Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I still don't understand why the build shifted from Disintegrate to Torrent. All the top wizards on leaderboard use Torrent though; doesn't matter if it's solo or 2-4 man.
Everyone switched to Arcane Torrent because it apparently has a much better proc coefficient than Disintegrate. The build is resource bound at the high end (even solo), so the additional Magic Weapon: Conduit and arcane power on crit procs become significant.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Any suggestions on my season crusader?

TurdBurglar - Community - Diablo III
This is me just running around hoovering up DBs with some friends, so ignore the weapon/shield.

I've got an ancient stat stick with the thorns gem, but still haven't gotten AA. My skills/passives/cube are the same. I just keep upgrading crusader shields and blowing shards on shields.

A buddy in clan kept talking about LoN bombarment build, and honestly that looks fun as fuck. He's running it for DB/TX farming now and it's looking pretty decent. I think he's pushing high 70s for rifts too.
For solo gear out your Enchantress. She is better for that build then Templar. You want things hitting you (once you get the shield) and she gives an attack speed buff which helps your set stacks. She also has a 3% damage bonus against things that are in her long cool down aoe.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fuck RNG in the ass for Grift density/elite packs.

Just hopped back on (play on console, dirty peasant), picked up my Carnevil WD (mostly non-ancient, still don't have the big bad voodoo knife, so not a complete set), and went into a 57 (my previous best), and smoked it with 8 minutes to go. Do 58, and the first 5 minutes I didn't come across a single elite pack - was one of those Act 1 Halls of Agony maps, stuffed full of trash. Failed to beat it in 15 minutes. Went back in and got better RNG and beat it with 7 minutes to go.

Stupid RNG.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just came back since release, hit 70 with a Barbarian in season 5, any build suggestions that you guys are running?
I run the leap/quake build, tho I don't use earthquake itself but lots of other skills trigger one. Kind stuck at GR65-67 with one ancient. My weapon is the barb weapon for leap/quake, blade of tribes. I made a blue 2h mighty weapon and upgraded it to a legendary and got an ancient on the first try. The rest is just pick up stuff.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Any suggestions on my season crusader?

TurdBurglar - Community - Diablo III
This is me just running around hoovering up DBs with some friends, so ignore the weapon/shield.

I've got an ancient stat stick with the thorns gem, but still haven't gotten AA. My skills/passives/cube are the same. I just keep upgrading crusader shields and blowing shards on shields.

A buddy in clan kept talking about LoN bombarment build, and honestly that looks fun as fuck. He's running it for DB/TX farming now and it's looking pretty decent. I think he's pushing high 70s for rifts too.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/71144086

Did an 83 with it last night. While LoN bombardment is extremely strong, the playstyle won't fit everyone since there isn't a skill to spam at all times. If you do want to try it out, take your chest and belt, gamble for an ancient leoric's crown and st. aschew's gage (gloves), then use whatever ancients you have for the other slots. That should be able to comfortably do 70s.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This is the furious charge build I tried. What is the num lock trick he refers to? Maybe that's what I was missing.

Not all ancient gear of course and at around 550 paragon.

Edit saw the video on numlock. Didn't know it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Almost done leveling up a wizard to complete the Years of War conquest. Which 2 sets are easiest to gear up and do GR55? Tal Rasha and DMO?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It's not GR solo is it? Isn't it just complete a GRift at 55 or higher with the set on? If that's the case I can run you through it once you get the sets.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're right, it doesn't specify solo.

Only other part left is TX in under 3 minutes. Is that easier to solo this season? Couldn't hack it alone previously.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You'll need to fish for one of those huge outdoor maps that have elites every 30 yards or have your speedrunner build extremely well-geared. I've done sub-3m on both UE DH and Fire-Rasha.

And Years of War definitely does say solo. However, RoRG does count, so it's simple to get on the wizard using DMO Orb and Fire-Rasha. The catch is having to find a good Wand of Woh for the latter though. Vyr's might be easier to gear for since you pretty much just need the set, Chantodo's set, and the archon stacks belt, and it should easily be able to handle GR55 as well.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vyr's was slow and tedious for me but I did get it on my first run. Not sure if I was doing something wrong but I can't imagine going much higher than 55 without an ancient want + good rolls on gear. Fire-Rasha is great both for doing 55 GR and for the TX achievement (especially the In-Geom variant for the TX). If you end up with DMO before Vyr's it's much easier imo.

