Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I had every item for my build within 24 hours of the new season, and the only thing left then was to grind paragon levels and ancient versions of the same items. Left me feeling like, why bother? With every patch, D3 improves mechanically and becomes increasingly shallow and easy. I was doing GR65 the same night that I created my character. It just felt like I was using cheat codes in a single-player game, with the same almost immediate loss of interest that results from doing so.

I looked at the leaderboard the day after the new season started and somebody was past paragon 1000 already. The game has become too silly and hasn't got even a shred of its Diablo soul left, which is unfortunate because it was finally becoming good with RoS. Do most people actually want everything handed to them with no effort whatsoever? Are they catering to an audience that exists? I suppose they must be, I just can't imagine what the appeal is.
I call BS. The top 4 man right now has one player at 1001 paragons, everyone else is in the 900's....

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had every item for my build within 24 hours of the new season, and the only thing left then was to grind paragon levels and ancient versions of the same items. Left me feeling like, why bother? With every patch, D3 improves mechanically and becomes increasingly shallow and easy. I was doing GR65 the same night that I created my character. It just felt like I was using cheat codes in a single-player game, with the same almost immediate loss of interest that results from doing so.

I looked at the leaderboard the day after the new season started and somebody was past paragon 1000 already. The game has become too silly and hasn't got even a shred of its Diablo soul left, which is unfortunate because it was finally becoming good with RoS. Do most people actually want everything handed to them with no effort whatsoever? Are they catering to an audience that exists? I suppose they must be, I just can't imagine what the appeal is.
You mean 24 hours played right? I can understand it looking like a cheat code, because you got carried for a bunch of it. I got carried through GR 55 early on also, it was pretty nice to get that done, but I realize I didn't contribute shit to my run either.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No idea either. That's an even more trivial source of damage than bombardment, and it just slows down your clear speed as you lose a third of your 'sprinting' time between packs. The only way it's practical is if you can guarantee you are blocking all the time while using the horse, in which case Akarat's Awakening would reduce the cooldown to nothing. What happens if you end up needing to backtrack through a cleared area though? No thanks.

In other news, Invoker 6pc is apparently wildly inconsistent in what is allowed to increase the damage it deals.

Invoker Interactions : Diablo3Crusaders

TL;DR --
Phys % on items = NO.
CoE in cube = YES.
Furnace in cube = NO.
Bane of the Stricken = YES.
Vo'Toyias' Spiker + Provoke = NO.
AE Damage on items = NO.
Hack = Unknown.
Bane of the Powerful = Unknown. (It's possible that the base effect works but the +15% elite dmg at Rank 25 does nothing for 6pc.)

Take with grain of salt since a lot of that was PTR testing, but since some of the testing was done in S5 and results are still inconsistent I'd say it's likely that nothing changed. Also remember that 6pc is by far the largest source of damage but it's not the ONLY source.

My suggestions would be:
Reroll AR on Justice Lantern to CDR.
Drop Amythysts for Rubies in legs, reroll Smite% to Armor.
Reroll Move Speed on boots to VIT. You lose 130 STR (after Finery) in your Paragon, and gain up to 650 VIT.
Reroll crit on bracers to either LPH or Phys%.
If sheet CDR is still under 50%, maybe consider switching gloves from IAS to CDR. If it's super close, you could squeeze out 2% more CDR on shoulders too.
Vorph, does Phys% do nothing at all for us then? Because right now I have 20% on neck and 20% on bracer. The neck was a really nice ancient as well, it had crit % which I rerolled to a socket so it is Vit, STR, Phys 20% and socket.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No idea either. That's an even more trivial source of damage than bombardment, and it just slows down your clear speed as you lose a third of your 'sprinting' time between packs. The only way it's practical is if you can guarantee you are blocking all the time while using the horse, in which case Akarat's Awakening would reduce the cooldown to nothing. What happens if you end up needing to backtrack through a cleared area though? No thanks.
Was going to ask how do you use Norvalds + Thorns to speed clear T10 but then I noticed I had forgotten they redesigned it. I was remembering the first incarnation where you increased the duration of Steed for kills while riding. I could never get that version of Norvalds to work smoothly on T10, just not enough damage from Spiked Barding.

The new version plays better, but seems kinda redundant. Any crusader build is going to have moderate to heavy amounts of CDR. 5s of Steed + Lord Commander is enough to reset to the skill pretty much all the time. The cooldown reduction per kill seems almost pointless.

Phys % works on everything EXCEPT Invoker 6pc it seems. Still seems worth a primary affix. Area Damage is the same way, however it was designed to translate Invoker 6pc to multiple targets is making me consider other primary affixes. Everything else that AD works on for Invoker builds is already strong at AEing.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
This one just dropped for me. I think thats the best roll i have ever had. Feels good. Now i only need another Ramaldins.

rrr_img_123523.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was going to ask how do you use Norvalds + Thorns to speed clear T10 but then I noticed I had forgotten they redesigned it. I was remembering the first incarnation where you increased the duration of Steed for kills while riding. I could never get that version of Norvalds to work smoothly on T10, just not enough damage from Spiked Barding.
Spiked Barding is fine for speed clearing bounties and rifts, we're talking about people pushing GRs though. I can see it being ok for LoN builds, but it just doesn't make any sense for Invoker.

