Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Wut? 1.5B should outfit you quite easily for MP10. It won't be that fast, but you can do it. I was doing MP10 on a TR/EP/bells build on a suit that cost much less. Maybe 500M?
Monk is easier to gear than WD (which he is gearing). Pricing on things like Zuni helms and good boots are pretty crazy. We were short 5 items when my net died last night, and we had him close to 50k hp, 800AR, 3200 armor and I'm betting close to 160k base damage on a plvl0 WD. I think at the time he had spent about 500m - keep in mind the gems alone for a good set are at least 100m. The goal for his set was 50k+ hp, 800+AR, 4k+ armor, 40CC, 400CD and over 150k base damage at 1.8aps.

And speed IS the name of the game - if you can't clear fast, you need to go down in MP until you can, it's just not efficient otherwise (unless you aren't going for efficiency, then have it!)

1.5b certainly isn't what it used to be. I spent 2b alone on my mempo maybe 10 months ago - some of the guys I ran with had 5-7b perfect mempos...crazyness. I'll be happy when the AH is gone and gold is (hopefully) worthless.

Speaking of gold being worthless, has anyone read anything about what the "black market" currency will be, if there's even going to be one? Most of the streams I've been watching for RoS seem like you are pretty self sufficient now.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Figured that's what happened because everything died at the same time. No worries because I realized what time it was and went to sleep pretty quick myself.

We can finish up tonight!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, maybe monk is a bad example. EP is kinda "cheating". But insisting on a crit mempo probably isn't helping either. I thought most WD use a zuni helm in that slot?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Ok, maybe monk is a bad example. EP is kinda "cheating". But insisting on a crit mempo probably isn't helping either. I thought most WD use a zuni helm in that slot?
Yea the mempo was for my barbar, sorry I was mixing trains of thought
wink.png
And I LOVE EP - I wish I still had gold to build a good monk set.

Crone - lets do it tonight for sure!

Crone

Yea the mempo was for my barbar, sorry I was mixing trains of thought
wink.png
And I LOVE EP - I wish I still had gold to build a good monk set.

Crone - lets do it tonight for sure!
How much a good monk set cost? Christmas is just right around the corner Madruk!!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of gold being worthless, has anyone read anything about what the "black market" currency will be, if there's even going to be one? Most of the streams I've been watching for RoS seem like you are pretty self sufficient now.
In RoS the best items are legendaries, and all legendaries are bind on pickup (other than a brief trade window to someone who was in your party when it dropped). and they are hinting that gold may be account bound as well. There might be a third party market for rares, but that's pretty unlikely.

Crone

In RoS the best items are legendaries, and all legendaries are bind on pickup (other than a brief trade window to someone who was in your party when it dropped). and they are hinting that gold may be account bound as well. There might be a third party market for rares, but that's pretty unlikely.
So as soon as anyone has their toon geared out what the hell is the point in continuing to play?

So as soon as anyone has their toon geared out what the hell is the point in continuing to play?
Same thing as every other ARPG. Gearing up other toons, getting better/better/best upgrades on geared toons. This doesn't change the goal, it just means people can't shower you with legendary loots when you first cap a toon.

Behemoth_sl

shitlord
Barb transition to ROS is brutal. Copied my MP10 capable Barb to the F&F beta and got royally assraped by anything above "Hard" difficulty. Kinda burnt out on Barb anyways, may start a WD from scratch to see how it goes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've seen quite a few barbs streaming and doing pretty well. The thing though is the current gearing is completely worthless in RoS for the most part, especially if you have really good gear which tends to favor high damage and lifesteal to survive, since lifesteal is removed in RoS. So you just have high damage and that's kinda meh. Should be ok for a few levels and then you get crushed. If you regear though it's alright but other than mempo I think people replace everything by the time they hit 70.

