Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Barb this season is kind of funny. At least for leapquake. It kind of removes the entire point of Fury. It is Leap x 3, Boulder Toss, Ground Slam, Avalance, Boulder Toss, Leap x 3. You just keep doing that over and over again. There is no give/take from fury its just resetting cooldowns via dumping all fury via BT.

Though it does look like IK+Raekor's is top of the leaderboards

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Fun Chakram build.

Get Traveller's Pledge, CoE for jewelry. Dawn or Sword of Ill will for weapon (use cube passive for whichever you don't use), Bombadier's Rucksack. Six piece Maurauder.

Use Sentry (Polar station), Vault, Companion, Vengeance(Seethe), Preparation or MFD, Companion and Chakram(Serpentine). Other passives are Aquilae Cuirass and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Perma uptime on Vengeance, faster turret charges, faster Prep reset. Whatever bracer you think you like best. Cold elemental obviously, passives are Blood Vengeance, Cull the Weak, Custom Engineering and either Ambush or Awareness. Note that you can't go with free chakram passive instead of dawn as free chakram does not work with the Obsidian Ring.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The wand of woh / ingeom wizard build is impressive and can kill stuff fast, sure, but it's not good for farming in reality. The build requires you to basically non-stop move and seek out elites to keep the buff rolling, which leaves little to no time to actually loot your drops (you know, the reason you're farming in the first place). I far prefer just using disintegrate with 6tal/4fire. I still 1 shot everything, and kill elite packs in under 2 seconds on T10, but stopping to pickup drops doesn't hinder me in any way. The build I run to farm t10 on wizard is in spoiler if interested:

Cube: Aetherwalker, mantle of channeling, ring of grandeur
Gems: Boon of hoarder, bane of trapped, pain enhancer
Weapon: deathwish
Belt: hergbrash's binding
Bracer: nemesis
Rings: convention of elements, halo of arlyse
Remaining: Mix/match 6 talrasha and 4 firebird (with grandeur)

Swapping cube stuff is fine like wearing aetherwalker and cubing deathwish instead, etc.

Skills: disintegrate (convergence)
teleport (calamity)
blackhole (supermassive)
explosive blast (obliterate)
magic weapon (force)
ice armor (crystalize)

passives: blur, audacity, illusionist, astral presence

gameplay: cast first 4 spells once to start tals buff, cycle teleport/disintegrate to keep it rolling.

my character, though I don't always log out as this spec:Zio

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I"m the biggest idiot in the world. I had leveled up with no problem. Spent a day at the hospital and they gave me some doozy drugs. Played all day and couldn't figure out why I couldn't even do the lowest greater rifts, like GR2. I guess I was so out of it from the drugs I was reading the scale backwards. Getting ticked I was never going to finish when actually I was way ahead in time. Good thing I didn't drive.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So was pushing GRs on my Impale build, taking breaks every now and then. Only 4 keys left, I'm on 67, might be able to do it. Do rift, absolute garbage trash mobs everywhere, don't finish, eh whatever first failed rift. Try again, kinda garbage mobs but not too bad, still can't get it done. Try again, still pretty shitty mobs and like no pylons for 2levels and a half, getting angry now. Keep dying and shit. Last key, strong rift, just a lot of big mobs and not a fuckton of shitty ass summoning mobs and whatever the shit, getting good progress, quite ahead, then change level, shit mobs, start dying again.

And then it strikes me, as I'm looking at the death screen for like the 20th time in the past hour. I've been dying without ever getting my proc. And after the surprise, the rage. I swapped my cheat death proc to do a bounty run inbetween GRs because I wanted to try to reroll my marauder crossbow, and I forgot to switch it back, and I somehow hadn't noticed. I still got it done, but yeah, don't play shadow spec without cheat death, it fucking sucks. Also fuck all the mobs that summon a bunch of shit stuff constantly.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I was able to do a GR68 in barely over 10 minutes np, and then hit a brick wall with GR69. I think 69 is the point when the game says "lol, ok ok here let's make every single pack orbital and arcane and make all the maps blow in density and design". There's no reason completing a GR68 and barely being touched in 10 minutes without issue that I can't do a 69 or 70, but I tried 10 times to do a 69 and the best I did was beat a rift boss about 10 seconds late. Just getting awful rolls, really for mob types (bogans that stand far away and attack from distance + exarches and their electricity with ghosts and succubuses), and maps (caves, small density, etc).

I'll get it though. I'm pretty sure my current build can tap out at GR71-72 atm if I get a good roll on the start.

I like Akarat's shield better than Votoyas. The amoujnt of procs of the cool down is amazing.

My question though is - it says you can have a "max block chance" of 75%, but like justice lantern says you gain damage resistance X percent of your block chance. However, my block chance reads at 89%. Does that function based on the 89% or the 75%?