I finally ground out to GR70 solo yesterday with DMO actually, after trying every build and variation I could on my crusader (sweep, shield, Akkhan's, Invoker, Fury, Phalanx, Bombard). I had the gear for any of those builds but I guess not good enough to actually pull it through with them. DMO just seems stronger and safer overall anyway. So now I just have to level a hardcore to 70 and 2 more gems to 65. Didn't honestly expect to keep pushing but it felt so attainable I guess :p

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Odd that you couldn't hit GR70 with Invokers or Bombard. Take a look at the seasonal guy in my sig, that's pretty much the gear set I used to hit GR70, minus the two gem levels on BotT. Maybe the gameplay was so boring you underperformed from falling asleep.

Elite on screen? Poke it.
CoE Physical up? Hit Iron Skin.
Ride to next elite.
Repeat.

SO FUCKING BORING.

Shame about Years of War. Webpage I was reading didn't say solo. But, makes sense. Oh well.

Vorph

Yeah, I'm having trouble getting to 70 using DMO AO but I'm sure I could do it easily on my Crusader if I bothered to try. Arcane Orbit is just so slow at killing compared to Invoker, and it's not really any tankier. I have ancient Unstable Scepter with the ideal rolls and ~3k damage, 5/6 ancient DMO, etc. too so I don't know what I can even do to increase my killing speed. It's not like it's difficult to play or anything, you just stand in your bubble, wait for dynamo to stack to 5, pop orbs, and hit EB whenever it's up and dynamo isn't at 5. I really don't get how people have been able to do GR75-80 with it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually that's probably part of it. I just wasn't doing damage fast enough at 67. I think I actually did find a slightly stronger iteration with my gear but then forgot about it. I also theoretically had a strong LoN Bombard gear set (only 3? non-ancients, lots of thorns) but I don't know how to play that and again, it just felt weaker than DMO which I already had for Years of War so I just did that.

Edit: Vorph it sounds like you have way better gear than I do on my DMO wizard and I really had no problems grinding 67-70 in one go per level. 70 was very close but it wasn't the best rift and it was still my first try. Make sure you're managing your damage buffs well and shitting out slow time everywhere. I had an ancient scepter and source and I think nothing else so you should be ok.

I actually just leave EB on autocast - it's a pretty minor nuisance if it eats your dynamo stacks but more of a nuisance to click it so much. You build stacks faster that AO explodes anyway so not a big DPS loss at all. Only small gain-tricks I found were: at five stacks, cast slow time somewhere (it reduces the damage of anything standing in it if you're using that rune, so throw it everywhere so ranged does less if it hits you) then cast AO since Slow Time has an animation but AO doesn't, you can avoid missing much stack building that way. Also make sure to manage where you're standing - spectral blades has a longer range than AO and I didn't always notice right away that they weren't exploding when shit was all over the screen.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have any of you Wizards completed:The Thrill: Reach GR45 without any set item equippedLooked at some builds online and it seems like you need ancient versions of at least your weapon to even attempt to do it.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't like DMO AO when I tried it. Seemed excruciatingly slow compared to twisters. For a twister build, I like playing with Crown of the Primus in the cube vs. Ancient Parthan Defenders that most people use; big crowd control, dps, and mitigation boost. Ranslor's Folly helps quite a bit too.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have any of you Wizards completed:The Thrill: Reach GR45 without any set item equippedLooked at some builds online and it seems like you need ancient versions of at least your weapon to even attempt to do it.
I just ran a twister build with oddball ancients everywhere else. I wouldn't hold out for ancient weapons; it's fairly easy to be honest.

Vorph

Most Thrill builds are just the LoN build for that class without LoN. I suspect a wizard would be the hardest to do it with by far since the class is so set-dependent that there isn't really a LoN build at all.

It was completely trivial to get the conquest on Crusader using thorns/bombardment, and a Jek/Foote setup works well too.