However having seen a few people relvl chars, it seems it's a lot easier if you play a char in ros from the start than if you try to play a current char unless godly geared. You get a lot of good gear leveling so the transition is a lot smoother, you have more health and some of the new legendaries and shit. WD looks pretty solid too from what I've seen, piranhas are insanely good, the pets were buffed quite a lot so they're fairly viable and in general the class looks like it plays better.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Yea, that's what it seems like - just wondered if anyone had seen or heard anything else. Thanks!

I like the idea of gold being BoA. If I can drop some rares on a buddy whos getting back into it or just getting started to help out, that seems legit. I don't mind the legendaries being BoA either - I remember back in D2 that you stored good rares and legendaries for alts, and almost always sold the rest for gold to gamble with. I think it was only a small percentage of players that would go the SOJ currency route, and even then weren't most of those duped anyway?

Also, part of me wishes you couldn't respec your paragon points. My reasoning for this is that in D2 you had to reroll a new character every time you wanted to try a different build, and you banked items specifically for that reason which in turn made farming items more exciting. If paragon points were locked per character, you might get that sense of experimentation with risk involved back. Sure it's just a matter of leveling another class to 70 to try another build, but that's not much different than getting run thru cow levels for a couple hours to hit 60-70 in D2.

Behemoth_sl

shitlord
Yea I've seen the streams too and get what you are saying. it's just a crazy transition to go from facerolling to replacing that gear with yellows.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea I've seen the streams too and get what you are saying. it's just a crazy transition to go from facerolling to replacing that gear with yellows.
Well it's really like every wow expansions ever, first bear ass quests in the new zone rewards gear that is on par with last tier of raiding more or less. I think it's a decent move considering the removal of AH and shit, so people don't feel cheated when they buy the expansion then read that they should have bought x and y on the AH before it closed to really get the maximum value and shit.

As for black market, maybe some rares could be sold, maybe. Since drops are smart loot you only find stats of your main, and rares tend to be weaker than a legendary in that slot a lot of the time, but I guess perfect rolled rares would still be valuable as even with enchanting you can't get perfect stats on legendaries all the time. I don't really see many people buying though as the advantage would be so ridiculously low.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Barb transition to ROS is brutal. Copied my MP10 capable Barb to the F&F beta and got royally assraped by anything above "Hard" difficulty. Kinda burnt out on Barb anyways, may start a WD from scratch to see how it goes.
Did you compensate for the reduced effectiveness of life steal? It's halved at 60 and then completely gone by 70. EDIT: nevermind! Go to feed the baby and everyone responds.

Says the guy buying a mp10 suit.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Gotta stack that Paragon xp!

So I've compared the XP tables from both live and P2.0, and I don't know if I just can't math, or if it changes somehow. According to the new xp chart if I have a paragon 100 character, I should have over 200 paragon levels come RoS, yet a few of the streamers I follow are below plvl100 in RoS. I'll admit I haven't looked into it much, so it's probably a simple answer, but I'm too lazy to look for it! Anyone know what the paragon XP would be if I had a single plvl 100 char come P2.0?

Crone

Did you compensate for the reduced effectiveness of life steal? It's halved at 60 and then completely gone by 70. EDIT: nevermind! Go to feed the baby and everyone responds.

Says the guy buying a mp10 suit.
Lol... good point, however, I was more making a point that without some kind of trading system, even if it's just face to face with players, I feel it'll get kind of boring. But you are right. Farm gear for your other toons, others builds, etc. It's what we do in this games.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Once you have perfect gear, trading or not wouldn't matter anyway, other than RMAH to make real monies or I guess D2JSP gold by selling shit but in terms of the game itself once you reach max gear there's nothing else to do on that char regardless. It's more likely to happen quickly if you can trade too, at least quicker than it would finding everything.

As for paragon levels, you must have missed something. Paragon 100 is about 10billion xp. Paragon 100 in the expansion is about 8billions, paragon 200 is 22billions. Current level 100 is about 120 in RoS.