Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Gave the new barb set a try, it's miserable to play. Got up to 97 with it, the higher you go the worse it feels because you can't target the elites in a giant group of mobs and you can't kill the trash since you have no aoe, and your overall damage just doesn't keep up. Went from a gifted ancient weapon for frenzy set back to ww set with non ancient, no socket weapons and I could clear the same key level twice as fast.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Took me around 20 crafts to get a Crimson pants to ancient, I don't even have max gems yet to throw in it and my jewelry gems are super low despite being around GR90 capable (DH).

Damage way outscales toughness this early in the season. edit: just got an elusive to drop, the 60% over 50% does help.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anyone needs boost or gear dump for barb/wd just hit me up. For you barbs are you using 2pc crimson in the build? Been using that variant and did a 102 like nothing and didnt feel squishy at all. Kinda lost interest so made the WD with the net set and its really fun too. Might do monk tonight, new set looks fun as hell.
Trying to get my wd up after I started barb. Wouldn't mind the wd gear dump to try and get the new set going!

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The basic Multi-shot UE6 build with Yangs, Dead Mans Legacy and F+R rings will blow up a GR70 no problem. The power boosts from the yangs + DML is nuts for that set and a few disc rolls on chest + weapon + offhand are huge power bumps as well.

Shadow Impale is almost difficult to play sub GR80 if you have the 6 piece + dagger + holy point shot because you 1 shot everything and don't return any hatred. Even a poorly rolled Shadows set should clear GR90 pretty easily, but it will almost always take a minimum of 4-6 minutes. UE can power through a lot of that stuff super fast but may be a bit harder to gear if you get stuck waiting for a yangs to drop. In the past few seasons getting a Dawn to drop for the cube has been one of the hardest things for getting either of those 2 builds up and going

For lower grifts, shadow uses a hatred building attack to deal with the hate issue.

• 1Faggotry

Crone

Got all the pieces of the new WD set, and it's pretty fun. Super squishy though. What's the main thing to make you more tough? I need to mess with it more I think. I know Sacred Harvester could go into the cube, and I'm already using Red gems in my chest/legs.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got all the pieces of the new WD set, and it's pretty fun. Super squishy though. What's the main thing to make you more tough? I need to mess with it more I think. I know Sacred Harvester could go into the cube, and I'm already using Red gems in my chest/legs.

I've never seen red gems used on any class except barb/crusader. You should be using int (yellow) gems for dmg/resists, or at the very least white ones (pure resist).

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When in doubt on how to max toughness check the hardcore leaderboards

• 1Like

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
red gems give strength which is gives armour, can be helpful for int classes who hit some diminishing returns on resists from int but want to boost some toughness. early armour gains are pretty nice toughness boosters since it reduces all incoming damage

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

The glass cannon push build doesn't use it, but the best thing left to try would be 2x Unity + follower relic. Assuming you are using the build with RoRG in the Cube and Capt Crimson set, I would replace RoRG with Unity and just skip the Crimson set. Use some other belt like Transcendence.

If you want to go deeper on the armor buffs, try the suggestions here:

• 1Like

Malakriss

close to P700 and only need to do an augment to finish the season journey. Don't even have an ancient worth it atm so might just gem up to 100 then slap it on something.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
quarantine kicking in...got my first queue in forever logging in just now. Only a 1 minute wait so not terrible.

edit add: rolled an alt and apparently Corona is racist according to the name filter

• 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The queue is/was cause the servers shit the bed I think, cause I got kicked out of the game and then disconnected from battle.net had to reopen and join queue. Aaaaaaaaand just got instantly kicked/disconnected as soon as I got back in.

Malakriss

Let's cut to our hardcore players, how are they doing over here? Dead? All of them? Real heartbreaker.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Lakumba's Ornament
Captain's Crimson Trimmings set (2pc with Ring of Royal Grandeur)
Endless Walk set
Red gems in armor
Sacred Harvester in Cube so Soul Harvest stacks to 10

Soul Harvest with Languish Rune
Locust Swarm with Cloud of Insects Rune
Big Bad Voodoo with Ghost Trance Rune
Horrify with Frightening Aspect Rune

The reason you use Rubies in your armor is because all of the runes listed above increase your armor. So you stack Armor via Gems to bolster their effects. Then as you get stronger via gear and Paragon you replace the runes with movement speed/damage/mana regen and replace the gems with Topaz for Int.

I also got a Primal Henri's Perquosition so I have that equipped and have Gazing Demise in the cube. WDs do so much damage with so little offensive aid that most shit is dead inside the 3 second charm from Henri's. And the initial 80% DR on first hit is great, especially if Soul Harvest falls off and you lose your stacks.

I haven't started pushing yet but my highest GR this season on the WD is 94 in 5 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if I could manage 105+ at this point. And I can speed clear T16 rifts even wearing Sage's for extra DBs.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I got a flavor ot time as my primal doing gr 70. Not one dps affix on it.

I should make a HC char, get to 70 and kill myself. I won't, but its the thought that counts.

• 1Faggotry

Crone

Lakumba's Ornament
Captain's Crimson Trimmings set (2pc with Ring of Royal Grandeur)
Endless Walk set
Red gems in armor
Sacred Harvester in Cube so Soul Harvest stacks to 10

Soul Harvest with Languish Rune
Locust Swarm with Cloud of Insects Rune
Big Bad Voodoo with Ghost Trance Rune
Horrify with Frightening Aspect Rune

The reason you use Rubies in your armor is because all of the runes listed above increase your armor. So you stack Armor via Gems to bolster their effects. Then as you get stronger via gear and Paragon you replace the runes with movement speed/damage/mana regen and replace the gems with Topaz for Int.

I also got a Primal Henri's Perquosition so I have that equipped and have Gazing Demise in the cube. WDs do so much damage with so little offensive aid that most shit is dead inside the 3 second charm from Henri's. And the initial 80% DR on first hit is great, especially if Soul Harvest falls off and you lose your stacks.

I haven't started pushing yet but my highest GR this season on the WD is 94 in 5 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if I could manage 105+ at this point. And I can speed clear T16 rifts even wearing Sage's for extra DBs.
Mixed things up a bit, and got a LOT tankier. Thanks!

I'm still not sure on the gameplay of the build overall. Without really trying, like most builds in D3 these days I'm doing 80's in 4 minutes, so it's working, but I feel like I'm just spam clicking stuff, spirit barrage is shooting all over the place, and it works. But is the new spirit barage almost like DH Sentries? Like you place them on the ground, sort of, but not really? Then you have the dude above your head, always spitting out stuff, that does damage as well?

I've spent all of a couple hours with it, most of it messing with gear, so I'll play some more and figure it out. Watch a few vids, and I'll get it.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Mixed things up a bit, and got a LOT tankier. Thanks!

I'm still not sure on the gameplay of the build overall. Without really trying, like most builds in D3 these days I'm doing 80's in 4 minutes, so it's working, but I feel like I'm just spam clicking stuff, spirit barrage is shooting all over the place, and it works. But is the new spirit barage almost like DH Sentries? Like you place them on the ground, sort of, but not really? Then you have the dude above your head, always spitting out stuff, that does damage as well?

I've spent all of a couple hours with it, most of it messing with gear, so I'll play some more and figure it out. Watch a few vids, and I'll get it.

Yeah that's pretty much it. Manitou does a lot of the work but the phantasms also explode with a big multiplier making letting you clear big packs quickly. It does feel like a lot going on, because you also need to be keeping up Soul Harvest / Locust Swarm and other buffs. Definitely not as chill as spin2win which will probably affect how long I stick with it this season before stopping.