set for crusader looks terrible at first glance.
Thorns is terrible overall, I doubt the remake changes that. Something that applies damage when you get hit is a terrible idea considering getting hit is deadly and bad at higher GR, the whole point is to avoid getting hit by kiting, controlling and killing quickly. The set doesn't even seem to provide you the tools to actually tank stuff, the damage reduction is on a ridiculously long cooldown(bombardment). Do crusaders even have a damage reduction legendary other than the falling sword one which is hardly usable without the falling sword set(and isn't even used for that cause it's dmg done reduced instead of damage taken reduced, so it doesn't affect a bunch of elite affixes). Seems really really bad, other than botting stuff with a own made shitty bot that just runs around.

Meanwhile DHs are getting a ring effect that reduces dmg by 60% after using vault/smokescreen/shadow power, which combines with the sets bonuses for a really really stupid amount of damage reduction? I mean Shadow Power gives 35% and then you get 60% on top for using it, that's like crazy, DHs are gonna be tanky as fuck. And you can still use the bracers that give 40%(I think? might be 30%) when using a primary. That's like the most defenses you can stack out of any class I think.

The DH stuff looks so good, can't wait to go back to DH.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thorns is terrible overall, I doubt the remake changes that. Something that applies damage when you get hit is a terrible idea considering getting hit is deadly and bad at higher GR, the whole point is to avoid getting hit by kiting, controlling and killing quickly. The set doesn't even seem to provide you the tools to actually tank stuff, the damage reduction is on a ridiculously long cooldown(bombardment). Do crusaders even have a damage reduction legendary other than the falling sword one which is hardly usable without the falling sword set(and isn't even used for that cause it's dmg done reduced instead of damage taken reduced, so it doesn't affect a bunch of elite affixes). Seems really really bad, other than botting stuff with a own made shitty bot that just runs around.

Meanwhile DHs are getting a ring effect that reduces dmg by 60% after using vault/smokescreen/shadow power, which combines with the sets bonuses for a really really stupid amount of damage reduction? I mean Shadow Power gives 35% and then you get 60% on top for using it, that's like crazy, DHs are gonna be tanky as fuck. And you can still use the bracers that give 40%(I think? might be 30%) when using a primary. That's like the most defenses you can stack out of any class I think.

The DH stuff looks so good, can't wait to go back to DH.
Bracers are 30-35% damage reduction and honestly if they want melee dh to be viable they needed to give them something like that. DH's even with the new bracers are still squishy as fuck, sure you can actually take a hit and survive now; but that is it, just a hit, you have to regen all your health before you can take another shot. Another 60% damage reduction may just make them more in line with a monk or barb now, which there really is no reason they can't be very close or as tanky as since it used to be the tradeoff was dhs did a ton of damage, but were squishy as fuck, but now monks/barbs do more damage AND have tons more survivability.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
DH currently are squishy but add a 60%DR ring to that, and that's quite a difference. Obviously, that comes at the huge cost of losing CoE, or F+R, so that's an interesting tradeoff.

Also, and it sounds weird, but it might be worth it using a shield on the new DH stuff? You can't equip 2H melee weapons, and while I think you can DW daggers, I'm not sure if you can DW dagger+xbow, I'd say probably not. That severely limits your options for weapons I think if you go with the new set. There's the Fan of Knives amazing dagger they're adding, but the rest of the daggers look fairly trash. I think you might be able to equip swords/axes/maces too? Not entirely sure and don't want to bother installing the game to check. If you can I guess the mini furnace 1H mace would be solid, though Fulminator or something might be better since aoe might be the weakness of the build, not killing elites. Still, I don't know how DW works with impale and shit but a shield, specifically the one that mitigates damage you block by like 60%(bounty shield or whatever) sounds like it could add some good defenses too. In general not worth using one though, we'll see.

Plus the set isn't really melee anyway. I mean, you use a melee weapon, but the abilities you use are still ranged. Fan of Knives isn't very large range, but impale can be used full screen, and you can vault for free everytime you impale with the new legendary, which means you can effectively kite an offscreen boss without running out of ressources(probably), with 35%movespeed and high life on hit from shadow power also. For FoK, since it stacks up to 30, what it sounds like is you can just wait until it's at ~25, vault "in"(as in mid range), FoK+impale which work at the same time, vault out, and the rest of the time you'd be staying far from stuff and impaling.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're going to allow 1H melee weapon and a quiver.

Barbs and monks can easily stack more DR. Common WW build has DR from 3 sources: IP, WoTW set, and unity. Then stack on top of that War Cry, Taeguk, melee class dr, dodge from wotb(maybe?), and maybe threatening shout.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Right barbs look ridiculous, and they're giving them a 60%DR ring too, because reasons. But still this is quite an improvement for DH since it lets you make a "tanky enough" build to progress higher, rather than rely on not getting hit by anything.

Looking at the summed up post on Diablofan, I kinda like what they're doing. Lots of new bounties so leveling/farming early will be less boring, better solo experience, more stash space, non set based builds for endgame, sounds pretty cool. Stash space especially is exciting cause it means I'll be able to play more classes in a given season more easily. That's 2 more tabs for 2.4 season(1 right away from gold and the other once season journey is done, in time for when I get bored of my first class choice), which is enough for a full class even with spare sets and stuff.

I just hope their fixes for the lag they said they had are actually going to do something, cause like Jade or Firebird are going to be unplayable otherwise, which sounds terrible. Maybe they have a new way to truncate numbers which they can hide with the new UI change to reduce damage to like millions/billions figures. Like say at low level it keeps the current precise numbers, but at 70 it stops sending info about whole numbers and instead does some rounding up and shit.