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Got solo 83 last night as Firebats doc for rank 4 NS. Going to try for rank 1 gr 84 tonight. Gargs start dying at 83. Also Rank 9 in 2's (5th place team) using barb/Firebats

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is the easiest way as Crusader to get the blood brother 2h? Is there one specific class that would have a better shot at cube gambling rares to get it?

Borzak

Guess I'm ready for farm mode now. Got my 6 pices of quake armor, got my lut socks cubed, got my earthquake blade. Earthquakes out the ass lol.

Borzak

They are pretty nice. At work they used them for some peoples desktop with a docking station.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Got solo 83 last night as Firebats doc for rank 4 NS. Going to try for rank 1 gr 84 tonight. Gargs start dying at 83. Also Rank 9 in 2's (5th place team) using barb/Firebats
That's pretty impressive. I'm playing WD this season (been playing monk since beta..) and I'm struggling to be honest. I'm currently rocking a chicken build which is beyond fun but it doesn't seem to be the most effective unless I have helltooths which I don't have.

Nice job though, goddamn

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If all you wiz nerds are looking for a farm build that's less clunky than the stupid wand of woh one, give this a try:

Shar - Community - Diablo III

It's Tals using Aether Walker + infinite arcane power from Delsere to have infinite teleports. Teleports that also stun enemies and can be use to hard lock packs while meteors rain on them from the sky. I absolutely wreck t10 with this currently and it's way more fun than any other wizard build I've messed with just because you have actually unlimited teleports. You can even use it for group play and greater rifts by swapping a bit of gear around. Replace Occulus with that ice armor ring, and bracers with Parthan Defenders (mass stuns+freeze from teleport/ice armor = mass damage reduction) and you'll feel pretty immortal all the way up to mid 60 greater rifts.

It's not gonna push the crazy greater numbers like Magnum set does, but it's way more fun.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Nice, thanks for that link, Kyougou.

Here I am so farRexie - Community - Diablo III

Need mooooar CDR though.
frown.png

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I don't understand why everyone takes Spiked Barding for their horse rune. Anything above like T8 you won't kill with Spiked Barding unless you ride back and forth through them.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why everyone takes Spiked Barding for their horse rune. Anything above like T8 you won't kill with Spiked Barding unless you ride back and forth through them.
No idea either. That's an even more trivial source of damage than bombardment, and it just slows down your clear speed as you lose a third of your 'sprinting' time between packs. The only way it's practical is if you can guarantee you are blocking all the time while using the horse, in which case Akarat's Awakening would reduce the cooldown to nothing. What happens if you end up needing to backtrack through a cleared area though? No thanks.

In other news, Invoker 6pc is apparently wildly inconsistent in what is allowed to increase the damage it deals.

Invoker Interactions : Diablo3Crusaders

TL;DR --
Phys % on items = NO.
CoE in cube = YES.
Furnace in cube = NO.
Bane of the Stricken = YES.
Vo'Toyias' Spiker + Provoke = NO.
AE Damage on items = NO.
Hack = Unknown.
Bane of the Powerful = Unknown. (It's possible that the base effect works but the +15% elite dmg at Rank 25 does nothing for 6pc.)

Take with grain of salt since a lot of that was PTR testing, but since some of the testing was done in S5 and results are still inconsistent I'd say it's likely that nothing changed. Also remember that 6pc is by far the largest source of damage but it's not the ONLY source.

My suggestions would be:
Reroll AR on Justice Lantern to CDR.
Drop Amythysts for Rubies in legs, reroll Smite% to Armor.
Reroll Move Speed on boots to VIT. You lose 130 STR (after Finery) in your Paragon, and gain up to 650 VIT.
Reroll crit on bracers to either LPH or Phys%.
If sheet CDR is still under 50%, maybe consider switching gloves from IAS to CDR. If it's super close, you could squeeze out 2% more CDR on shoulders too.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I had every item for my build within 24 hours of the new season, and the only thing left then was to grind paragon levels and ancient versions of the same items. Left me feeling like, why bother? With every patch, D3 improves mechanically and becomes increasingly shallow and easy. I was doing GR65 the same night that I created my character. It just felt like I was using cheat codes in a single-player game, with the same almost immediate loss of interest that results from doing so.

I looked at the leaderboard the day after the new season started and somebody was past paragon 1000 already. The game has become too silly and hasn't got even a shred of its Diablo soul left, which is unfortunate because it was finally becoming good with RoS. Do most people actually want everything handed to them with no effort whatsoever? Are they catering to an audience that exists? I suppose they must be, I just can't imagine what the appeal is.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You got absurdly lucky and are ready to quit because you're bored.

I've spent ~30k shards and hundreds of DBs trying to get one fucking item, and I'm ready to quit because it's just as frustrating as ever.

RNGesus goes both ways.