Vorph, does Phys% do nothing at all for us then? Because right now I have 20% on neck and 20% on bracer. The neck was a really nice ancient as well, it had crit % which I rerolled to a socket so it is Vit, STR, Phys 20% and socket.
Assuming the post is correct, it's just 6pc that it doesn't work on. Phys% boosts normal thorns (like getting hit) damage. Rerolling off crit/chd is still the way to go, so you didn't screw up that amulet either way.

Bracer is still probably ideal with phys%/str/vit/lph | thorns/whatever.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a build that can use spiked barding + lord commander and just ride around non stop that would actually do enough damage to kill mobs in a t10 rift? That might be kind of fun if so. Also I finally got the Vtoya Spiker shield to drop last night and of course two dropped within a few minutes of each other. Is that worth using in any build right now?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Been playing since season started and still have only found 2 pieces of helltooth.. please RNG gods help me out here

I've gotten about 8 full sets of Jade Harvesters though. crying forever

Vorph

Is there a build that can use spiked barding + lord commander and just ride around non stop that would actually do enough damage to kill mobs in a t10 rift? That might be kind of fun if so. Also I finally got the Vtoya Spiker shield to drop last night and of course two dropped within a few minutes of each other. Is that worth using in any build right now?
Not if it doesn't work on the 6pc. Ancient one might possibly be useful with LoN, not sure about that.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if there's mathematically a way to get your thorns high enough to kill mobs in T10 with Spiked Barding. According that reddit post linked, you do roughly 2.5 times your actual reflect damage (the number you see when mobs hit you) per tick of Spiked Barding. At T7, that means your thorns needs to be returning at least 60M damage, which IS doable but that's actually still pretty high on the scale. Going up to T10 I can only imagine how bonkers your thorns damage would have to be.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished GR70 on Shadow and then started finishing the journey shit, unlocked the stash tab, working on last step. Only need to level gems to 65 and do one more conquest(which I can do easily, either set masteries for my wizard or monk or I just do 1hour story run with Danetta) and I'll have finished the season journey.

Shadow was fun, but it gets really shitty once you're at like 65+. Any floor with certain mob types have to be skipped unless you're lucky and there's an elite pack in like a room on their own or whatever(and assuming the elites aren't stupid mob types too). Would have had a much easier time with UE or Marauder, but I felt like I should try to get it done on Shadow instead.

I'll be finishing my set masteries shit tomorrow probably and I'm done with Diablo for this season. Was quite a lot faster than last season, the free set definitely cut down in that time a lot. Hope they come up with some new stuff next season as it got a bit boring now.

Edit: And the GR70 video if people want to watch that:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Actually, I had it on because I was doing some T6 powerleveling, and yes just running through the mobs kills them. The sheet hasn't updated but I usually use the +1 second.

Phys % on items = NO.
Partially incorrect. Phys % does not affect thorns, but it DOES affect it when Iron skin is on from my understanding.

Vo'Toyias' Spiker + Provoke = NO.
Yes, this was a huge disappointment.

My suggestions would be:
Reroll AR on Justice Lantern to CDR.
Drop Amythysts for Rubies in legs, reroll Smite% to Armor.
Reroll Move Speed on boots to VIT. You lose 130 STR (after Finery) in your Paragon, and gain up to 650 VIT.
Reroll crit on bracers to either LPH or Phys%.
If sheet CDR is still under 50%, maybe consider switching gloves from IAS to CDR. If it's super close, you could squeeze out 2% more CDR on shoulders too.
Thansk! I already had replaced the gems in the legs to rubies, just link didnt update yet. I'll work on the rest of the suggestions.

Vorph

Right, phys% affects everything thorns related except 6pc Invoker. Which unfortunately is our largest damage source by a huge margin. Normal thorns damage helps kill trash though, so phys% is fine on amulet/bracers. It just means that Doombringer and Lidless Wall are not viable alternatives to Pig Sticker/Hack and Akarat's Awakening.

Finally got my AA this morning. Of course everything about it is garbage except for 31% block chance, but I can do the first couple rerolls just on shields that I've salvaged.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crusaders board has a bunch of people saying you actually clear grifts faster using enchantress or no follower at all. I hadn't even considered either of those two options.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Enchantress is attack speed and armor. Much better then anything the Templar offers. Scoundrel has a stun on a stick which isn't the worst thing ever. Generally you want the Templar for the regen but since Invokers isn't using any resource there is no need for it.

Is there actually a benefit to not having a follower?

Vorph

Crusaders board has a bunch of people saying you actually clear grifts faster using enchantress or no follower at all. I hadn't even considered either of those two options.
That would mean killing trash though, I still feel like fastest clears are just riding the horse from elite to elite.