Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
cleared through act 1 on inferno pretty easily with my shitty WD and hit paragon 1 huzzah!

Any tips for my WD?http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A...2/hero/1610746
My spec ok?

worst part is I have about 1m gold to work with for new equipment
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone play hardcore? I got a 60(2) wizard that can wwcm or archon and I plan on starting a dh sometime if anyone wants to start.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
What's the technique for PLing in D3? Just jack the MP to 10 and run them through the story?

I'm surprised people do the hellfire ring event. The ring is hit or miss, just like the BoA tradeskill recipes, but it takes a whole lot more effort to make one ring. I guess if you like JUST farming exp, or you get a good MF/GF roll, stick it on your follower.

What determines if a unique/set item can roll an extra main stat? For example, I was looking for a couple Inna's pieces that had DEX above their max innate roll. Inna's pants and belt, yes. Inna's chest and helm, no. So I thought it was just the 100-200 innate dex items couldn't roll another dex or dex/vit attribute. But nat's boots can roll above 200. So, I'm confused.
Since no one answered your 2nd part:
The helm and chest have high dex because they're a combination of a dex roll (90-100) and a dex/vit roll (30-100 each), so it can't roll any more dual stats, only more primary stats, and it can't roll a dex primary because that's already taken.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I figured that out later. I was hoping the required stats on set and legendary items didn't preclude them from rolling extra stats. Guess I'll look for resist all rolls on my chest and helm instead of dex/vit.

What is $5 in gold?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If 10M trades at 30? you could get like 160M. Could probably get more going through a 3rd party instead of the RMAH.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You could probably DO MP7 with that much gold, idk about facerolling though. Or are you accounting for his class and that nobody plays it, thus the gear will be cheap?

I'm definitely wearing more than 160M in gear, and I'm just comfortably working into MP5. Maybe I'm being overly cautious though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you aren't trying to do one of the goober specs as WD you can gear up at least as cheap as anyone else. 160m is like one or two really good slots taken care of and then a bunch of decent gear so should be fine. I've spent less than 10 mill on each of my characters except my main and they can all solo MP5+ easily.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Think I'm going to buy a small amount of gold (few dollars), I think I'm going to have too much trouble gearing up for the 200K I have
smile.png
Is it generally frowned upon or accepted? Since it's integrated into the game I imagine no one gives a shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think I'm going to buy a small amount of gold (few dollars), I think I'm going to have too much trouble gearing up for the 200K I have
smile.png
Is it generally frowned upon or accepted? Since it's integrated into the game I imagine no one gives a shit.
What a dumb question. Of course buying gold isn't frowned upon.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've played too many games where you were considered a massive shithead if you bought currency, so even though it's part of the game I still feel weird doing it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
And how would anyone be able to tell?

If anything, I would only frown upon you for defeating the purpose of the game.

Tenks

I think it was mostly frowned upon in the MMO world because the Chinese farmers would annoy the fuck out of you and steal your spawns and be at prime farming locations 24/7. So the idea was if you didn't give them money they'd just go away.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How on earth do you search for a specific stone of jordan setup you want, just manually scrolling through every single page in the AH?

Tenks

I believe the most common way is to select "All Armor" then add the Elite Damage +20% and whatever else you want. You can't get good filters if you select Stone of Jordan.

Charles_sl

shitlord
The bad thing is that you still can't search for many of the the skill bonus mods, good stuff like Whirlwind, Energy Twister, etc. Why they it's still so difficult to properly search the auction house makes no sense. But hey, at least we still don't have to deal with the original 3 search modifier system... That was really awesome.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm familiar with the technique, but I overlooked 'bonus vs elites'.
If you are looking for a soj for a barb and want to be cheap don't add a +fury filter. High +dmg and 6% cold damage is more important then the shit stats unless you want to drop a shit load.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've played too many games where you were considered a massive shithead if you bought currency, so even though it's part of the game I still feel weird doing it.
It comes down to the question: "How is spending money on currency going to improve your enjoyment of the game ?" Most of the fun in these games for me is acquiring new gear, so spending cash to circumvent that and make further upgrades even more time consuming sounds rather silly. YMMV though.