Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What weapon do I drop for In-Geom?
I think I usually see people drop the +stacks one and just be slightly more cautious about spamming. It kind of soft caps your attack speed unless you have way more crit chance than you should, but for speed farming all you care about is packs anyway and you should be able to gib them in very few casts, or you're at too high a difficulty for your dps.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably the Torch in cube since you have ancient Vengeful Wind, and the regen from perma-Epiphany should make up for the loss of Bells RCR. Might be iffy if you also want to swap in Goldwrap for Cindercoat though, you'd have to test it.

Edit: Crudest Boots definitely required for that too.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Archangel's staff of apocalypse + kings sword of haste, the nostalgia from the anniversary dungeon is real... till you look at the stats of the items :(

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, I remember when I got an apoc staff before I learned how to dupe that had 100 charges. The most fun I had in Diablo of any of the three games. Shit everywhere was blowing up!

Crone

Nice. Torch should go in the cube though, otherwise you lose either the bells fist or Vengeful Wind.
I've equipped the Torch, and then put Kyoshira's Soul, or whatever, in the cube. While I guess Diablo Fans has gone down the shitter, that's what the top guide for the Bells build suggested. I agree that it loses then Vengeful Wind, which would be nice, but I feel you don't really need it. Just get used to staying at ranged, and away from everything. If stuff jumps on you, Dash away.

The Vengeful Wind is absolutely required for an LTK build though, because you have to get all up close to even do damage. I actually think that build is more fun, but without Vengeful Wind, you spend too much time running away refreshing Sweeping Wind stacks.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Was trying the bats build for WD. While it feels like I do good damage, even missing belt +ring/neck combo, I feel squishy as fuck. Literally any magic damage one shots and I am using the extra res per enemy around you passive , with most gear having a secondary res on it, all res on a few peices and all res gems. And it's only like t8.

Crone

Man, I remember when I got an apoc staff before I learned how to dupe that had 100 charges. The most fun I had in Diablo of any of the three games. Shit everywhere was blowing up!
Sounds similar to the hacked wreath of lightning gems that started making their way to ps4 finally from ps3 versions of the game. Back when grifts first came out you could go all the way to grift 100 just having shit blow up everywhere. Was awesome!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cinge Cinge Got any way to stun/freeze mobs? APDs have been a great boost to my toughness since adding them. I thought I was going to need halo of arlyse as well, but I'm pretty sure I can push to GR70 with my current setup(F+R) since I did GR65 in 4 minutes.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds similar to the hacked wreath of lightning gems that started making their way to ps4 finally from ps3 versions of the game. Back when grifts first came out you could go all the way to grift 100 just having shit blow up everywhere. Was awesome!
Duping and hacking became a thing. Eventually I had an unlimited Apoc staff but it wasn't the same as the one I found. That's when I decided I would never hack or dupe in a game, it loses the exhilaration of earning stuff.

Crone

Duping and hacking became a thing. Eventually I had an unlimited Apoc staff but it wasn't the same as the one I found. That's when I decided I would never hack or dupe in a game, it loses the exhilaration of earning stuff.
Oh absolutely. I had a good group of friends that we were all having a blast in Diablo. Then we all succumbed to the dark side of duping, and it was just a couple weeks before we all had best in slot, and we all quit soon after.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't even think I knew what best in slot was. I played with just my buds and didn't look anything up. I wasn't a min maxer at that point.

Crone

Just heard Season 10 will be on consoles as well. Somehow figured out how to bring seasons to console, or just don't give a fuck about cheating?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What's a Manald Heal, Precious?

Plevel in the mid to high 300s, only 2 Ancient Parthons (from gambling) with utterly bad rolls for lightning. 2 gifts, 0 Traveler's Pledges, 0 Manald Heals. A million of the stupid ancient items set rings.

Vorph

That build makes no sense to me, mixing fire and phys damage and just gearing for the phys part.

Just use the fire DoT rune and gear for fire% imo. Like Monk Lashing Tail Kick Build with the Sunwuko set (Patch 2.4.3 / Season 9) or dig up Quin's version from last season on dfans.

I've got the opposite problem. RNGesus decided I needed all the stuff for bells instead of LTK, so now I'm playing that. It's not bad, does TX pretty fast, but it definitely does not scale well compared to LTK. The moment it takes more than 1-2 bells to kill anything other than the RG things slow way down. I don't think I'm going to keep chasing after the LTK gear though; I've got almost everything for a generator build now too and I know that's going to end up being a lot better than either of the Sunwuko builds in the long run.

Last edited:

Crone

That build makes no sense to me, mixing fire and phys damage and just gearing for the phys part.

Just use the fire DoT rune and gear for fire% imo. Like Monk Lashing Tail Kick Build with the Sunwuko set (Patch 2.4.3 / Season 9) or dig up Quin's version from last season on dfans.

I've got the opposite problem. RNGesus decided I needed all the stuff for bells instead of LTK, so now I'm playing that. It's not bad, does TX pretty fast, but it definitely does not scale well compared to LTK. The moment it takes more than 1-2 bells to kill anything other than the RG things slow way down. I don't think I'm going to keep chasing after the LTK gear though; I've got almost everything for a generator build now too and I know that's going to end up being a lot better than either of the Sunwuko builds in the long run.
Missing just In-Geom or Scarbringer in order to switch from Bells to LTK. At first Bells is awesome. Like hell yea, ranged DPS and things just blow up, but then you realize it's really not great at all. :(

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider

Quinn's build usually recommends physical kick. It's way easier to keep stacks up with the bigger AoE and the vast majority of damage comes from the kick, the bonus to the fireball is irrelevant.