Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Archon is dead unless Blizz changes the recently discovered on PTR. Another 3 months of throwing twisters at the wall. People pissed as fuck on the forums the last 2 days
Twister is the most boring build in D3. Fuck. I thought they nurfed Twister from being viable in this season?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Twister is the most boring build in D3. Fuck. I thought they nurfed Twister from being viable in this season?
I haven't really kept up with this season changes at all but when I checked reddit a couple days ago, one of the top post was how Twister was still OP as fuck in groups and how Blizzard sucks at nerfing things efficiently. They remove orb generation altogether and nerfed something with Archon that was combined, but they didn't mess up with twister enough and the post was lamenting the fact it's gonna be 3supports+1wiz again or whatever.

I'm actually kinda looking into the game atm but this season still looks as boring as when it was first revealed, and it doesn't seem like there's much new stuff to do at all. Even the build mostly sound the same, which sounds kinda boring as fuck. I'm trying to pick a class but not sure what I should go with, I don't like barbs, monks and crusaders still look boring/clunky so don't care too much, I don't think I want to play DH again since it was my main in S5 and I played a variety of the builds, so probably WD or Wiz. I did WD in S4 so maybe Wiz, I'll wait for the inevitable viable build posts with videos and shit to figure it out, but from the looks of it Wiz is kinda boring so I might go WD.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I just remembered the season ended and a new one was starting soon, so I logged in to consolidate all my goodies onto chars. Which made me kind of antsy to do something, so for some ungodly reason I decided to do set dungeons.

I know we talked about it already but fuck man. I'm annoyed all over again. I was doing the shadow's bane hunter one; I cobbled together a shitty spec with weird items (Envious blade, pride's fall cubed, krelm's belt, etc, with prep - punishment and NO skill on my main click; gotta say it's annoying only some of the hate generators work with daggers) and went at it. I use main attack to smack the skeletons with shields and then impale.

I'm doing all the objectives but ending with approx 20 mobs left when timer ends. And I can see them; I'm not missing any, since I went into any corners so all I have to do is be faster.

I think to finish UE dungeon I'm just going to grab a zdps monk to vacuum mobs and move them, and for shadow dungeon just have someone follow me and kill things behind me after I've impaled.

It looks like they did change some of them already once the season ended, but these are still ungodly annoying. And so many of them have so little to do with the sets. It's beyond frustrating.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck the UE set dungeon. After fucking with it solo one morning for a few hours, I just went and did the Natalaya's one for the journey. They really need to improve set dungeons. A lot.

My goal is a stash this season. I started too late last season, but to be honest, I'm not sure I really need that anyway. I'm a casual that spends most of my time duo-ing or trio-ing with friends. Could give fuck all about leaderboards.

I'm starting with wiz then probably boosting my crusader. Never played wiz so should be fun.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
My goal is a stash this season. I started too late last season, but to be honest, I'm not sure I really need that anyway. I'm a casual that spends most of my time duo-ing or trio-ing with friends. Could give fuck all about leaderboards.
Also in for the stash to support my hoarding habit.

Caeden

Also in for the stash to support my hoarding habit.
Yup. My actual house? Spotless. Minimalist. My vidya game inventories? EVERYHING IS THE PRECIOUS!

I'll readily admit that conquests look daunting. I topped out at GR 55ish and 402 para last season before I got bored with my dh and monk. I really don't have the time to devote like I used to. Well, I do. Just choosing other games/etc. I got Avarice this past season out of sheer luck. We'll see. Those neph rifts in 2 mins seem fucking impossible. We tried one with both having Wraps and splitting up. Still didn't make the boss die in time.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup. My actual house? Spotless. Minimalist. My vidya game inventories? EVERYHING IS THE PRECIOUS!
Truth.

I'm thinking DH is the efficient path this season. M6 is viable for farming and GRifts, it gives you instant access to high torment when you get 6 piece, and doesn't require unicorn items/rolls around the set to GRift decently.

Can anyone make a case for a different class being more efficient? I'd like some input, may have blinders on here since I'm comfortable with M6 play.

Caeden

Amazingly that's the only set I've never tried on dh, but I'm looking for more trying something new after playing so much DH.

The monk set isn't bad. It does require some crudest boots and Lefjdkdu shoulders IMO to be easy enough in t6+.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
The monk set isn't bad. It does require some crudest boots and Lefjdkdu shoulders IMO to be easy enough in t6+.
In non-seasonal, I put together a pretty fun T10 build using Inna's 6 & Sunwuko 2 (see profile in sig). But it requires a lot of specific drops and doesn't hold up for GRifting.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Truth.

I'm thinking DH is the efficient path this season. M6 is viable for farming and GRifts, it gives you instant access to high torment when you get 6 piece, and doesn't require unicorn items/rolls around the set to GRift decently.

Can anyone make a case for a different class being more efficient? I'd like some input, may have blinders on here since I'm comfortable with M6 play.
UE6 for DH is _amazing_ for farming this coming season, they doubled its dps.

It is also going to take you into the 70s no problem this coming season (I solo'd to 70 between LAST season and the PREVIOUS season in UE6 and could have went higher).

Caeden

UE6 for DH is _amazing_ for farming this coming season, they doubled its dps.

It is also going to take you into the 70s no problem this coming season (I solo'd to 70 between LAST season and the PREVIOUS season in UE6 and could have went higher).
Goddamn it. I wanted to get away from playing so much dh....

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, UE is gonna be great, though it was always fairly good, just because of it's spread and efficiency.

