Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had to do a couple of T4 rifts before I got a key, it's 50% at T1 and going up a bit every torment after that, but well RNG gonna RNG.

And yeah Crusader's pretty nice, at least Invoker is. Rest is kinda meh, Akkhan is better than before though I kinda liked it with blessed shield build. But Thorns is just a lot better and much easier to gear for in general. I especially loved the bombardment belt with the thorns rune, shit would just kill elites randomly before they got to me.
I got the belt today, I don't have bombardment in use but the belt throws them out anyway. Does it know to use the thorns rune if you aren't running the spell?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In case anyone playing Crusader is unaware, the Bombardment belt isn't for damage. It's strictly to proc the 4pc set bonus. Bombardment does an absolutely trivial amount of damage compared to thorns, like a few million compared to your thorns that end up doing dps in the billions. At least with the Invoker set anyway, that changes if you can manage to get enough ancient legendaries to support the LoN build instead. One of the people near the top of the leaderboard already has that shit going; ancient in every fucking slot except for one ring and his belt.

Also, I saw someone (don't remember who, I was looking at profiles to see how RNGesus was treating everyone else) rerolling items to CC/CHD. Thorns can't crit.

I got the belt today, I don't have bombardment in use but the belt throws them out anyway. Does it know to use the thorns rune if you aren't running the spell?
It does not, but like I was saying the damage it does with or without the rune is pointless. It's not worth putting on your bar when you need every slot for other things.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
probably me, I hadn't bothered doing any research until today. Now that I have read up a bit and rejiggered things everything is going much better and I seem to be fine up to T10 now. This thorns thing is completely different than anything I've played before. Wanting VIT and Attack speed and cooldown reduction instead of crit, that is hypocrisy.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, bombardment is just to get perma 50% dmg reduction. Thorns only scales with str and vit, so pig sticker just ends up being a stat stick. (You'll likely reroll out of weapon dmg even.)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kadala is still an asshole.

Diablo III 2016-01-17 22-21-34.png
+ at least a half dozen more I salvaged immediately.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
anyone know a decent starter wizard build? or what I should prioritize for gambling/converting?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know how Soul Harvest works with CoE ? I think Soul Harvest gets the effect of every rune with the the jade set and those runes are fire, poison, cold and phys. Does that mean, that i always get the dmg buff from CoE , no matter when i harvest?
Like most spellls like this, it does the damage of the rune you're actually using on your bar. At least that's how I assume it works, it's either that or how the old Delserre worked and picked the highest elemental % you had(but CoE didn't give you elemental % directly, so it didn't work with that).

Kadala is still an asshole.
Earlier I rolled 1800 bloodshards worth of belts without getting a legendary one. Overall it took me about 4k shards to get the marauder belt, and I'm 5k more on belts and still haven't seen harrington(want one for speed farming rifts).

But eh on the other hand my wizard got 5pc delsere in 1.5k shards, so that's something.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Kadala is a whore of RNGesus, for sure. I got like 6 legendary/set pieces when I first filled my blood shard bank at 70. I am rolling up a crusader now, because I want to try out invoker while it's OP. We'll see how that works out.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Wizard's a lot of fun this season. 6pc talrasha with 4pc firebirds is amazingly good for just speed clearing t10 stuff/bounties, but you basically are required to run delsere's after grift 60 or so. My 3 man group is stalled out at grift 73, partly because I can't seem to reforge my wand to ancient despite multiple cube reforges. I'm getting real tired of bounties at this point.

anyone know a decent starter wizard build? or what I should prioritize for gambling/converting?
Firebirds 6pc piece (your free starter set) is mostly garbage. You want to get 6 piece talrasha's ASAP for farming. Channeling builds are great as a starter, my favorite personally being disintegrate.

