Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
How do you get this season's wings reward? I don't give a shit about the pet but I want the things. I want all the wings.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm not sure how I feel about the welfare T6 you get for free. On one hand I get it. They want people to be able to just dive right in. On the other it pretty much completely eliminates the "fresh 60" portion of the season. Where you're slogging in Hard/T1 hoping to get a lucky drop and slowly build your set via blood shards. Right now I've got my entire build basically done. I'm not sure what the point is of really playing outside of getting some higher numbers.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well, it depends a lot on the class as well. The firebird set for wizards is pure garbage imo and it barely gets you in to t4 or so. Gotta farm up tals or magnum if you wanna go to t10 and high greaters.

That said, wizard is a fuckin blast once you have tals. There's a wand that removes the CD on teleport which lets you play like a D2 sorceress. I don't even walk anywhere anymore, just teleport and spam meteors everywhere while the world explodes. Can farm t10 pretty comfortably now, don't even get oneshot since discovering the OPness that is the shield rune for magic weapon.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure how I feel about the welfare T6 you get for free. On one hand I get it. They want people to be able to just dive right in. On the other it pretty much completely eliminates the "fresh 60" portion of the season. Where you're slogging in Hard/T1 hoping to get a lucky drop and slowly build your set via blood shards. Right now I've got my entire build basically done. I'm not sure what the point is of really playing outside of getting some higher numbers.
I know what you mean but last season instead of having to slog through T1 hoping for some good drops, pals just PL'd us in T10 rifts and we got our gear that way. So in a way we just skip that I guess?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How do you get this season's wings reward? I don't give a shit about the pet but I want the things. I want all the wings.
You have to do every set dungeon. Not sure if complete or mastery though.

Good luck. /duckhuntdog

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fuck me. I hated the WD set dungeons, I can't imagine the others are much better.
Yeah it's kind of a mixed bag, a lot are fucking annoying. Plus you need all sets on all classes, which if you haven't been playing all seasons means you have to farm a bunch. The WD ones aren't even that bad either, Helltooth was annoying, but the rest was very simple. I think so far DH was the simplest. Impale required a few tries because the objectives weren't super clear at first, but all the others I did on first or second try. I still need to get Wizard sets which should be too hard with all the bloodshards I use(then again I've been trying to get an Etched Sigil for the past 7k shards and it's not fucking dropping, but I guess I got a bunch of tal rasha and firebird orbs to cube for other pieces at least, so I will only need vyr). Then after that, only monk and 1pc of Raekor is left, but I'm not looking forward to farming a monk out of nothing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
firebirds is shit, hit 50 different enemies with your meteor from res'ing is just fucking dumb.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
A long time ago I realized this greater rift system was an fotm fest for 4 man. I for one welcome my arcane twister DPS overlords and a rolled a support that can share gear with them.

Making something unique that becomes successful is way more fun anyways imo.

Support wizard this season is doing really well so far. Only hang up is if a mob is taunted and black holed when it dies it gets stuck at 1hp.

Add Nirgon#1278 if you're any sort of good and I'll clump/perma lock some mobs for ya whenever I'm not doing dedicated 4 man.
Is that what causes that fucking bug? I haven't gotten Akarat's yet so I am using Spiker + Provoke for groups, and that bug is just driving me fucking insane. (I run with two wizards.)

However, the firebird's bonus buff apparently will glitch because of that bug; you'll retain it for the rest of the rift, and sometimes beyond it.

Also, yea, wings are from doing all the set dungeons. They are worthless and not at all fun. Do them once for the wings and never again.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Feel free to add me - Grumblecake#1434 - Impale DH. Farming T8 no problem, was doing upper 40's GR as well, haven't really run into too many problems other than my mouse randomly starting to die. RIP Naga.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
FYI on the hack vs pig sticker debate; the one major thing hack has going for it is that the vo'toyias spiker shield also doubles the dmg from your attacks. This doesn't work on the sanguinary bracers unfortunately.

I ran gogok of swiftness + hack + spiker; in packs I couldn't really tell but I destroyed boss mobs handily. I tried to find someone who did a run down of those three items vs pig sticker + akarat's, but either my googlefu sucks or no one has done one yet.

The other thing I am curious about is that in mid to high 60s rifts i absolutely cannot be killed; we're talking standing in arcane/explosions etc at the same time and just loling at it, but my wizards are getting blown up. (I have the thorns gem 50+ and I'm using provoke so I'm taunting a good bit but they're still eating it.) To that effect, I was curious to see what a build with Salvation + cubed hallowed bulwark would look like. Like, would it be enough to keep my bros alive if I am just constantly blocking?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm doing T4 with full firebirds and the exact talent and gear set (though not optimal roles on anything) that was linked earlier.

I've got 2 pcs of Tals and 2 pcs of Vyrs (and a pretty darn nice RORG, and another that I'm gonna cube). I'm mainly looking to speed farm T10... any suggestions on what to focus on for that? Eventually I'll push some grifts solo, but that's a ways off (and probably unlikely).

Feel free to add me - Grumblecake#1434 - Impale DH. Farming T8 no problem, was doing upper 40's GR as well, haven't really run into too many problems other than my mouse randomly starting to die. RIP Naga.
What are you gonna replace it with? I'm looking for a new mouse.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Talrasha seems the fastest, once you have all the pieces. Specifically, you need a Wand of Woh, and then a bunch of other shit like F+R and what not makes it stronger, but just the wand and 6pc tal rasha I think you can farm really quickly until you get the rest. You basically just run around like an idiot spamming explosions. Final version for speed run has In Geom and goes way way faster, but even the normal version goes pretty fast. Good thing about this build is you can run Sage set with it and get 2DBs per elites. There's a higher damage version with Firebird pieces instead, but that seems super unnecessary, although it's good if you're lacking damage.
Guide for the final version with firebird, but you'll have to tweak stuff without Ingeom giving free shit:[2.4] Swift Burn Wizard TX Speed Build (2m Rift!) - Wizard - Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans

Vyr's not bad either for speed farming but you kinda need the whole stuff for it to work, lilke Chantodo set and the Vyr belt and whatever else.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's pretty much the same build, and it's an old build, just a lot better in this version cause Wand of Woh was buffed. I think Sage over Firebird is a better choice though, realistically the dot does fuck all when everything's dying instantly anyway, while +1death breath per elite for a farm build is quite good.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I first got 6pc firebirds stuff melted in t6, and so did I, but like 3 rifts later it's no longer an issue.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I can't seem to get past GR45 with Disintegrate/Fire Birds build - I've got Deathwish/Aquila/Hergbrash Binding/Halo ring as well. After some more digging, it seems like Firebird set 6-piece bonus is a little buggy - I can burn down elites/rift bosses in no time but all the trash takes forever to kill. Maybe if I could get defensive enough I could just teleport around killing elites only but it takes a few seconds for the damage to ramp up so some mobs can do a lot of damage to me first.

Might be time to switch to DMO set.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't seem to get past GR45 with Disintegrate/Fire Birds build - I've got Deathwish/Aquila/Hergbrash Binding/Halo ring as well. After some more digging, it seems like Firebird set 6-piece bonus is a little buggy - I can burn down elites/rift bosses in no time but all the trash takes forever to kill. Maybe if I could get defensive enough I could just teleport around killing elites only but it takes a few seconds for the damage to ramp up so some mobs can do a lot of damage to me first.

Might be time to switch to DMO set.
From what I've read, FB is a tool to farm up DMO and Tal in the mid-Torments and not much more. So it sounds like you have the right idea.