Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some classes get by with 4-pc and a decent weapon, grab their GR20 and fly to 70 with the 6-pc. Other builds absolutely need specific legendaries for the full package so while the massive damage boost from 6-pc will instantly leapfrog from struggling with 20 to farming 45s it still takes some luck with gear before you can do a 70 (helps to share drops).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that goes along with the problem I have too. I was thinking about playing some this season but every free set is for the build I hate the most (except Barb which I just don't like playing in general).

Crone

Some classes get by with 4-pc and a decent weapon, grab their GR20 and fly to 70 with the 6-pc. Other builds absolutely need specific legendaries for the full package so while the massive damage boost from 6-pc will instantly leapfrog from struggling with 20 to farming 45s it still takes some luck with gear before you can do a 70 (helps to share drops).
I guess that's what I'm seeing when I was in a GR75 public game, and the Barb and DH just face rolled it like it was nothing. Necros have extremely high potential, as do Condemn Crusaders, but you gotta start getting specific legendaries to make that happen. And then you gotta start getting optimized gear, and augments to get there. At the GR70-80 level, I feel like a Necro needs some of the specifics, and with the buffs Barbs do not, and this is what was frustrating.

A friend of mine made the point too that some of these builds that were buffed had a cap of GR80 pretty much. So with the buffs, GR80 is now their easy farm spot. I'll keep farming, and I think it'll get better, but I did make that Barb just to balance things out. Lol

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I can't resist a new season, despite enjoying PoE more.

I had the strangest leveling experience this season, starting around 30ish I was getting 3-4 goblin spawns per map pretty frequently, the downside is I was getting some crazy mods on rare mobs. I don't recall all the mod names, but I was getting shit like waller/molten/toxic pools/pink spinning dildos constantly, all on a single rare. I got 3 of these chucklefucks clustered together once too, aids everywhere. 3 bars from 70 I get a whimsy portal off a gob, all my bounties cleared, so had to run around quick to hit 70 before I started. Everything seems to be normal at 70 again, no weird goblin spawns, and no more conga lines of fuckmeintheass rares.

Going with crusader this season, but haven't decided what build/set to focus on yet. Doing fine with hammer/fallingsword with vacum condemn for grinding/farming for now, but I'll probaly want to switch it up when I pass GR40-50ish today if I don't have shit luck with loot.

Noticing a lot more loot is dropping with dex/int rather than strength, I really hope I don't get screwed with some int class primal, I really don't feel like alts this season.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I can't resist a new season, despite enjoying PoE more.

I had the strangest leveling experience this season, starting around 30ish I was getting 3-4 goblin spawns per map pretty frequently, the downside is I was getting some crazy mods on rare mobs. I don't recall all the mod names, but I was getting shit like waller/molten/toxic pools/pink spinning dildos constantly, all on a single rare. I got 3 of these chucklefucks clustered together once too, aids everywhere. 3 bars from 70 I get a whimsy portal off a gob, all my bounties cleared, so had to run around quick to hit 70 before I started. Everything seems to be normal at 70 again, no weird goblin spawns, and no more conga lines of fuckmeintheass rares.

Going with crusader this season, but haven't decided what build/set to focus on yet. Doing fine with hammer/fallingsword with vacum condemn for grinding/farming for now, but I'll probaly want to switch it up when I pass GR40-50ish today if I don't have shit luck with loot.

Noticing a lot more loot is dropping with dex/int rather than strength, I really hope I don't get screwed with some int class primal, I really don't feel like alts this season.
Do you have multiple characters? I find I get a lot more "alt loot" if I have more than one character... Might just be my imagination.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider

I was thinking the same thing today. Only have a barb in season but was getting multiple DH and WD drops. I seem to remember only getting this much alt stuff well into the hundreds paragon, not while initial gearing up.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Nah just the one so far. It's probably one of those "jboots are slower" type thing.

Probably. I did notice drops in general are falling out of the sky like mad. My new Wizzie is nicely decked out for the small effort I put in. It's far better geared than the Necro that I put much more time in to building up.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The rng modifier is pretty obnoxious. Yes, I spent 100 hours on this one toon at cap, but my second has better gear after 20 hours.... Da fuck. Also, thanks for giving me a decked out Furnace on my Demon Hunter....

Fucker

Log Wizard
The rng modifier is pretty obnoxious. Yes, I spent 100 hours on this one toon at cap, but my second has better gear after 20 hours.... Da fuck. Also, thanks for giving me a decked out Furnace on my Demon Hunter....

I played a DH at first. I wanted a Tasker and Theo and NEVER GOT ONE. I got one today. My life is now complete.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't get any decent weapon for the life of me, hell I bet I'll get 3 gifts back-to-back before I do for any build.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Meh, wish I wouldn't have chosen mage now. Vyr Archon just fucking blows until you get the CDR down.

Thanks for all the peeps that made parties today, made it a bit more bearable at least.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah, bunch of leeching today and I got the rest of my WW shit. No ancients and not well rolled shit and I jumped to plowing t13 in <3mins and grift 70 in <5min I think.

• 1Like

Vorph

Do you have multiple characters? I find I get a lot more "alt loot" if I have more than one character... Might just be my imagination.
There's a ~15% chance of smart loot being dumb.

Also, thanks for giving me a decked out Furnace on my Demon Hunter....
On the bright side, Furnace is rarely used outside the cube anymore since there's so many weapons now that buff your main skill directly.

Archon just fucking blows
Can confirm.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Got to GR97 on impale with level 44 25 25 gems and no Dawn. Bored with D3 now.

I did GR97 as well earlier as impale using Focus and Restraint and with with no wolf pet and a goddamn generator for the F/R.

I don't know if I should feel bad about this or not.

• 1Worf

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this, first time in a few years, but it's hard to get back into (seasonal). I don't like the monk starter set, and after two days I only have two pieces of the set I actually want to play. Already losing interest.

Crone

Been playing this, first time in a few years, but it's hard to get back into (seasonal). I don't like the monk starter set, and after two days I only have two pieces of the set I actually want to play. Already losing interest.
Playing with friends that can farm Greater Rifts for you? You have your starter set that was buffed, so you're not entirely useless. Go join public T13 Rift games, and just spam Rifts for a while for loot.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
What is with the characters on the leaderboards with 1,000,000% dmg rings or 30k dmg weapons at 150 GR? Is that just blatant cheating?