Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I can only assume the Emanate ability to get a bonus from a follower will be limited to 1 bonus at time. Otherwise, giving everyone the ability to have Nems, Flavor of Time, and Sage's plus whatever else seems like a ton of power creep.

Solo self-found mode has been asked for but it would have to be an option that isolated the character from all the shared paragon, stash, etc. And solo self-found bounties are a bitch.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Currently it seems like this follower revamp will be the new seasonal buff? Not really much more power creep than previous seasonal buffs.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
they have needed to balance the solo vs group situation for a while, its nice that they are throwing the solo play guys a bone with this one, kinda lame that its a seasonal affix if that ends up being the case though

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think its just a seasonal thing : Follower System Revamp: The Follower system for Diablo III has been revamped and will be made permanently available for Seasonal and Non-Seasonal play!

Its going to go in for non seasonal too. Also "Permanently".

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's essentially adding "cube slots" on the followers for non-dps effects. You get all the perks while running solo and higher group play is completely unaffected, so it's not even a balance issue as long as they restrict which legendaries work on the follower.

We'll lose the 4th cube slot from last season, but pick up multiple solo-only slots and that will become the new baseline going forward.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best part of that is not having to deal with the bullshit of swapping out goldwrap & avarice bands to run whatever highest tier rifts exist now regardless of your set/gear. Also lol at permanently never having to repair again cause of the shoulderpads buff

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just started playing this again. I haven't played since probably 2013. It seems way more polished now but I'm only level 33. I don't even know what rifts are or anything so it will be interesting to see the end game when I get there. Anyone know when this season ends?
It’s actually a pretty good game now. It wasn’t at release. I maxed one of each character I think. The item sets completely changing the characters was fun to farm and play around with. Never played the necro though. It released and a friend and I keep saying we’re going to go duo a couple necros but we never get around to it.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Once you've played a couple seasons and done the speed runs when that class can do them well, you get burned out. Rank 3000 or whatever. Maxed every class. Even ran two classes through on Xbox (also fun, much less "left click simulator"). I pick it up about once a year and run a season or partial season til I get burned out.

It's definitely a million times better than it was at launch, holy shit. If they can balance all of these systems and structures, and combine it with a kick ass storyline in Diablo 4, I will be incredibly hype. Compared to games like Path of Exile, it just plays better. Might not have a mind numbingly high number of variations and infinite talent tree, endless bag space, but that's to its benefit.

If I never hear demon hunter multishot or wizard orb explosion or witch doctor chicken or crusader laser beans or barbarian leaping grunt sound effects again, I think I'll be OK.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I tried to get back into PoE again recently but I guess I'm just not into having to do hours and hours of research to learn game systems and builds like I used to. I do think D3 is a little light on character customization (Grim Dawn is perfect), but I'm looking to play with other people which Grim Dawn doesn't do.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

New PTR adjustments. Wizard Firebird reworked, new necro item and Rathma got the bat, Demon Hunter GoD damage raised to compensate with the pierce nerf.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider

New PTR adjustments. Wizard Firebird reworked, new necro item and Rathma got the bat, Demon Hunter GoD damage raised to compensate with the pierce nerf.
Sigh... I really wanted to try necro this season. Maybe the nerf isn’t that bad but as usual they just increased the multiplier damage on the items and called it the day. I really hope they don’t continue this trend in Diablo 4. That’s what I liked about Diablo 2 it didn’t have any of that and now all you have in D3 is inflated damage. At max 60 level gearless character in D3 can’t do shit in the game but a max level D2 level 99 character stands a chance. Without all those multipliers D3 characters are useless.

Last edited:

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Do white, blue, and yellow crafting materials or gold have any purpose at end game? I haven't seen any use for any of them yet but I just started playing again and haven't played since release, so all the end game stuff is new to me.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Do white, blue, and yellow crafting materials or gold have any purpose at end game? I haven't seen any use for any of them yet but I just started playing again and haven't played since release, so all the end game stuff is new to me.
Reforging, upgrading stuff etc. Definitely has uses. Plus it goes into a crafting material storage so not like it's taking up any precious space so definitely try to get them.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Sigh... I really wanted to try necro this season. Maybe the nerf isn’t that bad but as usual they just increased the multiplier damage on the items and called it the day. I really hope they don’t continue this trend in Diablo 4. That’s what I liked about Diablo 2 it didn’t have any of that and now all you have in D3 is inflated damage. At max 60 level gearless character in D3 can’t do shit in the game but a max level D2 level 99 character stands a chance. Without all those multipliers D3 characters are useless.
This isn't a fair comparison at all.

You aren't getting a max level D2 character with crap gear. It takes an ginormous amount of grinding without dying to do that.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
This isn't a fair comparison at all.

You aren't getting a max level D2 character with crap gear. It takes an ginormous amount of grinding without dying to do that.
Other funny thing about that is that in D2, monsters could be flat out immune to your spec entirely so the notion of "stands a chance" is laughable. Other than hammerdins (I think?) and whatever the barb skill that hit for damage that wasn't considered magic or physical, I don't remember any way around things that were straight up "Immune to x" + "immune to y" as they chased me around the durance of hate

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wasn't there some insta death spell that Magic Resistance did nothing against? It's been quite a while since I've done the insane difficulty D2 stuff. Just remember having diamonds being nearly invulnerable to magic and still getting insta gibbed by some fast little black demon fucker in Hell.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wasn't there some insta death spell that Magic Resistance did nothing against? It's been quite a while since I've done the insane difficulty D2 stuff. Just remember having diamonds being nearly invulnerable to magic and still getting insta gibbed by some fast little black demon fucker in Hell.

Are you talking about the bone fetishes/stygian dolls that explode on death?

There is physical damage as well as magical damage, obviously magic resists aren't going to do anything vs physical.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The follower rework is great, but it will be there next season. Going to skip this season and play pod/pd2

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Are you talking about the bone fetishes/stygian dolls that explode on death?

There is physical damage as well as magical damage, obviously magic resists aren't going to do anything vs physical.
Funny I never researched this back in the day. I mostly played assassin, and apparently there's a reflect monster trait which meant I was effectively killing myself because my damage far out ranked my health/armor, and thought it was the explosion that occurs when they die. Just remember this mostly being the only thing that ever really killed me consistently on the last section of Hell on Nightmare difficulty. Last time I played D2 was probably 2004.

Sidenote, I'd like to go back and see what a hacked character looks like on today's computer hardware. Once built some assassin claws that would cast every spell in the game on hit. Shit was funny, but made the game run like a slideshow on an Athlon 1700XP running at 2.4ghz. Still. Fun.