Some useful items to aim for areetched sigil,halo of arlyse, and if you run a channeling build,hergbrash's binding.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got 6-piece Delsere but I only had a mediocre non-ancient twister sword. Jumped up to GR62 solo, only needed to learn minor pacing mechanics but it's still basically disintegrate / energy twister variations.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does it still do the pig sounds if you transmog it? I got one on my wiz(dropped on my DH with int so figured I'd use it) but shit's annoying. Haven't played my Wiz yet just wondering if I can just change it. Also why is it good for thorns, I would have figured since there's not really many humans/beasts mobs, something like Hack would be more useful even if you only use it every now and then, or do Hack not apply your full thorns bonus from the set and shit?

I wish they'd add more legendary gems that don't suck too. Looking at my options atm, it seems I'll have to use a Taeguk, but I fucking hate Taeguk. I mean it's fine on like Natalya and Whirlwind Barb and I guess on Tempest Rush builds, but on other builds it's a fucking pain to maintain and if you drop it you lose so much power especially if you have shit attackspeed. I'm tempted to use Venomous Toxin or some shit instead just so I don't have to bother. Why is this shit still on a 3secs duration is a fucking mystery.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I've got Bombardment on my bar for solo GRifts. It does a decent amount of damage. I use it in place of the horse as you don't really need the horse for solo GRifts. I was on the leaderboard for quite some time but watching the Steelers game killed it. I am working today so I will probably never see the leaderboard for the rest of the season
frown.png
I haven't found a Blood Brother or Pig Sticker yet.

Can someone explain to me why Pig Sticker is better then Hack? Seems to me like Rift Bosses are where your thorns won't come in handy so being able to really capitalize on the extra damage there would be a good thing.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Last season, the belt only used the spell with a rune if it's on your bar, otherwise it doesn't use any runes.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've got Bombardment on my bar for solo GRifts. It does a decent amount of damage. I use it in place of the horse as you don't really need the horse for solo GRifts. I was on the leaderboard for quite some time but watching the Steelers game killed it. I am working today so I will probably never see the leaderboard for the rest of the season
frown.png
I haven't found a Blood Brother or Pig Sticker yet.

Can someone explain to me why Pig Sticker is better then Hack? Seems to me like Rift Bosses are where your thorns won't come in handy so being able to really capitalize on the extra damage there would be a good thing.
Stats are better than thorn proc on attack? I have no clue, but that's what people say. I'm using a level 60 Hack right now in T7. Still waiting on that belt to make a jump to 10.

I did manage to complete my non-ancient LON last night, and got an ancient steed flail. And an ancient belt. Ancient farming time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's stats on Hack too though? I guess there might be one more affix, but there aren't that many good affixes for thorns builds since they don't care about damage% or ressource cost reduction, so that leaves cooldown/speed/str/life, and since you don't need flat damage, it's easy to get on any weapon with a gift?

Decided to start pushing GRs a bit so went with shadow since it's the only spec I got an ancient weapon for. Do two GRs, get an ancient Yang. Now I'd be pretty happy but it rolled like really low flat damage so I need to reroll that, but since it doesn't have a socket I'd need another gift and I just used the one I found on my dagger, so for now it's stashed. Should speed up farming a bit once I spec back, since there's no way I'm farming T10 with Shadow, it's too annoying versus multishotting while moving based on the minimap only.

Shadow is really weird stuff though in GRs. I'm almost at 60 so nothing too big, but it's pretty funny how bad it is at clearing trash(especially since the dagger I have is the impale on, not the FoK one, so I went with the full impale build) and yet how good it is at clearing elites or tightly packed groups. Like I just vault past everything but once in a while I'm in a large room with a bunch of mobs, I wait for my templar Ess to proc, then I just spam impales waiting for the area damage to proc and when it does the whole thing dies instantly. I kill GRs in 2-3shots too still. Anyway it's a really unique playstyle cause you basically ignore all the small mobs and only go for the larger ones(more progress) or the champion elite packs, while most other classes it's the contrary and you just drag the elites around to whittle them down while you aoe the rest.

Definitely fuck Taeguk though, it's a pain in the dick to sustain as shadow, or anything really, even on UE multishot I end up dropping it every now and then cause I evasive shot twice in a row then vault and bam it's dropped. So I went for Zei, it's not optimal since I'm often right next to stuff, but if I need more damage I know I can just vault away.