Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Boulder breaker sucks because weapons slots should be for weapons like SoH, Thunderfury, or Odyn Son. Cool procs that might change how your build plays.
Yeah but do any of these even get used anymore? I mean at this point for just about everyone it's a 2 hander or more specifically Ancient Furnace which is basically BIS for everyone but DH for obvious reasons. And even if not BIS for all classes it's in the top 2-3 items for them, which is also pretty stupid.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's kind of funny/annoying how WoW went full retard and released BRF before 6.1, and then the D3 team did the same thing by announcing that 2.2 would be released in the middle of season 2 as well.
The best thing they could do is keep 2.2 on PTR until S2 is over. I don't see it happening, but it makes no sense to drop it mid season.

The game is moving less towards theorycrafting and more towards full on Slotomania. Keep rolling until you hit a big win.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The best thing they could do is keep 2.2 on PTR until S2 is over. I don't see it happening, but it makes no sense to drop it mid season.

The game is moving less towards theorycrafting and more towards full on Slotomania. Keep rolling until you hit a big win.
They have stated that this is what they are planning on doing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but do any of these even get used anymore? I mean at this point for just about everyone it's a 2 hander or more specifically Ancient Furnace which is basically BIS for everyone but DH for obvious reasons. And even if not BIS for all classes it's in the top 2-3 items for them, which is also pretty stupid.
Yeah, if the IK set allows people to not using the IK weapon they aren't going to be replacing it with anything other than a Furnace or Heart Slaughter. Maybe a Maximus if you prefer the Seismic Slam pet build to giving yourself an RSI with the other gimmicky builds.

They have stated that this is what they are planning on doing.
Ah, guess I missed that in one of the mid-Feb Tavern Talks. When 2.2 was first announced they said it would not depend on the end of season 2, but I guess they came to their senses. I just hope S2 doesn't last as long as S1 did, in that case.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Patch 2.2.0 Focused Feedback - PTR Feedback - Blizz Tracker - Diablo Fans

Blizzard_sl said:
The following sets will be gaining a 7th piece of the set to make acquiring the 6-piece bonuses comparable to newer sets that don't include weapons or jewelry slots. This is in addition to the pieces that have already been added in 2.2.0.
Immortal King's Call - Legs
Inna's Mantray - Hands
Natalya's Vengeance - Hands
Tal Rasha's Elements - Hands
Zunimassa's Haunt - Legs
mad.png

Blizzard_sl said:
Secondly, as many of you have noticed, some of these new set pieces compete with new items we added in 2.2.0. Items that have this conflict have been shifted around, including the Immortal King's pants becoming bracers, the Zunimassa's pants becoming a belt, and the Natalya's moving from gloves to belt.
Would have preferred shoulders because there's fuck all there outside of sets(and Vile Ward if you're that one class/spec). But whatever, bracers didn't have that much competition for barbs.

Vorph

Nat's new piece becoming a belt would have been cool if it had been announced before John Yang confirmed the nerf that everyone was expecting/dreading and Kridershot's Frost Arrows will no longer be getting buffed by the Unhallowed Essence set bonus. How can a developer be so out of touch with the game he's working on to say something like:

"I intended Unhallowed+Kridershot+Multishot to be a build. I'm offended Multishot is being left out. This will have to change." ?

First off, no one would ever do that. UE+MS is strictly inferior to M6+CA (or MS) regardless of what weapon you use, and even if you did use UE anyway, Kridershot is a terrible weapon for that purpose compared to a 2H xbow using Evasive/Focus as a generator. It's just simple math. Even with perfectly rolled items you can just barely get UE to equal M6, at the cost of a shitload of survivability. Nerfing UE with Kridershot+Frost Arrow just means that the new set is more trash to clog up the loot table while you're trying to get M6. For that matter, Natalya's isn't going to be used at all either. You'd have to give up Pride's Fall or Cindercoat *AND* Witching Hour just to get the Nat's 3pc bonus along with M6. And the Nat's 6pc bonus is a sad joke compared to M6 as well.

On one hand I'm kind of glad that I won't need to agonize over finding an ancient Kridershot anymore, but it's pretty fucking disappointing that their current plans for 2.2 have absolutely nothing changing for DHs.

