Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm talking about those scrolls you'd find and it would summon a rat or spider for 10m to pick up gold. The tech has clearly been there since the start its just strange it took years for them to finally reintroduce it.
But we can't take away from the DH pet?!

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
With many items providing huge skill bonuses, (up to +100 in some cases), adding more skill (or MFD) is definitely hitting diminishing returns, possibly enabling other things (for example, there may be better things than MFD to take as a DH cubed passive).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
A lot of ue dhs were already using thunderfury to proc slow over mfd. It allows you to use taeguk instead of iceblink or another chill skill increasing dps output and vastly increasing defense once you've had time to build stacks and once you do its pretty hard to drop them.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
At Grift 31 I got 6 legs, at 41-48 I got 7 legs, at 51-55 I got 8 legs. I think I see a pattern here, more loot early on particularly.

*edit*
Did a level 1 Grift and got 3 legs. So (don't know the cap), the number of legs for killing greater rift guardian seems to be #legs = 3 + int(grift_level / 10) or some such.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think a lot of the class skill legendary boosts may be aimed at the one-set-only set, to give you some options for that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
An alternative theory is that a lot of these hefty new legendaries, to new and existing builds, are to compensate for the SC Monk and 3 ZDPS meta getting nerfed while not actually feeling like a nerf in terms of progression.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I am wondering how feasible no set builds (apart from the 2 ring set with the ancient item and no-set set bonus) will be. A lot more, that's for sure. Could make a heck of a strafe DH now.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wastes is dead for now. Blue said they nerfed it not because of OP but because it was one of the reasons for server lag (lol). They are discussing ways to compensate. New barb flavor of the month is IK6/Raekors 4. Crits for over 30 billion.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did they screw up the scaling between APS and resource cost? I know it's not exactly linear now. I read that long post in the forums and the only valid complain he has is Zodiac procs(and possibly the resource costs).

[Barb] SIX Reasons To Reverse WW Nerf (Updated!) - Forums - Diablo III

Ah, nevermind, forgot about Mighty Weapon. Yeah, that would definitely hamper WW's resource management.
Dust devils only ticks twice, blood funnel healing is gimped, zodiacs can't maintain IP or WoTB, pain enhancer is no longer viable, and you can't use berserker rage anymore. It crippled the build in every fashion. I know they trying to come up with ways to adjust it, but how does such a massive nerf that wasn't even based on the build's power end up in game? Do these devs even play the game?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Dust devils only ticks twice, blood funnel healing is gimped, zodiacs can't maintain IP or WoTB, pain enhancer is no longer viable, and you can't use berserker rage anymore. It crippled the build in every fashion. I know they trying to come up with ways to adjust it, but how does such a massive nerf that wasn't even based on the build's power end up in game? Do these devs even play the game?
This is now or in 2.4?

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Missed soloing GR64 on my UE6 DH by 30 sec or so. Was a bad grift too (lots of assassins). Anywho, got 9 legs (there is currently no uber buff on PTR) so that's more evidence that you get 3 legs + one more per 10 complete levels past 0. Good times.

*edit, fixed typo

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Logged in and fixed myself up. Might farm some legendary shadow armor and tons of crafting mats.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure how much of a thing it will be over cubing Swiftmount for low level farming.
I think you can do both? The "speed farming" stuff for Crusader looks pretty shit though, relies on actually killing stuff with steed, which means you basically need a thorns build since the other runes do shit all for damage even on torment 7, and then you can only really run around if you're actively killing shit so it'll drop every now and then when there's no mobs/only elites or whatever. It sounds like way way worse than angry chicken which is basically the contrary, run as long as you want, only stop for stuff you want to kill(and was buffed a good amount too this patch).

I installed the PTR the other day, but I'm not sure I want to play it, I feel it'll reduce my hype once the patch actually releases and I won't play it that much. Maybe I should fuck around on a class I don't plan on playing like Wizard.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that seems more in line with what I expected. I think tweaking between 100 to 150% makes sense. Anything more is fucking stupid, considering you get more power than sets in general due to every piece of gear having a legendary affix(although some slots have shitty ones), while sets are always vanilla shit stats, other than one piece sometimes having a high % to a specific skill. If on top of that you have way way higher overall damage % increase, even counting F+R, that makes absolutely no sense balance wise. You should have the same % roughly, and the set bonuses are balanced with the legendary affixes. And you can't balance the thing around not having full ancients, which is what it feels they were doing. Cause obviously people will have full ancients, it doesn't take that long.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah that seems more in line with what I expected. I think tweaking between 100 to 150% makes sense. Anything more is fucking stupid, considering you get more power than sets in general due to every piece of gear having a legendary affix(although some slots have shitty ones), while sets are always vanilla shit stats, other than one piece sometimes having a high % to a specific skill. If on top of that you have way way higher overall damage % increase, even counting F+R, that makes absolutely no sense balance wise. You should have the same % roughly, and the set bonuses are balanced with the legendary affixes. And you can't balance the thing around not having full ancients, which is what it feels they were doing. Cause obviously people will have full ancients, it doesn't take that long.
Word in the thread is that the poopsockers were instantly in GR 95 with the 800% bonus, using their first available ancient items. Stuff with shit rolls like missing prime stat, or were just generally bad legos that happened to be ancient. Yeah, that needed a nerf.

It will probably end up somewhere between 100% and 200%.