Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing up season 5 on the PTR, started Crusader (invoker), playing Wizard at the moment.

I cannot fathom how LoN Thorns could be competitive. Is this before or after the snapshotting fix? I'm assuming it's the LoN/Heaven's Fury build?

Invoker thorns is just flat out broken as fuck (in a good way). Crusader is going to be in a very good spot if they don't fuck over the 6 piece in S5.
Abilities with runes that add thorn damage can crit the thorn portion. So, LoN thorns gears with typical affixes and kills primarily with bombardment and steed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No one can really predict what's gonna be best because no one really pushed every class to the limit. Barb support seems a must for any 4man progression, so if you wanted to climb the ladder, that'd definitely be the top pick since you'd farm the most paragon points to do solo leader or just group. That said unless you're also botting and playing 12+hours a day for the entire season(3months), you're not winning shit.

If your goal isn't leaderboards, then the class you pick doesn't matter for shit. Although in the past there's been some shitty classes to avoid(WD and Crusader in most seasons), there isn't this season it seems, everything seems fairly solid, so pick whatever.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What is taking them so long to announce the next expansion? There has to be one in the works right?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No one can really predict what's gonna be best because no one really pushed every class to the limit. Barb support seems a must for any 4man progression, so if you wanted to climb the ladder, that'd definitely be the top pick since you'd farm the most paragon points to do solo leader or just group. That said unless you're also botting and playing 12+hours a day for the entire season(3months), you're not winning shit.

If your goal isn't leaderboards, then the class you pick doesn't matter for shit. Although in the past there's been some shitty classes to avoid(WD and Crusader in most seasons), there isn't this season it seems, everything seems fairly solid, so pick whatever.
Thanks for the write up, yeah I'm not looking into setting any records, I think I've just played through every class except Crusader about twice already and if one looked a lot stronger that the rest this time around I would check it out. I think WW Barb has been the most fun I've had and Crusader has been the least so I'll probably go WW Barb again.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I will be interested to know if they'll actually explore adding expansions to D3 or just scrap it and move on to D4

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Based on time, I would say no expansion. But they are adding a lot of free map content to D3, which seems odd.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the write up, yeah I'm not looking into setting any records, I think I've just played through every class except Crusader about twice already and if one looked a lot stronger that the rest this time around I would check it out. I think WW Barb has been the most fun I've had and Crusader has been the least so I'll probably go WW Barb again.
Hmm while classes are fairly equal, builds aren't necessarily. Whirlwinds builds are especially kinda crappy because they tweaked some shit to reduce lag and it's pretty shit now, for GRs. Like it's great for farming T10 still, but not great for progressing, most barbs use raekor/IK or earthquake to do GRs, or support build for groups. To put it in perspective, the 2 builds do 80+(86max) but the first WW build does 76. Now PTR numbers aren't necessarily super accurate since people don't really test everything properly and shit since it gets wiped, but still that's a noticeable difference which would slow down progression a good bit since generally a build with a higher cap also has an easier time progressing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I thought they reverted that crippling nerf to WW? Still, of all the barb builds, it was the only one that didn't get a direct tweak or set upgrade.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Based on time, I would say no expansion. But they are adding a lot of free map content to D3, which seems odd.
I think they know they can't just drop D3 completely and then announce D4. That would probably sour a bunch of people. But their current roadmap is unmanageable with every season just adding new power creep via sets. You can't maintain that for too long. You could argue they could possibly fix some core problems with an expansion but at that point it would almost feel like D4 as much as a D3 expansion.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What is going to be the best class and build in this next season?
Arcane twister wizard, pull barb, impale DH, couple WD builds

Will definitely be tons of garbage builds and abilities that wouldn't work well in any build

o welp

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
As far as I know the game was planned with one more expansion in mind and they have never said they scrapped it. IMHO it's one of the only ways to sustain the game. After 3 or 4 more seasons they release an expansion which increases the level cap and adds new skills.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Trying to clean up all my stuff from last season. Really looking forward to a new tab and earning another.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would love for an addon that compared items to your stash and mules. I just salvaged all my stuff from S4 instead of going through it all.