Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what build to go with this Season. With so many buffs happening, there are a lot of builds that haven't been viable in a really long time all of a sudden pretty good. Be damned if I'm not looking at Crusader to have fun with Invoker or Hammerdin. Lol.

Who knows though, Jade Doc is a build that I've never been fond of, but with its huge buff it probably is pretty ridiculous.
6w8s3oJ.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
LoN going to 750% per piece (from 100%) is big. It'll be enough to make LoN builds viable but I dunno if 9750% is enough to make it competitive on the ladders

blizz said:
Legacy of Nightmares
  • The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 750%

The seasonal RoRG buff by itself is gonna open up some interesting builds:

Blue said:
  • The buff for Season of Grandeur has been implemented
    • This buff gives all Seasonal players the legendary power from Ring of Royal Grandeur
    • This buff does not stack with additional Ring of Royal Grandeur (either equipped or in Kanai's Cube)
    • Unlike previous Seasonal buffs, this buff will not apply to Non-Seasonal player

Then the GUARANTEED Primal Legendary for your first GR70 by itself is prolly enough to get me to grind it out just for a chance at a perfect weapon

blue said:
  • When completing a Greater Rift level 70 solo for the first time in a Season, a Primal Legendary is guaranteed to drop from the Rift Guardian

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Looks like I'm gonna duo wizard and demon hunter again. Wizzy looking fantastic, but who knows what kind of chaos is gonna come out of the Grandeur buff for other classes, just blatantly obvious for the aforementioned. Stacking those set bonuses is intense.

Crone

Can anyone recommend the best LAZY Class/Build for s16?
Define lazy?

Condemn Crusaders numlock (makes game auto spam any ability on 1-4) their 1-4 abilities, and just run around. Of course you can min/max it and not do that, but it's not much gain in doing so. The famous Multishot DH build is pretty lazy as you are literally killing things that are on and off screen. Just wipes entire maps, and you don't have to do much.

Tal Rasha Channel meteor wizard probably isn't a great choice as while it's not hard, you have to maintain a 4 stack buff by casting 4 different elements. Again, not hard, but still takes paying attention. Isn't mindless.

I realize this post really doesn't answer your question, but maybe will spark some conversation from others.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Lazy would be running around with auras, pets, random shit casting random shit or activating speed buffs, etc.

1 skill to cast? Perfect. 2 or more? Whew lad, too much work

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Nm, that doesn't matter, season starts a week from friday, i think.

Anywho, if any of the usual suspects want to race to 70 with me when server opens, I'll be around - send me a tell.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Not sure what build to go with this Season. With so many buffs happening, there are a lot of builds that haven't been viable in a really long time all of a sudden pretty good. Be damned if I'm not looking at Crusader to have fun with Invoker or Hammerdin. Lol.

Who knows though, Jade Doc is a build that I've never been fond of, but with its huge buff it probably is pretty ridiculous.
6w8s3oJ.png

Jade was arguably the original cruise control build. It's fallen behind a lot but holy shit if they aren't overcorrecting with this:

bliz said:
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
  • The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 560 seconds to 3500 seconds
  • The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1650 seconds to 10000 seconds

They apparently nerfed the monk's Inna's 6-set bonus from 1500% down to 750% in the PTR, but you can still find some vids of folks on the PTR just tearing shit up with it.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
quick question:
So my kids played this game when they were younger with me on my account, well, they are older now and are playing it again. However, now i can afford to buy all of us D3 so we can all play together instead of on one account. Any way Blizzard does char transferes so i can put their guys on their own accounts now?

Crone

quick question:
So my kids played this game when they were younger with me on my account, well, they are older now and are playing it again. However, now i can afford to buy all of us D3 so we can all play together instead of on one account. Any way Blizzard does char transferes so i can put their guys on their own accounts now?
No, they don't do D3 character transfers. But it's kinda pointless anyway. It takes 10 minutes to get a level 1 to level 70 max, and with a new season starting, none of the old gear or whatever they have would matter.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
No, they don't do D3 character transfers. But it's kinda pointless anyway. It takes 10 minutes to get a level 1 to level 70 max, and with a new season starting, none of the old gear or whatever they have would matter.

how exactly do you go from 1 to 70 in that time frame.... maybe we are playing wrong, but we just play the game. I have one char i took to season so long ago, i think it was season 4 lol.
when we play we usually just go through story, but now just doing the ! quests to cleat areas again and get items that way.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It does. All your season stash contents are mailed to you. There's a glowing mail icon on the bottom left when you log into your regular characters.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
how exactly do you go from 1 to 70 in that time frame.... maybe we are playing wrong, but we just play the game. I have one char i took to season so long ago, i think it was season 4 lol.
when we play we usually just go through story, but now just doing the ! quests to cleat areas again and get items that way.

it might be worthwhile for you to play with your kids that way through adventure mode, but to answer your question, you can get powerlevelled from 1 to 70 in about 10 mins.

If you click on the "communities" button on the bottom right you can search for and find the "Seasonal Powerlevelling" community and join that. There are usually people powerlevelling in there or you can ask if any PL groups have room and you can get invited. It's usually active at all times of the day.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
It should be the second or third icon from the bottom left in game. If you had any items in your s15 stash they'd be in there. Crafting mats and whatnot (except gems and machines) are automatically added to your materials window tho.

They all poof after 30 days in the mailbox if you dont take them outta there.

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
It should be the second or third icon from the bottom left in game. If you had any items in your s15 stash they'd be in there. Crafting mats and whatnot (except gems and machines) are automatically added to your materials window tho.

They all poof after 30 days in the mailbox if you dont take them outta there.
Got them, thanks again. Owned the game since release and never played a season.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Can anyone recommend the best LAZY Class/Build for s16?
Depends on whether or not you want to push higher levels. Many builds become relatively lazy if you use the num lock trick to spam your abilities for you. Whirlwind Barb is pretty lazy either way though.