Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Okay so Paragon, despite contributing to the 25% movement speed cap on your character sheet, goes outside of that? Weird as fuck that casting a spell that increases my movement by 20% suddenly means taking my 12move ring off will show on the char sheet, but if that spell isn't up and I take that ring off, it stays the same, capped at 25.
Paragon movement speed is the same "slot" as movement speed from gear, which is capped at 25%. The advantage of having Paragon movement speed is it frees up slots on gear to be other stats but in some cases (boots) the other stats aren't arguably worth it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For movement yeah as explained, 25% is the cap of the movement speed you get from items as a direct affix(for example +12% on boots or the few other slots that have it like Lakuni and Endless Walk and what not) + Paragon. So if you have 25% without paragon, don't put any paragon points into movespeed. But you can put points in Paragon to reroll the affix off your boots. The tradeoff is basically 5main stat per .5% of movespeed, so what you get in return needs to be worth it. On boots, it can be a skill or armor/all resist for defensive choices instead. In general I'd say it's worth using 25% in paragon and roll off any movement speed you have, but when it's not possible to do so(your boots came with life regen so you had to roll that into vitality so now you can't roll the movespeed), obviously adjust paragon for it.

For GRs, start as the level of torment you're normally doing or so. You want to clear them kinda quickly at first to get all the legendary gems and level them to 25. You can start pushing GRs early if you want, but in terms of efficiency it's better to farm lower GRs at first to get your good gems leveled, so you can progress faster after. The GR opening menu has the equivalence of GR/Torment level on it, like it'll say GR20=Torment IV(or whatever, might be III I don't remember). Torment level of the game you're in has no impact whatsoever on GRs. Note that GRs don't really give better loot or anything, in fact I'd say they're worse in general, the main point of them is getting legendary gems and leveling those gems, as well as being the only form of progress once you're geared enough since T10 becomes a joke.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
When they were introduced or shortly afterwards Grifts had better odds for legendary drops, did they remove that at some point?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I got the Boon of the Powerful to level 25, now I'm trying to get the pet gem. I got both Short Man's and Long Man's finger and am using the Short Man's so that helps a lot now. I have been looking for it for days and then I realized you could upgrade rare items in cube so I upgraded about 6 rare rings and each of them were unique rings I hadn't seen before lol. Got the one that cycles through your elements and increases damage and then right after that Short Man's. Was crazy I have like 25+ unique rings and the upgraded rare rings were all things I'd never seen.

I noticed that normal rifts feel like they have way more loot and have a huge increase to drop rates compared to grifts. I have a hard time leaving normal rifts rather than continuing to clear because I always feel like there will be loot around the corner, and last night I was right haha. I finished the rift and he didn't drop anything at all and I was like wtf, I'll keep going 1 more elite to try and get something and then this happened: It was sooo exciting for me haha. None escaped.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I had to take like 3 starts with PoE before it clicked for me. The first few runs at it were a few hours playtime and quitting between 30 and 50. So maybe it's not for you, maybe you should give it a run were you stick with it until a high level to see if you like the high-level game more (if you didn't yet, 5 hours implies low levels). I actually don't like the PoE art style that much, and environment/monster design for D3 is one of the high points imo. I would love to have PoE in D3's clothes (although imo armor design in D3 sucks because it's too "WoW" for lack of a better one-word description).
I have a level 40 guy, a level 30 guy and a couple level 20 guys. The trading system is crap. The leveling is boring at best. No resets on your skill trees is a terrible idea. The fact that you can't just choose your skills but have to go find them makes the game more difficult for literally zero reason. The game design is just bad. I am much happier with D3. Perhaps if I got a PL in PoE to see the end game I would enjoy it okay but I don't see myself ever finishing a character.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
My biggest issue with normal rifts is the shitty XP. Honestly I think having two types of rifts feels kinda clunky, wish they'd find a way to merge it somehow.

Been playing a bunch this season and having a good time with it again. It's not something I could dedicate myself to in a hardcore fashion, but I find it's the perfect game to keep my hands busy while chilling out listening to podcasts or watching TV.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
My biggest issue with normal rifts is the shitty XP. Honestly I think having two types of rifts feels kinda clunky, wish they'd find a way to merge it somehow.

Been playing a bunch this season and having a good time with it again. It's not something I could dedicate myself to in a hardcore fashion, but I find it's the perfect game to keep my hands busy while chilling out listening to podcasts or watching TV.
I think the new rift levels could solve this. Lets see if they don't screw it up. The only problem I foresee is that it will push the GRift levels higher at a faster pace and still leave the normal rifts in the dust.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
OMFG. So here is my very first Hellfire craft...

Did I just get extremely fucking lucky? Everyone said it'd take a million crafts... It's Ancient, it has Midnight Feast which is absolutely necessary for WD and perhaps their best passive, or at least amazing. max crit etc fucking hell! I just really don't want to give up my compass rose set, but it's worth it right? I also have the ideal ring to go with the other replacement in that set, the elements one that cycles through increased damage.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yea that's pretty ridiculous for a first craft dude
LOL I had to craft a second one just to see what they actually usually roll like. Jesus! Got my Tasker and Theo today too and I upgraded a hammer to The Furnace on the first try (not always lucky though, took me over 22 rerolls on a ring to get a socket earlier). I am almost set ! Except for getting more ancient pieces. But I have 6 ancients that I wear atm that are what most people on the top of WD leaderboards wear.

I am having a blast running around as a chicken with the Manajuma's set. Just wish there was an easy way to switch between weapons like there is in D2. But I still kill just fine using them instead of my ancient weapon/mojo. You are so fast it's insane and you can keep it up 24/7. Makes running through normal rifts so fast.

198% Convention of Elements is so sick. Suddenly it swaps to cold and I insta kill bosses in grift 55. Love it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Why do I still click this thread
frown.png

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol learned the hard way that gem upgrades aren't guaranteed at low level rifts. When do they become guaranteed, at least up to 25? So that I can optimize leveling up my legendary gems?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Don't know the exact formula, but it depends on the level of the gem relative to the level of the rift - the closer the level of the gem is to the level the rift is set to, the lower the chance of an upgrade.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gem leveling is like, +10 or higher, 100%. Then every level under 10, you lose 10% chance, until you reach 60%. At which point, it stays there until you reach gem level -1, which drops to like, 30%, and -2 to like 15% or something like that and keeps being halved, until it reaches 0%(it used to cap at 1% but I think they changed that at some point, regardless it's shit at some point).

So as long as you do +10 you're fine, which means for lvl 25 gems, GR35 is enough(technically, GR34 is enough too, since you need 100% to go from 24 to 25, not at 25). That's Torment 6 or 7 I forgot, which should be doable with a full set, the right skills, and a legendary weapon, with nothing much else.