Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know most play on PC, but after burning out on EQ, and searching for a game that can be played in much shorter stints of time, I'm looking at coming back to Diablo 3. Is there much difference between PC/Ps4 anymore?

Ps4 has the cheats, hacks, dupes, etc, and therefore no seasons. Otherwise, from what I can tell, patch 2.4.0 was put out to both? Anyone have a quick comparison? Diablo 3 was one of those games that just felt right playing on a controller, but would go PC if it made a difference.

Never played Seasons though, is that the main point of D3 anymore?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
D3 in my opinion is only fun while you have goals to work towards. When it devolves into grinding for the sake of grinding with no real purpose, it becomes stale. Seasons give a reset button which temporarily makes the game fun again for 1-4 weeks while you progress a character. Season journey also gives you a checklist of goals to work at, which can be entertaining. Without seasons, I wouldn't log in anymore (and I still don't after the first few weeks of a new season).

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know most play on PC, but after burning out on EQ, and searching for a game that can be played in much shorter stints of time, I'm looking at coming back to Diablo 3. Is there much difference between PC/Ps4 anymore?

Ps4 has the cheats, hacks, dupes, etc, and therefore no seasons. Otherwise, from what I can tell, patch 2.4.0 was put out to both? Anyone have a quick comparison? Diablo 3 was one of those games that just felt right playing on a controller, but would go PC if it made a difference.

I play on Xbox One, after playing it for the first few years of it's life on PC. I find it to be a better experience overall on console - the UI elements, the controller (don't know if you can use controller on PC now for it, probably can?). Inventory management I find better on console - I think they did a great job migrating it onto console and rejiggering all the UI elements to make sense and play fairly quickly. It's relaxing and well done imo.

The big negative, like Sinzar says, is there are no seasons. So yeah, it does become a grind game without real goals. I play for a few weeks after each patch, try some different builds/classes, and get my fun, and then stop till the next patch usually. I also play it as a solo game - since there are hacks and whatnot, and I just prefer to play solo anyway.

I set goals for myself, work to meet them, and then quit till next patch. I've never been hardcore leaderboard type even when I played PC at launch through ROS launch. Only picked up console version back in June I think.

There's benefits to both sides - console gets the stash tab space right up front, so that's a benefit for us.
smile.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's really fun on PS4 coop otherwise just go PC. Honestly if you want it for local coop just get both. Found it super cheap months ago for PS4, just play that copy with the gf or guests.

Crone

It's really fun on PS4 coop otherwise just go PC. Honestly if you want it for local coop just get both. Found it super cheap months ago for PS4, just play that copy with the gf or guests.
Yeah, have both, so no problem there. Was just trying to decide which direction to go. Don't have anyone local that would play, so probably just go PC.

Crone

Thanks Brikker for the PL! Got a Barb on PC up to 70 in very short order, and I'm leaping and quaking around T1!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Leveled a crusader up and going to see how that goes. Played DH for a while. Didn't really care for it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Played some of this again this past weekend since I finished other games and am waiting for the Spring releases. I find it genuinely more entertaining on the Xbox than I did on the PC simply because certain aspects of the game really lend themselves to a console type controller. The whole business with the Cube and extracting legendary powers was new to me, so that was certainly fun and it genuinely is entertaining to get a legendary or set item and then start to develop a whole build around it.

One thing I did not see : how do you dye armor on the console version? I did not see dyes for sale on any of the vendors nor did I see anywhere in the interface where one could change the colors of any items.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I believe there are some basic armor dyes in town. But the "cool" ones have to be found out in the wild. I know sometimes in A1 Fields, sometimes the dye vendor will spawn inside a house. Or A3 Oasis, I think the guy near the Mysterious Cave sells dyes.

jrbuddha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Each town has a dye vendor. From what I remember, Tristram is the guy around the side of the inn. Caldeum is the fat guy to the north of town. Bastions Keep is the guy in upper left. And i don't remember the last one.

Borzak

Started playing my DH again after a break. Any tips for dealing with reflect damage mobs in a UE/multishot build? That seems to be my current sticking point. I've got one ancient at kind of stuck at around gr60 atm.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just picked this up again a couple of weeks back, decided to play a DH, started looking at builds, and couldn't decide so I let luck figure it out based on what set I completed first. Completed my Marauder set first, lucked out on a decent rolled Manticore about half way through. Since then, I've proceeded to get the luck of kings, and probably have made my Barbarian buddy consider rerolling or just out and out rage quitting. I've gotten all the variations on the legendary gem sets I need, I pulled Focus pretty early on, and got my Restraint today. Got my Bombardier's Rucksack first thing today, then my Restraint, a few legendary gems I need, and finally pulled a Dawn. Went from doing Torment 6 grifts with some difficulty, to pile driving Torment 10 with the occasional death to unavoidables. And top it all off, I rolled a darn near perfect Hellfire Amulet with 100 crit dmg and blood vengeance. I also got both daggers I want to do a Shadow Mantle set build as well, and some of the extra curricular stuff for that as well.

I've no idea why I'm so much luckier than my friend, he doesn't seem to pull much. We've both got max Topaz gems in our helms, and last I checked had around the same magic find.

Borzak

Just the way it is I guess. Got an ancient yang out of blood shards on my first try. Then spent a almost a 1,000 deaths breath just trying to roll decrease in damage from elites on my chest piece. Still haven't rolled it yet blah.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just the way it is I guess. Got an ancient yang out of blood shards on my first try. Then spent a almost a 1,000 deaths breath just trying to roll decrease in damage from elites on my chest piece. Still haven't rolled it yet blah.
That's odd, DBs aren't really the limiting component on stat rerolls. Seems like you would be paying multiple billions per reroll and have burned through many, many stacks of other mats by the time you got to 1000 DBs.

Borzak

What sucks is you only get 2 choices, it's either 10 or 11%. Out of possible 6 things or so. Not a single one. If it wasn't an ancient I would have just rerolled another one entirely. I ran out of all my mats and had to started over farming multiple times. That includes the DB's I had to use while converting one stack of mats to another as I got low as well. Sucked. Finally gave up and will try again at a later date.

It's kind of one of those things you roll it a few times, move on, roll it again while it town and move on and so on. Then you realize you've burned almost a 1,000 db's while having to farm the other shit multiple times along the way.

Kind of gave up for now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That seems so improbable to be impossible. Some primary affixes conflict to secondary affixes, I'm not sure on this one specifically, but that might be the case.

Did you really reroll it 1k times?

Borzak

Yup nearly a 1000 times. All I need is for it to come up since you can only roll between 10 and 11%. Doesn't matter if you get a good roll or not. Just looked and there's only 10 things you can get on a roll.

All the mats I got on my barb and DH for the entire season and then a little more along the way. Kind of just starts off doing a roll and then when in town then you realise it's the only thing left you're rolling on why you're waiting for another ancient (I only have 2) to come up and then 2 weeks later you're out of materials.

At this point I got to thinking I could have just equipped another character or upgraded shit over and over till I got another ancient. I've upgraded a shitload as well along the way when I got frustrated with no luck. If I could get the -10 to -11% elite damage it would be perfect.

I've been playing a lot since I'm basically disabled now and unemployed....until I punch the monitor lol.

On another topic, anyone run an amulet that negates a certain damage type instead of a hellfire or do you just bank on getting your ass handed to you on reflect damage bosses?