Mara's isn't super bad, but it feels like WoW shaman - when I was running around doing the dungeons yesterday, I'd zone in somewhere with no turrets and have zero dps and be like "well, fuck". "Guys, give me two seconds to set like 5 turrets up, that cool?"

"Yea, np, we gotta call wingstop for Diabs anyways, let us know when you're ready."

When everything is set it's super sweet though.

I'll readily admit that conquests look daunting. I topped out at GR 55ish and 402 para last season before I got bored with my dh and monk. I really don't have the time to devote like I used to. Well, I do. Just choosing other games/etc. I got Avarice this past season out of sheer luck. We'll see. Those neph rifts in 2 mins seem fucking impossible. We tried one with both having Wraps and splitting up. Still didn't make the boss die in time.
The timed neph rifts are nearly impossible without a 4 man. We did the 3 min the season prior with 3 people but it was very, very close. 4 people and you split and kill everything. (Obviously you don't loot anything.) Generally, you pray for an outdoor map with high density. (And if you're specifically doing that achievement, you either keep resetting till you get a map, or commit to clearing a shitty one and retrying.)

And don't be too intimidated by conquests. They sound harder than they are. Last season they raised solo rift to 70, but 70 is the new 50 and is probably only a few hours of playtime more than you're used to.

The avarice one for example was easily decimated by opening a cow level with a boon of the hoarder; most of them have a trick or a much easier way of doing them they takes a bit of the sting out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm the 3mins last season was pretty easy to do solo. It was harder the season before though(but still doable), powercreep and all that, but outgearing T10 that you one shot even elites didn't take nearly as much effort, and then it was a matter of finding a decent enough rift for it(high density, high elite numbers, relatively open maps). Can take a while, but not bad.

2mins on the other hand is annoying as shit, and I'd call that one borderline impossible without a group. There's obviously a very large difference between 2 and 3mins. Might be doable on some builds and a lot of good RNG(I'm thinking like that explosion wizard build that kills everything without having to stop, possibly WD chicken+autocast locust arachyr with the buff, this kind of stuff, but I think like UE6 multi DH for example would be too slow due to the constant stuttering to kill stuff, even if the clearspeed is insane in general).

That said just like every season, you don't need to do all the conquests, thank god, so you can skip that shit one. You still need a 3mins clear for the last step of the season journey for the stash tab, but I've done it the past 2 seasons and it's doable with any class nowadays, even Crusader which I think had trouble before they made all the S5 changes.

List of conquests:
1. Complete a T10 rift within 2 minutes
2. Level 3 legendary gems to 65
3. Reach Greater Rift 75 solo
4. Kill 350+ monsters in T10 Cursed Chest event
5. Kill all bosses on T10 in under 20 minutes

And the same in HC obviously. Out of these, reaching GR solo and leveling gems are the easiest and most natural to complete, which leaves one to pick out of the other 3 to get the 3 conquests season journey objective.

The kill 350+ monsters in a cursed chest sounds kinda hard to do solo, although it'd depend on your build maybe? That sounds like a lot of mobs though, you'd need very high damage and very high aoe at the same time. Something like UE or Marauder DH(with multishot) for example would clear the entire screen over and over easily, while some other builds would have more trouble due to not having as much reach(thinking most WD builds for example don't have nearly as large constant aoes).

The kill all bosses was used during S4 and was fairly easy, however it was under 30mins back then, I think I took about 24mins on my WD on my first try. It seems like it'd be doable solo, but only with very high movement, and also a very high damage build to kill the bosses instantly. It is however extremely easy to do in a group, even of 2 people, since a large part of the time spent on this conquest is finding shit like the act5 bosses location. Still I think classes with very high movement speed like DH/WD/Wiz and potentially Crusader are at a major advantage, while monk/barb would have a lot more trouble even though they have decent movespeed, since the key is finding stuff.

And finally the 2mins one which I think you'd need at least 3 or 4people to do AND fish for rifts. Definitely the useless one unless you're just rifting in groups to begin with, then you can just kinda get it while farming for keys.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Soloed TX in under 2 minutes with a blessed shield crusader last season. Didn't take that much RNG, just had to get the circular high density desert map.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Suppose it's a little disappointing to hear the free Monk set is kinda garbage. Since you probably have to level 2 characters for season journey anyway, maybe I should start as DH or WD and then farm up monk after. Will have to look into it some more I guess.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So a bit more bitching about set dungeons; I'm really amazed at the disparity between them. I mean, they're not difficult in the real definition of the word. They're difficult because they rely on gimmicky bullshit or comboing things in weird ways etc.

The first dungeon I did was the invoker set for crusader and that thing was balls easy. I did it first try. I did the IK dungeon last night and blew through it instantly. It's made exactly for that set.

Then I went to might of the earth, and got super fucked just because the earthquake cooldown is so long, (though war cry with blade of tribes bonus also works) and I find myself with the elite frozen in the leap taking dmg and no way to finish off the combo. So he dies before I can get it off. I downgraded some gear, but it works against you unequipping too much, since you ideally want trash mobs walking into the freeze and just dying to keep the timer up. (Have to freeze and kill one mob every 10 seconds for a minute.)

The other issue is either a delay on GDC or too many abilities queued, as I'll hit leap, then stomp, and then earthquake, but the stomp won't have gone off.

The green wings are the only ones I don't have but holyyyyyyy hellllll.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You high, Amzin? Inna's is a fuckton of awesome. Once you reroll staff to ancient and get Crudest Boots it is just a giant wtfpwn on TX on up as high as you want to take it.