Xevy

Log Wizard
For my monk of PTR, using the gen build, I actually used the Combo passive and used a freezing gen and then WotHF to get the extra free damage and for dealing with single target (guardians or stubborn packs). Seemed like I had a ton of ability slots to play with in that build but I was not using SW and had Innas still.
Way back in 1.0 I used to use that combo passive and roll through 3 spenders: the IAS one, the 15% damage, and the armor one. The armor one is gone, but I imagine freezing, IAS, and 15% dmg OR 5% per enemy hit one would be pretty awesome. Them adding a 7th Inna's is awesome news. That means you can possibly use 4 piece Inna's now. The 2 piece doubles both pet passives AND aura passives. You're looking at a free 20% dmg aura, 40% resistance, and 40kish life per second.

I did a 36 rift duo with my well geared monk on live:Xevron (Xevron#1846) :: DiabloProgress - Diablo 3 Rankings

With a wizard and we had like 2 minutes left.

Did a 36 rift duo on PTR with my generator monk and same wizard with their meteor build. We died probably 6 times each and we still had almost 7 minutes left. DPS is going to be insane in 2.2.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
How does the damage bonus from Fire Ally work? Crudest + Innas for 40% damage sounds neat but only if it's the good kind of % damage
tongue.png

Vorph

Fire Ally adds to DIBS, so it's the 'ok' kind of % damage that is additive with a whole bunch of other shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, with Inna's 2 piece and Crudest and 2 fire allies I roll around 1.8-1.9 million dps on PTR in town. Pretty fucking sweet. But I think ditching boots for Inna's 4 piece may be the way to go because of the passive mantras bonus for all 4 mantras. Gloves/Boots/belt/chest + depth + F&R + Raiment shoulders/helm + Spirit guard bracers + any neck (good hellfire definitely possible).

With my FD I was getting up to 5 million character sheet dps on procs and bane of the powerful. Imagine that with a Power Pylon and it's lozlville.

The Master

Bronze Squire
The rate at which you get set/legendaries, particularly pieces you actually need, really is horrendous. I played a fair amount of D2 and it never felt this slow. I've put in 25k shards and only gotten two upgrades from it. One was more of a sidegrade. In the last 50 rifts I've done I have gotten zero upgrades. Literally nothing I will actually use, for any build.

Last night I watched Kripp fuck around on the PTR for a while. His inventory was literally full of legendaries each rift clear and he wasn't getting things he needed either. If he can get ~27 legs every clear and do it for like 2-3 hours, so hundreds of legos, and get almost nothing he actually needs/wants, that means for me on live getting 2-3 legos per clear means thousands of rift runs before I get anything useful. Makes me not want to play.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Once you get to a certain point in D3 you can't worry about gear, you have to worry about fun. If you worry about getting upgrades you will get burnt out pretty quick as they just aren't coming.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Once you get to a certain point in D3 you can't worry about gear, you have to worry about fun. If you worry about getting upgrades you will get burnt out pretty quick as they just aren't coming.
Problem is a lot of the fun comes from getting the right items to do a different build and have it work. If you can't get the items, you stop having fun. In PoE for example you can always just keep grinding, and you'll eventually amass enough wealth that you can just buy the uniques you want for a specific build, and if you happen to dislike it, you can resell the unique and try another build and so on(unless you play HC and die with the unique, then you're fucked, but eh it's HC). In D3 well if you want to do a pet doctor, you can gamble a hundred thousand bloodshards and farm for 600hours and still never see a Star Metal Kukri or Tasker's and Theo for example, so you can never really do that build other than a shittier version.

Main counter argument is if you get gear too fast you'd get bored and that's kinda true, but it's not like you'd get perfect gear either. With the ancient system, you need so much fucking luck to get a near perfect item that you'd still have to farm a stupid amount of time to be decked out. You need the right legendary, for it to roll ancient, for it to roll the right affixes(minus 1 that you can enchant) and roll high values in all those affixes. This is such a small chance to happen that you could literally find the same item 1000times in a row and still not get a near perfect one.

