Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was hoping it'd be before christmas so I'd have something to do while working when everyone else is gone. Fuckers :(

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I noticed Rhykker the Diablo video maker on youtube now has PoE videos. I guess he's finally seeing the nail in the coffin. I watched the first few minutes of his PoE guide for newbies. I think the video should have been PoE for ex-Diablo players. Everything he said wasn't what something was, it was how it related to Diablo.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I am in Act 2 at level 20 so far as a Ranger, I have no idea how badly I have fucked up the skill tree already. I have no idea how loot and shit really works in this game as well as all of the gems/currency ect.

I mean at a basic level I understand everything about the game but goddamn is the game more complex than people seem to admit. I am sure if I really wanted to get into the shit I could learn the ins and outs of this but as a casual player I have to say PoE is fucking overwhelming.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So I am in Act 2 at level 20 so far as a Ranger, I have no idea how badly I have fucked up the skill tree already. I have no idea how loot and shit really works in this game as well as all of the gems/currency ect.

I mean at a basic level I understand everything about the game but goddamn is the game more complex than people seem to admit. I am sure if I really wanted to get into the shit I could learn the ins and outs of this but as a casual player I have to say PoE is fucking overwhelming.

Except it really isn't all that complicated at the low end. You can finish Act 10 with very little experience and knowledge. If you want to kill Uber Elder, then you're going to have to dive much deeper and learn a bunch more things.

• 2EyeRoll

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

As a casual player, it was not that hard to find an interesting build guide to follow on their forums. You can do this at work or on the shitter.

The season of PoE that I played to the end (almost) would not have been near as enjoyable without following a class build. The skill tree is overwhelming for a noob to just wing it and I read you can fuck yourself with stats, to where the higher maps just one shot you, or you cant kill things fast enough and it gets far too tedious. I was never a huge D3 online player, and dont find the gameplay compelling enough to play through 3 or 4 characters just to learn the game, before finally being able to see the end game.

Here is a crafting & currency guide I had bookmarked: Forum - Gameplay Help and Discussion - Your Crafting Resource Guide - Path of Exile

Chris

Potato del Grande

Currency you hoard in your stash and trade for good items at high level, let the people who know what they are doing use it.

Even stuff you get a lot of will be in such quantities by high level that a stack or two will get you a good few chaos orbs (most used high end currency).

At most use an Orb of Alchemy on white items with good linked sockets you need then check the crafting table to see if you can add anything else.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I noticed Rhykker the Diablo video maker on youtube now has PoE videos. I guess he's finally seeing the nail in the coffin. I watched the first few minutes of his PoE guide for newbies. I think the video should have been PoE for ex-Diablo players. Everything he said wasn't what something was, it was how it related to Diablo.
Nah, he's been branching out to other arpgs for a while now, he still plays D3 and goes hardcore at the beginning of seasons. Also, PoE really set the bar high with this new season, so it makes sense to get in on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya damn just got this for switch and got a level 27 necro and 34 paladin, now im like should i even bother if its ending soon =p havent even run the stories, been doin rifts they seem cool. can do act 5 in the second difficulty rifts as level 34 paladin so all gravy

• 1Seriously?

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Saw that the other day, really intrigued by it. Anyone checked it out?

Yeah i did. It's kinda clunky imo. Completely redid some classes, but simplified talent trees etc. But the clunkyness might also just because D2 feels like it maybe hasn't aged that well either.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
LOL....

So I picked this up for Xbone when it was $20 and ran a wizard up to 70+130 in 3 days. Cleared a round of bounties before clearing the main story so I could go above Expert. Soloing T4, but had a 700+ guy carry me through a 50 and 65 grift randomly that spiked my paragon levels.

I will say I'm having fun playing it again (since season 7?), mostly because it's not absolute torture on my carpel tunnel since I'm not using a mouse/keyboard. 65" OLED with surround sound on my couch is pretty awesome, too.

Even if the season ends in another week or whatever, 130 paragon in a couple days ain't bad.

If I had to try and play this on a phone I'd probably burn an executive at the stake for considering such a stupid business plan.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL....

So I picked this up for Xbone when it was $20 and ran a wizard up to 70+130 in 3 days. Cleared a round of bounties before clearing the main story so I could go above Expert. Soloing T4, but had a 700+ guy carry me through a 50 and 65 grift randomly that spiked my paragon levels.

I will say I'm having fun playing it again (since season 7?), mostly because it's not absolute torture on my carpel tunnel since I'm not using a mouse/keyboard. 65" OLED with surround sound on my couch is pretty awesome, too.

Even if the season ends in another week or whatever, 130 paragon in a couple days ain't bad.

If I had to try and play this on a phone I'd probably burn an executive at the stake for considering such a stupid business plan.
This is exactly what the Seasons have always been good for. You hop on, have some fun, collect some loot, build out a few toons, and stop playing until the next season. Was a great model, imo, until they just stopped changing anything every season.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Does linking your Blizzard account to your console allow access to characters on my PC account on my console, or just the rewards? Would it overwrite or wipe the characters I've made on my console prior to linking?