Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking A, monks are squishy as shit. This isn't new, but finally got Scarbringer so I loaded up the Sunwuko's LTK build, and it's bad ass. I'm flying through TX rifts, and it's great. Then I pop into a Grift 60 with a buddy DH , and I can hardly move without falling over. Change out some passives, and gems, to gain toughness.... sitting at 43M toughness when sweeping winds is up, and I'm still falling over... I don't get it. I don't know how to not just fall over dead.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ancient yang's, even a poorly rolled one, was a pretty significant power boost...
Yeah, took me awhile to get a restraint and of course I get another one about 5m after I find my first. But about 5m after that I found a decent enough ancient yang's.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well I completed the season journey. Doubt I'm going to get much higher than GR 70 without serious farming and augmenting. Doesn't help I don't don't have a fully group this season due to burnout.

I'm hoping they monetize D3 with cosmetics or something so they actually give a shit about the game.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Fucking A, monks are squishy as shit. This isn't new, but finally got Scarbringer so I loaded up the Sunwuko's LTK build, and it's bad ass. I'm flying through TX rifts, and it's great. Then I pop into a Grift 60 with a buddy DH , and I can hardly move without falling over. Change out some passives, and gems, to gain toughness.... sitting at 43M toughness when sweeping winds is up, and I'm still falling over... I don't get it. I don't know how to not just fall over dead.

43M doesn't sound like that much TBH. Might want to try fitting in a zodiak ring or something so you can use epiphany more often?

Crone

43M doesn't sound like that much TBH. Might want to try fitting in a zodiak ring or something so you can use epiphany more often?
Yea, it's apparently not. I'm wearing Avarice Band and Zodiac ring. Obviously GR60 is just too high for me right now to reliably survive. Probably drop it down to GR55 or something for a while. Need to get more gems to at least 25 anyway.

Also was using Scarbringer and Vengeful Spirit, but I switched Vengeful Spirit to the cube, and using Scarbringer and Crystal Fist now.

Edit: Cleaning out stash space, and I realize that somehow I busted my Sunwuko 6pc set with a pair of Rainment gloves. Derp. So this whole time I've been cruising around without the 6pc bonus... Bet you all that extra damage will make things feel way smoother!

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm having trouble getting any desire to push Crusader further. The "best" build is bugged to shit right now (shield bash roland's), the next best is LoN which fuck that, I have 1 out of like 13 ancients I need for that to matter, and after that is a mishmash of so-so builds none of which are really balanced or interesting. Hammerdin is OK but at this point the defense is capped and I can't see it being fun to play when getting 1-shot by everything in a few GR levels. Invokers is a pain in the ass to improve the stats for so I'm pretty much stuck at a worse level than my shitter Hammer items there. Akkhan's has like... no good builds now, apparently.

It's really dumb that the shield-based, tanky class feels as squishy as everyone else does regardless of the build unless you're really nailing the perfect rolls on everything.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Like I said in some of our groups, my ww barb has 350mill toughness and still had to be careful over GR60 (and at 60 with certain affixes)

Well I completed the season journey. Doubt I'm going to get much higher than GR 70 without serious farming and augmenting. Doesn't help I don't don't have a fully group this season due to burnout.

I'm hoping they monetize D3 with cosmetics or something so they actually give a shit about the game.

Fuck the set mastery objective. It may keep me from getting the tab cause I have no desire to do that irritating bs.

Vorph

My season is going to be cut short for the same reason as 3 or 4 seasons in the past: no fucking Unity drops. If they don't just drop, I quit, because the idea of farming an average of 40k shards or 2k DBs to progress is retarded. They need to just make that ring a crafting recipe ffs.

Last couple seasons I played I remember getting ring drops constantly; like 10-15 rings in a day/evening of rifting. This season I've probably gotten about 20 rings total, which seems really weird. Still don't have a complete F+R set, no CoE, and I haven't seen about half of the worthless shit rings that instantly get salvaged.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm having trouble getting any desire to push Crusader further. The "best" build is bugged to shit right now (shield bash roland's), the next best is LoN which fuck that, I have 1 out of like 13 ancients I need for that to matter, and after that is a mishmash of so-so builds none of which are really balanced or interesting. Hammerdin is OK but at this point the defense is capped and I can't see it being fun to play when getting 1-shot by everything in a few GR levels. Invokers is a pain in the ass to improve the stats for so I'm pretty much stuck at a worse level than my shitter Hammer items there. Akkhan's has like... no good builds now, apparently.

It's really dumb that the shield-based, tanky class feels as squishy as everyone else does regardless of the build unless you're really nailing the perfect rolls on everything.

Any of the four sets can complete the season journey. Don't feel like you have to do it with a specific one.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Like I said in some of our groups, my ww barb has 350mill toughness and still had to be careful over GR60 (and at 60 with certain affixes)

Fuck the set mastery objective. It may keep me from getting the tab cause I have no desire to do that irritating bs.
Unhallowed was easy enough. Only took me 4-5 tries to get it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Luckily for Barb you can sleep walk it with the basic IK/Raekor build. I'm sure you could do it with just IK but I one shot it with zero issues.

They really should make a fairly easy one for every class.

Vorph

From what I recall all the DH sets are easy. Monk ranges from simple (Sunwuko) to fuck this shit (Inna). Don't really remember the others, but I thought one of the wizard ones was pretty easy a couple seasons ago. Haven't played the rest in ages.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Isn't the barb whirlwind one complete the dungeon taking 0 melee damage? That one can be a love/hate thing depending on lag

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Isn't the barb whirlwind one complete the dungeon taking 0 melee damage? That one can be a love/hate thing depending on lag
Yeah the main issue for me is you have to group up a bunch of dudes and use rend. I do too much damage if I whirlwind at all in there which is what we do to avoid damage, the dungeon makes no sense. They put rend on the set bonus but nobody uses it ever but the dungeon is completely based around it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
set dungeons seem really shitty, even the multishot DH one is pretty fucking gay... they'll group small spiderlings in packs of ~16, so you need to try and kite 4 more mobs to the spiderling packs but everything has reduced movement speed?

Da fuck

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The marauder one is a lot less frustrating than unhallowed essence. If you do, do the UE one having no pets/followers helps since they really hurt your ability to kite.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
set dungeons seem really shitty, even the multishot DH one is pretty fucking gay... they'll group small spiderlings in packs of ~16, so you need to try and kite 4 more mobs to the spiderling packs but everything has reduced movement speed?

Da fuck

I personally hate set dungeons and it annoys me that they are required to master to get your stash tab. If you are going purely for the stash tab for DH when I did it a couple of season ago, Nat's set dungeon seemed the easiest. I'm playing a WD this season and if you are having troubles mastering your respective class set, level up a WD quick and do the Helltooth set. It is so stupid easy, I did it my 2nd time and mastered it at the same time.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Set dungeons are why I almost always just get a boosted sader and run the invoker dungeon for the stash.

Usually I just tap out after the pet. Fuck more stash space. I only play seasons so why packrat this shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leveling and gearing another character just for set dungeon seems a bit out there. Barbs, wd, dh, crusader, and wiz all have at least 1 set dungeon that easy to do.