And the longevity of the game is already pretty fucked due to the massive powercreep with ancient weapons and legendary gems. People who want to play a long time will play a long time regardless, and people who just want to have fun won't leave as early if they're able to have fun on every classes due to better drops enabling more fun builds.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem is, getting the upgrades is the fun part! It's a game about pure gambling--pull the slot machine enough times and hope you win something you want.

When RoS first came out it took me almost 500 hours to get my 5th piece of Akkhan's. When I finally got it, I nearly cried with laughter--I wrecked T6 for a while and then promptly quit the game until Season 2 came out.

You're not wrong for feeling like you want to quit--I'm pretty much there already too. After 130 hours, I still haven't found a second Unity (which is a real kick in the nuts) and other than that, the only thing I would even care about are ancient upgrades to the pieces I already have. Which is a shitty position to be in, but maybe 130 hours every 3 months is an OK thing--certainly a better value than all of my other games.

I think they really fucked up by making T6 so easy and accessible. They need to either re-design the existing Torment difficulties or add additional Torments--with increased legendary drop rates, which will be beneficial down the road when they are dealing with significant legendary inflation. It's detrimental to the game to be able to do the hardest difficulty just a few hours after you reach max level.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Funk, instead of adding more Torments they added the ever increasing GRifts. I think it's terrible design but that is the route they chose unfortunately.

What I feel they need to do is tag Legnedaries to stop dropping after a certain level of GRift and give other Legendaries a higher chance to drop. Like perhaps at 30 you stop getting shit ceremonial knives like Gidbinn and start getting a higher shot at a Star Metal Kukri.

On my Demon Hunter I have cleared tons of level 35-42 GRifts and all I get are shit bows. I would love an ancient Kridershot and it would probably be enough to get me comfortably up to 48ish as I could reroll some more survivability. I've spent well over 5k shards now at Kadala on Weapons as it's the last slot I really need and I get shit. I am debating going back to each slot and trying to roll perfect ancients instead of looking for a better bow.

Also, fuck farming keys for the Hellfire amulet. I've made 12 now and I get all shit passives on them and crap stats.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I really don't like the GRift playstyle. It's cool that they have it for leaderboards I guess, but I would prefer to just hunt elites in regular rifts. Also Trials are really annoying!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The problem of the Grifts is they're terrible for gear. They're a nice scaling challenge and randomly generated stuff is cool, but you wouldn't farm them for gear. So you're left with farming T6 rifts/areas, but the problem is T6 is completely inadequate difficulty wise. It's way too easy to gear up for T6 farming and then it becomes extremely boring to keep farming it as it gets even derpier and derpier until you're finally done with your gear.

Tiering legendaries and having them drop only in certain levels of grifts and stuff could be nice though. But in general I'm not a fan of the concept of grifts not dropping loot, the GR doesn't drop nearly enough shit to feel like it's worth it when you do a high level grift. It would also create issues with classes that don't clear as high grift due to balance problems.

Considering they have a scaling formula for Grifts though, they really should just add a much more indepth torment system that's similar. Maybe unify the 2 scaling systems, so basically you have Difficulty 1-50 that's equal to Grift difficulty 1-50. Call the first few "Normal/Hard/Expert/Master" if you want, and then Torment 1-46. You need to clear a rift in a level to unlock the next(so no cheesing to skip stuff too fast). Legendary chances keeps scaling. Don't need to go higher than 50 I'd say as it's already more or less the top right now for solo play, and for group play it'd still be adequate for farming anyway(really most people would farm 40 or whatever instead).

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I totally agree. GRifts suck because I don't need to go through a 14 minute level 42 GRift just to get another crappy Shadows set legs and a crappy rolled Hellrack.

It's sad honestly. When I do a full clear of a T6 rift I get 4-6 legendaries and it takes like 5-10 minutes depending on how many leeches there are. To do a GRift that takes 3 times as long and only get 2 legendaries is like a slap in the face.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I however do like that you just pick up all the loot at the end of a grift though. After lvling my character this season, being a minute since I did a grift, once I got back in one I forgot how nice it is not to have to spam click the ground 100x. They badly need auto-pickup, while they are adding mats/gems, add loot too, and allow you to check what you want to pick up.